Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Banker's Advice on What to do after RV

Amos, great advice and thank you for sharing with us! I think I agree with moving number 7 to number 1 however!  I have a question what did you mean about don't fall for the FDIC insured line. Thank you very much!

Great advice. You have to be careful not to let this go to your head. We plan on building a 1000 sq ft ecofriendly house on a lot we already own. We would like to live "off the grid" as much as possible. We have a 2009 rice rocket that we love - it's a good feeling to fill up for $25 although most of our friends make fun of it. They don't understand why we don't have something bigger and grander. It's called staying out of debt, but we don't owe anyone an explanation.

We've already did extensive traveling so tooling around our little piece of land with a small home sounds good. We already live off our investments. Everything beyond that's extra to help others - anonymously because I loathe attention for doing good deeds you're suppose to do anyway. Believe it or not, we know dinarians who are planning to spend a lot on a bigger or an extra home, big boats and "stuff". No problem with that, except I'm pretty sure they're going to be like those lottery winners and end up in trouble. I pray to keep a level head.

• Upvote 3

Great advice - fits in with my "Dave Ramseyite" view point. (Yep - Financial Peace graduate working on getting Debt Free - and I'm about 6 months out it looks like)

Of course tithe comes first.

Will be getting a "new to me" vehicle and fixing up my pickup. Living out of town in MT you just have to have a 4WD pickup.

Maybe not totally paying off my house - but setting aside funds that automatically make my house payment so I never have to worry about that again (maybe an interest bearing account to make some more money on that money)

Improving my place with solar and wind - maybe even to the point of getting off the grid.

I already have a small Mutual Fund program working for me - and will be building on that. Not going to be able to quit working - but will be able to look at retiring early if we come close to 1:1.

Spend more time on my other business too. I need to definitley make that a priority.