Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I haven't been beat up in a while, miss it.

ovarB11

Hello Vets

From what I am led to believe HCL is a done deal, and has been for quite some time.  I am not hearing anything different at the present time, nor would I expect to. Most of the people I talk to are pretty solid that way.  Those who know me will testify to that.

Now, let’s get to money.  Although I have nothing with certainty, I am hearing talks about a managed float .  The issue is how to get to a true value of the IQD while keeping as much of the profit for Iraq.

Don’t beat me up, this is just one scenario I have been hearing. I will use US currency for an example. Let’s say in our currency

$100 was our smallest bill and equal to $1.00

$1000 = $10.00

$10,000 = $100

If our government new the true value of our currency was what it is now, how could we RV to that rate knowing that much of our currency is in different countries, without giving other countries the same benefit we should get.  Plus we didn’t want the expense of producing a complete new currency. I have it! 

Most countries and investors have our largest bill. Lets make a $10.00 = to $1.00 as rate floats up and recall the $10,000. The key would be to keep the $10 in country as much as possible.  Out of country investors would have no option the exchange currency, instead they would have to cash out. Yes they could re-buy but now we are selling our currency because it has value, making money, not because as before it was not worth. No straight exchange for new bills. Banks clean up on fees. Maybe we can totally stop out of country new purchases, which would be extremely difficult, but if possible, it would limit investor profits to 10X them we could release new $1.00 bills and get rid of $1000. In this scenario who ever has smallest bills now wins most. That is the people in country, not investors.

Just a theory that was kicked around in conversation with some pretty smart people I know. I hope this is not the case, if so it would also be hard to get currency back into country for lower denoms, but well worth it if you could.

Be advised that I do not have any information that this is happening, just a theory that has been talked about by people close to the money.

Okay, let the beatings begin.

11Bravo

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

I believe Iraq has 80% if not more of the dinar count.  We seem to think that dinar holders are all over the place when it's not really true.  Even people who hear it, don't accept that this could happen.  Don't think they are really worried about us, main thing is they want to get their currency to its true value.  I still believe they will let it float based on the economy.  It will eventually get to 3.00 when they've pulled in more currency and their country keeps evolving.

HCL is waiting on signatures from what I believe.  Sounds to me like "they are agreed upon the terms" just waiting on the formalities.  Time will tell if the article was true, or crap

• Upvote 4

A $0.01 RV....better than a kick in the teeth

The only problem lies in if we'd have to exchange in a certain amount of time or not.

No hate here Bravo11.

Don't be a stranger...I think I can't speak for everyone here on DV , but I always look forward to your posts

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the post.  I do not believe in a in country, and out of country senario!  When it changes, it will change for all at the same time.  No tricks, no matter what rate it is, I believe it will be the same for all.  JMHO!

Go RV or RI Soon !!!!

:twocents:

• Upvote 10

Thanks for your post and insight. I, for one, appreciate what you bring. No BS. I was even asking about the other day.

On a similar note, I got a response from some of my contacts over there (God, I wish I knew how to take an email and make it all clean and post it here). Not much to report other than the dinar was dropping because of Iranians trying to buy up as much dollar as they could. So relatives/sellers in Iraq were scooping up $$'s to send to Iran/Syria. After the elections, the mentality changes (moderate govt in charge now), so demand for the $$ dropped and it is back to normal for the dinar. Cheers and good to see you again in here.

• Upvote 2

Hello Vets

From what I am led to believe HCL is a done deal, and has been for quite some time.  I am not hearing anything different at the present time, nor would I expect to. Most of the people I talk to are pretty solid that way.  Those who know me will testify to that.

Now, let’s get to money.  Although I have nothing with certainty, I am hearing talks about a managed float .  The issue is how to get to a true value of the IQD while keeping as much of the profit for Iraq.

Don’t beat me up, this is just one scenario I have been hearing. I will use US currency for an example. Let’s say in our currency

$1000 = $10.00

$10,000 = $100

If our government new the true value of our currency was what it is now, how could we RV to that rate knowing that much of our currency is in different countries, without giving other countries the same benefit we should get.  Plus we didn’t want the expense of producing a complete new currency. I have it! 

Most countries and investors have our largest bill. Lets make a $10.00 = to $1.00 as rate floats up and recall the $10,000. The key would be to keep the $10 in country as much as possible.  Out of country investors would have no option the exchange currency, instead they would have to cash out. Yes they could re-buy but now we are selling our currency because it has value, making money, not because as before it was not worth. No straight exchange for new bills. Banks clean up on fees. Maybe we can totally stop out of country new purchases, which would be extremely difficult, but if possible, it would limit investor profits to 10X them we could release new $1.00 bills and get rid of $1000. In this scenario who ever has smallest bills now wins most. That is the people in country, not investors.

Just a theory that was kicked around in conversation with some pretty smart people I know. I hope this is not the case, if so it would also be hard to get currency back into country for lower denoms, but well worth it if you could.

Be advised that I do not have any information that this is happening, just a theory that has been talked about by people close to the money.

11Bravo

Thank you for sharing! Good and/or bad...

:peace:

• Upvote 1

agreed....why do you think not implemented?

No need. Until sanctions where lifted they could not do anything so why bother. Easier to keep on back burner.

Amos9:13

I think 80% is a bit high, but if you had to pay 20% of your net worth out would you rather do it at 10 points or 1000

Thanks for the post.  I do not believe in a in country, and out of country senario!  When it changes, it will change for all at the same time.  No tricks, no matter what rate it is, I believe it will be the same for all.  JMHO!

Go RV or RI Soon !!!!

:twocents:

Yes same rate everyplace. Only change in this scenario is control after first turn with time limit on large bills. Nothing new

Edited by ovarB11
  • Upvote 2

Hello Vets

$1000 = $10.00

$10,000 = $100

11Bravo

nice post......so please share your thoughts on any individual with WARKA account...........seems that might be a good thing provided Warka stays liquid.......and if what you have outlined above comes to fruition......?

Again I am not claiming to be a GURE but I think like most you are confusing an Domestic Iraqi value with an international traded rate---The internal currency rate of the Dinar will be on a par with the dollar --here's the hard part the currency has to have very close numerical  value to the dollars they are using for the most part now--1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100s, 250s,{my own opinion is the  coins are doomed again}--this has made it possible for the averaged citizens to make an easy transition into numerical denominations from  they are using both now!

Basically this is scary and no one wants to change from the present system--

Now lets look at it like this, lets not get to hoped up on real numbers just as an example things which are imported at 1166 or[paid in dollars] at 1.00 with mark up just say 1.50 --now the dinar is really worth at [just an example- 3.00 on the international market means Iraq can import 3 times the commodity at 1 third the cost over the 1.00 old rate --that brings down the cost to the Iraqi citizens by 3 times--compare it to walmart they import 85 % of there product on very favorable trade terms---and mark up! Iraq is going to have the reverse for a long time the savings will be passed on to the citizens for a good period of time

This is the real hold up--the politicians to much money to be made for themselves---the religious leaders don't want  this they will lose their hold on the flock[and money]--LOL, my term-- but there are a few that see the future and willing to bend with it

JMO of course

Ennoste and I had a couple of revelations, libations , we are all here for the same thing

• Upvote 2

nice post......so please share your thoughts on any individual with WARKA account...........seems that might be a good thing provided Warka stays liquid.......and if what you have outlined above comes to fruition......?

I didnt ask any questions requarding that topic. Selfish, but doesn't aply to me. lol  I do know CBI wants them gone, or playing ball like good boys and girls.

CBI and WARKA do not have a good relationship, and I believe CBI has the juice. Sorry not any help. I will ask a question or three this weekend if I have the chance.

Again I am not claiming to be a GURE but I think like most you are confusing an Domestic Iraqi value with an international traded rate---The internal currency rate of the Dinar will be on a par with the dollar --here's the hard part the currency has to have very close numerical  value to the dollars they are using for the most part now--1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100s, 250s,{my own opinion is the  coins are doomed again}--this has made it possible for the averaged citizens to make an easy transition into numerical denominations from  they are using both now!

Basically this is scary and no one wants to change from the present system--

Now lets look at it like this, lets not get to hoped up on real numbers just as an example things which are imported at 1166 or[paid in dollars] at 1.00 with mark up just say 1.50 --now the dinar is really worth at [just an example- 3.00 on the international market means Iraq can import 3 times the commodity at 1 third the cost over the 1.00 old rate --that brings down the cost to the Iraqi citizens by 3 times--compare it to walmart they import 85 % of there product on very favorable trade terms---and mark up! Iraq is going to have the reverse for a long time the savings will be passed on to the citizens for a good period of time

This is the real hold up--the politicians to much money to be made for themselves---the religious leaders don't want  this they will lose their hold on the flock[and money]--LOL, my term-- but there are a few that see the future and willing to bend with it

JMO of course

Ennoste and I had a couple of revelations, libations , we are all here for the same thing

I am not confused at all just used my example with easy numbers for the masses, but thanks for the lesson. We can talk about true value of currency and rate differential on import export if you like, just not the right place. Truely Dont mean to be an azz.

Edited by ovarB11
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

hey ovarB11 long time no see ... I remember reading your posts back when I just became a member of DV , I dont wanna come across as negative but the lower denom scenario you spoke of in your original post was a guru pump from a long time ago to promote lower denom sales at high prices...... if they make a change to the currency it will affect all bills in that particular issue as in all the current bills it wont matter what denoms you have.

personally I would rather have more larger bills if they did do that as I would have paid less for them and gain more in the end.

JMO ... :twocents:

• Upvote 3

Hello Vets

$1000 = $10.00

$10,000 = $100

11Bravo

overB11, I actually enjoyed the read, it makes sense, no bashing. +1

One hypothetical question-- in your opinion,10k usd or 10x what we put in for 1 million Iqd a possibility?