Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Edward Snowden Blasts Obama in Newly Released Statement

Edward Snowden Blasts Obama in Newly Released Statement

Getty-Images-NSA-Edward-Snowden-17024817

Edward Snowden’s Full Statement:

“One week ago I left Hong Kong after it became clear that my freedom and safety were under threat for revealing the truth. My continued liberty has been owed to the efforts of friends new and old, family, and others who I have never met and probably never will. I trusted them with my life and they returned that trust with a faith in me for which I will always be thankful.

“On Thursday, President Obama declared before the world that he would not permit any diplomatic “wheeling and dealing” over my case. Yet now it is being reported that after promising not to do so, the President ordered his Vice President to pressure the leaders of nations from which I have requested protection to deny my asylum petitions.

“This kind of deception from a world leader is not justice, and neither is the extralegal penalty of exile. These are the old, bad tools of political aggression. Their purpose is to frighten, not me, but those who would come after me.

“For decades the United States of America has been one of the strongest defenders of the human right to seek asylum. Sadly, this right, laid out and voted for by the U.S. in Article 14 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, is now being rejected by the current government of my country. The Obama administration has now adopted the strategy of using citizenship as a weapon. Although I am convicted of nothing, it has unilaterally revoked my passport, leaving me a stateless person. Without any judicial order, the administration now seeks to stop me exercising a basic right. A right that belongs to everybody. The right to seek asylum.

“In the end the Obama administration is not afraid of whistle blowers like me, Bradley Manning or Thomas Drake. We are stateless, imprisoned, or powerless. No, the Obama administration is afraid of you. It is afraid of an informed, angry public demanding the constitutional government it was promised — and it should be.

“I am unbowed in my convictions and impressed at the efforts taken by so many.”

Edward Joseph Snowden

Edited by yota691

Shabs I usually always appreciate your posts and wit, but I respectabily disagree. I don't think this man is a coward for retreating to a safe distance. Would you have had him stay in the USA and had any and all rights and liberties afforded him in the Constitution revoked by this cowardice administration?? And I don't even think you would argue that is what would happen.

• Upvote 6

Shabs I usually always appreciate your posts and wit, but I respectabily disagree. I don't think this man is a coward for retreating to a safe distance. Would you have had him stay in the USA and had any and all rights and liberties afforded him in the Constitution revoked by this cowardice administration?? And I don't even think you would argue that is what would happen.

I understand your point of view and I can certainly appreciate it BIGSKY.  I think now that the whole world knows what's going on......this would be a perfect time for him to return to the states and stand tall.  He is no longer a "no name".  Oh, how the people would stand behind him should he do this.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 2

I understand your point of view and I can certainly appreciate it BIGSKY.  I think now that the whole world knows what's going on......this would be a perfect time for him to return to the states and stand tall.  He is no longer a "no name".  Oh, how the people would stand behind him should he do this.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV 

Totally agree on principle.

However, that's a tall order to fill as his passport has been stripped.

He's stuck where he is until someone miraculously smuggles him back in

or he's extradicted back to the US

• Upvote 2

Totally agree on principle.

However, that's a tall order to fill as his passport has been stripped.

He's stuck where he is until someone miraculously smuggles him back in

or he's extradicted back to the US

I forgot about the passport issue........Seems silly that an American citizen would need a passport to get into his own country.....Talk about unconstitutional.   :huh: 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

I think the people of this USA would turn our backs on him

We need to stay in our comfort zone at all cost and we are not about to bring the attention of the authorities to bear on us.

Most of us just want it to be over so we can go back to sleep and not think about our Government breaking the law

Has anyone stood up for this man if there was anything left in us we would look like Egypt right now

We would be prosectuting Washington DC and demanding that Snowden be left alone.

TO THINE OWNSELF BE TRUE

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

• Upvote 1

I forgot about the passport issue........Seems silly that an American citizen would need a passport to get into his own country.....Talk about unconstitutional.   :huh: 

GO RV, then BV

No doubt.. But with this administration, are you surprised? I'm not. Obummer and minions have got to be defeated at all cost!

he can always come through Mexico!     NO PROBLEM    He doesn't need a passport

Haha good one!!! So true..

• Upvote 1

Cowards leave the country.......Heroes stand firm.  As always, just my opinion.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

So Shabs is it your contention that Snowden needs to come back and fight them in the courts?

Where do you think all this would take place?

Seeing as how this is a national security issue and they do not want anyone to know about all their illegal activities against our country and by the looks of it the rest of the world too.

So where do you think they would hold court huh?

Oh ya how about FISA court you know which I’m talking about don’t you?

Just in case you haven’t been listening let me refresh your memory.

It is the illegal secret court that they created in secret so they can justify their illegal activities by saying we went through the courts. Do you really believe Snowden would receive anything resembling justice?

The way I see it your requirements to qualify for hero are kind of stiff there fella.

So now we have a person that turned in the criminals for all their illegal activities.

Must I remind you that these illegal activities are being perpetrated against you, me and the rest of America? And to show you that he is honorable he is supposed to turn himself

over to these same criminals and expect justice?

I can sure understand why we never have to worry about Shabs trying to be heroic

We just had Paul Revere ride through and tell us the British are coming and now a good chunk of people want to turn him over to the British for execution.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

So Shabs is it your contention that Snowden needs to come back and fight them in the courts?

Where do you think all this would take place?

Seeing as how this is a national security issue and they do not want anyone to know about all their illegal activities against our country and by the looks of it the rest of the world too.

So where do you think they would hold court huh?

Oh ya how about FISA court you know which I’m talking about don’t you?

Just in case you haven’t been listening let me refresh your memory.

It is the illegal secret court that they created in secret so they can justify their illegal activities by saying we went through the courts. Do you really believe Snowden would receive anything resembling justice?

The way I see it your requirements to qualify for hero are kind of stiff there fella.

So now we have a person that turned in the criminals for all their illegal activities.

Must I remind you that these illegal activities are being perpetrated against you, me and the rest of America? And to show you that he is honorable he is supposed to turn himself

over to these same criminals and expect justice?

I can sure understand why we never have to worry about Shabs trying to be heroic

We just had Paul Revere ride through and tell us the British are coming and now a good chunk of people want to turn him over to the British for execution.

Awesome post. I fully agree.

I forgot about the passport issue........Seems silly that an American citizen would need a passport to get into his own country.....Talk about unconstitutional. :huh:

GO RV, then BV

Just so you know...constitutional law is one thing...but the passports...or port passes are issued and regulated by Maritime Law...and that jurisdiction does not recognize your constitution nor does it operate under its auspices. Maritime Law operates wherever your flag has those gold borders around it...so that includes Congress, courts of Law, the White House, the Postal Service...they all operate under Maritime Law, NOT law of the land, nor its constitution.

And guess who brought you Maritime Law??? Yup...the very same British King you guys tried to separate from in your civil war.

You think you won that war, but things were set up in a way that good old King Edward and his descendants still rule you.

Look at all the Maritime language used in official settings: your worSHIP, your BIRTH (Berth) certificate...pass PORT, citizenSHIP......you are seen by them as a registered vessel, and now take a good look around at all the places your USA flag is displayed.

Does it have the GOLD frill around it? What about on the sleeves of US Marines? Does that flag on your uniform have a gold border? That means you operate under maritime/martial law and are answerable to those who are in charge of operating under the auspices of maritime law.

Edited by elmstreet61
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1