Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Real Banker's Point of View

Here is what the world economy plays into Iraq....

-Nations will come into Iraq (WE are there, China is there, Russia coming (see airport)) increase economic stronghold

-Companies will come...look at Citibank!!! They spend a trillion to come in.  Guys let me tell you...a bank doesn't come in unless they expect to make money.  They don't make money unless they lend...who would they be lending to right now? Exactly!!! They are EXPECTING Iraq to become a power house.

-The world needs Iraq's economy to become stronger, this could be used to swap out a reserve currency used as IQD.  The facts are the USD is not what it use to be (and will decline sharply), and the Euro is failing...who's next?  China?  No, they cheat and will never increase their rate...they'd lose business.\

-Iraq has nowhere to go but up...while I do believe they have 33 trillion in dinar...I don't believe that it is all "working currency".  I believe they will "have it listed" until they go international (WTO) tradeable...then they will cut their losses.  Do I think it's a smokescreen...no not necessarily...I think right now they are "needing it there because they have no choice"...which is one reason they are using US dollars.  While they are in transition they have to hold onto the currency.  I don't even think they know how much they will need (waiting on float for dinar).

-I do feel they will allow it to free float...works in our favor anyways.  As fast as Iraq's ecnomy is spooling up...the value should increase moderately. 

***Bottom line...do I think we'll be overnight millionaires...maybe not...did we make a great investment...oh yeah.  While it maybe a while (2-3 years) before they get to that 1.00 mark....it's worth it.  Chapter 7 was the cake coming out of the oven, HCL will be the confetti, WTO will be the icing, rate change will be the cake cutter.  Hang in there...remember this is BUSINESS!  All are in it to make money, but timing is key.  God is good, have faith and believe he is working in YOUR favo!

Iraq is an investment Sgt.  Companies are investing their "time and money" this will in turn enrich Iraq's economy.  There is also stock that you can invest in Iraq (which there was an article referring to Bloomberg).  Also the interest rates you get at Warka are MUCH better than anything you can get in the states.  Right now banks are paying around .75 (5 yr cd) due to the Fed...not wanting consumers to save money (spend for velocity).  So yeah...it is AN INVESTMENT depending on how you play your cards.  Some do all 3....currency, stock, warka.

• Upvote 16

***///

The IQD we hold awaiting currency exchange is

a speculation that it will be worth more when we do.

If you INVEST in companies INVESTING in Iraq, that's an INVESTMENT.

***///

wow... y'know what...? 

We really don't give a hang what ya'll wanna call it anymore.

Suit yerselves......

but if it's an INVESTMENT to you - and you make a bundle,

be sure to report it to the IRS as such.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 8

Amos,

Thanks for your input!  I agree with you. If/when it RVs it won't be at $2.50 or $3.41 as some Guru's think. I think it will be less the $1.00 and then over time it will get to $1.00 or much more.

But before it RVs I thinks there is alot to be done and therefore I think we are a couple of months away.

• Upvote 2

Will we be able to use Citibank for Iraqi savings accounts, i. e. directly depositing our dinars in a US Citibank branch to an Iraqi Citibank account?

Thanks.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/153141-real-bankers-point-of-view/#ixzz2XttJvpoj

***Since Citibank is a national bank I'd say yes.  There hasn't been an "american" bank in Iraq yet so this will be quite interesting.  To me this was almost as good as the Ch7 news...if banks are coming in to lend money it either means....A. they expect the citizens to eventually have the ability to pay back loans (very good news, RV :) )......and also B (they expect more companies to start up, come in from America needing lending...also good news...enriching the economy of Iraq which leads to stronger currency)....both work in our favor...

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Here is what the world economy plays into Iraq....

-Nations will come into Iraq (WE are there, China is there, Russia coming (see airport)) increase economic stronghold

-Companies will come...look at Citibank!!! They spend a trillion to come in.  Guys let me tell you...a bank doesn't come in unless they expect to make money.  They don't make money unless they lend...who would they be lending to right now? Exactly!!! They are EXPECTING Iraq to become a power house.

-The world needs Iraq's economy to become stronger, this could be used to swap out a reserve currency used as IQD.  The facts are the USD is not what it use to be (and will decline sharply), and the Euro is failing...who's next?  China?  No, they cheat and will never increase their rate...they'd lose business.\

-Iraq has nowhere to go but up...while I do believe they have 33 trillion in dinar...I don't believe that it is all "working currency".  I believe they will "have it listed" until they go international (WTO) tradeable...then they will cut their losses.  Do I think it's a smokescreen...no not necessarily...I think right now they are "needing it there because they have no choice"...which is one reason they are using US dollars.  While they are in transition they have to hold onto the currency.  I don't even think they know how much they will need (waiting on float for dinar).

-I do feel they will allow it to free float...works in our favor anyways.  As fast as Iraq's ecnomy is spooling up...the value should increase moderately. 

***Bottom line...do I think we'll be overnight millionaires...maybe not...did we make a great investment...oh yeah.  While it maybe a while (2-3 years) before they get to that 1.00 mark....it's worth it.  Chapter 7 was the cake coming out of the oven, HCL will be the confetti, WTO will be the icing, rate change will be the cake cutter.  Hang in there...remember this is BUSINESS!  All are in it to make money, but timing is key.  God is good, have faith and believe he is working in YOUR favo!

Iraq is an investment Sgt.  Companies are investing their "time and money" this will in turn enrich Iraq's economy.  There is also stock that you can invest in Iraq (which there was an article referring to Bloomberg).  Also the interest rates you get at Warka are MUCH better than anything you can get in the states.  Right now banks are paying around .75 (5 yr cd) due to the Fed...not wanting consumers to save money (spend for velocity).  So yeah...it is AN INVESTMENT depending on how you play your cards.  Some do all 3....currency, stock, warka.

I was using Citibank just last night as an example of why I think that the rv will actually take place. I can't see any bank getting involved unless they're going to make money. I'm glad to hear a banker who works in the business confirm what I was thinking.

As for being overnight millionaires, if it rv'd at some ridiculous amount and I was suddenly a millionaire, I wouldn't feel that I was an overnight millionaire. I've been waiting patiently!

• Upvote 8

***///

We reiterate: 

if you sign ANY document at the bank when you go to exchange your IQD which

states that YOU acknowledge it as an INVESTMENT rather than a simple currency exchange,

you will be hammered by the IRS.

Look, we liked the guy's article.  Thanked him for it....

But didn't want any of you getting hooked into signing the document the IRS & the Bank would LOVE you

to sign stating it was an investment on your part !

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

Banks do not "report if you are sending in for investment/etc".  Banks report interest earned on interest bearing accounts, interest expense on loans outstanding, and also (CTR's) which can be researched on the internet.  You can technically trade in dinars with your bank (for a fee...ours is 15.00) and once the bank gets the funds from the other country...it will then be direct deposited to your account.  The bank does not report on this.  It's up to you and your CPA to get your taxes done correctly.  The bank takes no responsibility in what you do with the money you've received unless it's earning interest which therefore the interest will be reported.  If you don't report to the IRS that you had capital gains that year...then you are playing risky games.  The IRS can audit you at anytime and will submit a submit a subpoena to the bank in which the bank then has to release your information (statements etc) once a judge signs.  We all know they are all listening in on us...so do the right thing...get a CPA and go over your information...pay the taxes!  Even if they don't deserve 1c at least you are free from them fining you! 

• Upvote 7

As for being overnight millionaires, if it rv'd at some ridiculous amount and I was suddenly a millionaire, I wouldn't feel that I was an overnight millionaire. I've been waiting patiently!

End Quote

I know.... Tell me about it (9 years)......

• Upvote 2

Banks do not "report if you are sending in for investment/etc".  Banks report interest earned on interest bearing accounts, interest expense on loans outstanding, and also (CTR's) which can be researched on the internet.  You can technically trade in dinars with your bank (for a fee...ours is 15.00) and once the bank gets the funds from the other country...it will then be direct deposited to your account.  The bank does not report on this.  It's up to you and your CPA to get your taxes done correctly.  The bank takes no responsibility in what you do with the money you've received unless it's earning interest which therefore the interest will be reported.  If you don't report to the IRS that you had capital gains that year...then you are playing risky games.  The IRS can audit you at anytime and will submit a submit a subpoena to the bank in which the bank then has to release your information (statements etc) once a judge signs.  We all know they are all listening in on us...so do the right thing...get a CPA and go over your information...pay the taxes!  Even if they don't deserve 1c at least you are free from them fining you! 

Amos- Thanks so much for your time!

Question - this is a simple currency exchange.  I have made others, such as dollars to Euros. Why would I have to pay taxes on an IQD exchange to dollars?

End Quote

I know.... Tell me about it (9 years)......

Yup 8 years for me!

From what a CPA told myself (I'm not a CPA, bankers and accountants work hand in hand...but I don't know their side of the tax field).  Any gain over 200.00 is suppose to be reported to the IRS.  Even though it's just a currency exchange (basically), you still made a gain for that particular year.  There are also long term gains (which might qualify) and others but I'm not a tax attorney or a CPA.  When Iraq's currency eventually drops off the peg and revalues, I'd talk to a tax accountant before doing ANYTHING with the money.  Also even though the investment might be over for you from Iraq's standpoint...don't forget to invest in other things such as Gold, Silver, other currencies.  I believe your "tax bracket" will also play a part. 

• Upvote 2

Amos- Thanks so much for your time!

Question - this is a simple currency exchange.  I have made others, such as dollars to Euros. Why would I have to pay taxes on an IQD exchange to dollars?

IMO, I think you pay on your capital gains only. just saying!