Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Todays Oklahoma Bank Story!

deant69

My bank story . . .

#1 I drove by a few yesterday - they all seemed to have some of the nicest building in town. Hmmm, why is that?

#2 I stopped by several Wells Gofar branches and asked about IQD, got sympathetic smiles and pats on the head.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This will make a FANTASTIC birthday for me!!!

Happy Bday in advance (if it is in advance!). Cheers to ALL OF US!! But special cheers to you

Is it wrong I touch myself to this post?? hahahahahha! Stoked overseas! I gotta find a bank story. I feel so left out! Seriously, one of my ME contacts who happens to work in the banking sector is here now on vacation. I am waiting their intel to pass on to you all. Go RV!!!

• Upvote 2

Ok so it has been a long day with the Church and the kids getting ready for VBS.  I appreciate everyone for their support of my military service.  Please keep those still in harms way and those that have lost loved ones in your thoughts and prayers.  I never thought about what the response to my post would be.  I was just so excited to share with you all after a few years of watching this site.  For those that are skeptical....I completely understand and respect your concerns.  Maybe I have dinar colored glasses as well, but I am really ready to see us all end up on the positive end of this journey.  We have lost many along this roller coaster of a journey and I would love to see a positive outcome for their families.  I know that we cannot please everyone on this site but I appreciate each and everyone of you for allowing me to share my story. 

God bless us all and Go RV!

• Upvote 7

Yeah, I'm not buying into this.

1.) Sounds like every other "bank" story.

2.) The bank employees would be buying dinar like crazy if this were true.

3.) Poster hasn't come back with any more info.

4.) This can't be the only bank where this is happening. Surely someone else would leak this info.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I have only vaguely been following the dinar ups & downs via a family member.  Because my husband is active duty, and we have been stationed at Ft Sill in the past, he asked what my thoughts were on this posting.  First - no one should deny that what this soldier (dean) experienced - or think that it didn't happen.  Clearly, he was only sharing his experience with others in case it sheds any light on things for everyone else in the IQD boat. 

Ok - so I picked up the phone and called FSNB this morning.  They said they "will not exchange, or do they plan to exchange foreign currency or, especially, Iraqi currency..." that they "don't do that".

Any one of you vets here could pick up the phone and call FSNB - and perhaps have a more in depth conversation with the supervisor there, in case they were not understanding my question.  But this was the information I received about 30 minutes ago.

Hopefully you will all have good news sometime in the future.  But until then - call your banks, or go in personally and talk to the supervisor/manager -- and get your information from the horse's mouth, so to say.   Perhaps they'll be patronizing... who cares?  Their job is to serve their customers -- and if you're one of them, don't be shy - ask your questions.  If your ships come in -- I'm sure your banker will be all too happy to do whatever they can to accommodate you.  I won't be posting here again, as I have no invested interest in the IQD... but I wish you guys luck.

**For those of you wondering about the banks on Ft Sill -- there is the "main" FSNB building.. like any other normal bank building.. and then there is a customer service desk for the bank inside the PX (for convenience).  There is one other bank on post - and that's the federal credit union.

• Upvote 1

I wish there was a way to go back and "edit" posts...   I left out a few words of a sentence in my earlier post -- my apologies!  It should say :  "First - no one should deny that what this soldier (dean) experienced wasn't true - or think that it didn't happen."  

On Another note:  while doing some digging today so that I would better understand the IQD predicament - and not sound completely clueless while on the phone with FSNB, I did come across this recent article ( 26 June 2013) regarding the Iraqi Dinar.  I can't even begin to say I understand most of what this is about (sorry) - but because this is a newer article, I thought I would share in case it's of value to anyone.  

http://www.wealthdaily.com/articles/the-future-of-the-iraqi-dinar/4424

• Downvote 1

I have only vaguely been following the dinar ups & downs via a family member.  Because my husband is active duty, and we have been stationed at Ft Sill in the past, he asked what my thoughts were on this posting.  First - no one should deny that what this soldier (dean) experienced - or think that it didn't happen.  Clearly, he was only sharing his experience with others in case it sheds any light on things for everyone else in the IQD boat. 

Ok - so I picked up the phone and called FSNB this morning.  They said they "will not exchange, or do they plan to exchange foreign currency or, especially, Iraqi currency..." that they "don't do that".

Any one of you vets here could pick up the phone and call FSNB - and perhaps have a more in depth conversation with the supervisor there, in case they were not understanding my question.  But this was the information I received about 30 minutes ago.

Hopefully you will all have good news sometime in the future.  But until then - call your banks, or go in personally and talk to the supervisor/manager -- and get your information from the horse's mouth, so to say.   Perhaps they'll be patronizing... who cares?  Their job is to serve their customers -- and if you're one of them, don't be shy - ask your questions.  If your ships come in -- I'm sure your banker will be all too happy to do whatever they can to accommodate you.  I won't be posting here again, as I have no invested interest in the IQD... but I wish you guys luck.

**For those of you wondering about the banks on Ft Sill -- there is the "main" FSNB building.. like any other normal bank building.. and then there is a customer service desk for the bank inside the PX (for convenience).  There is one other bank on post - and that's the federal credit union.

Now this is my idea of "Boots on the ground"!

Thanks for checking, but I disagree with your thought that we can't question him. As I pointed above, if this his story were true, more than likely we'd have other leakers. He also hasn't been back to reconfirm his findings, and your own call to the bank makes his story suspicious.

Simply because someone is a vet doesn't make them honest nor honorable. Simply because someone calls themselves a vet on the internet doesn't make it so.

Trust, but verify.

• Upvote 1

Your right... He hasnt been backto verify. If his story is true about the bank screen saying pending next to the 1-1. How long could it sit there saying pending?

Actually he did come back (post #82), he didn't 'verify' but what do expect him to do? Now that he put the actual branch and name out there FSNB has probably been bombarded with calls and is now generically stating like all other banks that they do not, nor do they intend to deal in the IQD...... BTW, thanks Dean for posting!!
  • Upvote 2

Wow...I always knew this was a tough crowd.  First.  I have long since gotten over spending everyday on this site in hopes that it would make the RV happen any faster.  Actually I decided I would go and continue to live my life while I was waiting for the RV to happen.  Hooah_wife:  I appreciate you trying to look into my story.  I have to admit I was a little vague because I do enjoy the relationship I have with those at the Bank at Ft. Sill.  I am sure that the last thing they want is a bunch of people from around the globe harassing them about this.  I will say that if you are truly wanting to verify this information for the masses.  Drive over and go inside and talk to them.  They are really friendly.  When you call you end up getting put through to the operator at a banking facility off post and talking to someone who probably has no clue what you are talking about. 

It was as late as yesterday when depositing my check in the bank that they were asking me if I had heard anything else about an RV.  I truly wish that I had all of the answers that would make you all happy.  The honest truth as I see it is that some of you will never be happy unless you are bashing and belittling people.  I am not hurt....God know I did my share of fighting so that you can have the right to do that without anyone chastising you for having your opinion.  I will say this:  I only wanted to share a very exciting event in my life and I did.  If you choose to not believe then that is your right.  Go and have a great 4th of July and please take a moment to think about those who paid the ultimate sacrifice so that you can say whatever you choose to whomever you wish.

God Bless us all!  Go RV!

Thanks for all of those that have thanked me for my service.  As a soldier you have no idea how proud that makes you feel when people come up to you and tell you how much they appreciate what you do. 

• Upvote 9

Wow...I always knew this was a tough crowd.  First.  I have long since gotten over spending everyday on this site in hopes that it would make the RV happen any faster.  Actually I decided I would go and continue to live my life while I was waiting for the RV to happen.  Hooah_wife:  I appreciate you trying to look into my story.  I have to admit I was a little vague because I do enjoy the relationship I have with those at the Bank at Ft. Sill.  I am sure that the last thing they want is a bunch of people from around the globe harassing them about this.  I will say that if you are truly wanting to verify this information for the masses.  Drive over and go inside and talk to them.  They are really friendly.  When you call you end up getting put through to the operator at a banking facility off post and talking to someone who probably has no clue what you are talking about. 

It was as late as yesterday when depositing my check in the bank that they were asking me if I had heard anything else about an RV.  I truly wish that I had all of the answers that would make you all happy.  The honest truth as I see it is that some of you will never be happy unless you are bashing and belittling people.  I am not hurt....God know I did my share of fighting so that you can have the right to do that without anyone chastising you for having your opinion.  I will say this:  I only wanted to share a very exciting event in my life and I did.  If you choose to not believe then that is your right.  Go and have a great 4th of July and please take a moment to think about those who paid the ultimate sacrifice so that you can say whatever you choose to whomever you wish.

God Bless us all!  Go RV!

Thanks for all of those that have thanked me for my service.  As a soldier you have no idea how proud that makes you feel when people come up to you and tell you how much they appreciate what you do. 

Actualy, deant69 -- we used to belong to FSNB when we were stationed there (my husband is FA).  I DID talk to someone INSIDE THE BANK... as well, she spoke to the bank manager or supervisor, and I was on hold for well over 5 minutes as she asked that person my questions.

I was not sent to an outside source, so you are incorrect in your assumption.

I was not trying to belittle, degrade, or doubt your story.  I was simply illustrating that if all these people here at this forum have any doubts or curiosity - it takes all of 2 minutes to find the phone number, and call the bank in question, and ask them.  And like I said - who cares if they're patronizing?  Just be polite, be clear with your questions, and don't feel inhibited or foolish.

They were absolutely clear - not only are they not in the business of exchanging other-than-ordinary currency, but they said they will not - nor will ever - exchange or assist with exchanging Iraqi currency.

I understand that you enjoy a good relationship with the banking staff -- but you made it everyone's business by posting your experience here... so by that alone, I'd have to assume that what you said transpired - happened.  I'm not doubting you.

Lastly - when we were stationed at Sill - we had just gotten there from Germany, and as I recall, we had some difficulty exchanging our remaining DM's  (before the Euro), and so we sent them to friends who were in Germany and told them to go have schnitzel on us.  :)  I wasn't surprised that the bank said they do not/will not exchange currency.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

One final thought -- as - like I said - I'm not an investor and really don't have any interest...  However...  I have a family member who is... and this person is a hardworking, self-made man, intelligent, resourceful - and made a choice to purchase some dinar.

What he did is NO different then when I go out and buy lottery tickets...  or go play a few slot machines for fun.  I have yet to win at either (ha) - but the risk is so small, that it makes it worth a shot.   For all of you who have purchased/invested in the dinar -- good for you!!!  So you took a little risk...  and little it was....  in the hope that like all of us lottery ticket buyers, your ship might come in.

If this was so odd or extraordinary (or "stupid") - then there wouldn't be Wall Street.  There wouldn't be commodity exchanges.  There wouldn't be capitalism.  

Life is about taking a few risks now and then - and enjoying the thrill.  :)

deant69 -- I don't doubt your experience at all.  But every single member of this group has a choice to do the very same thing you did - except that they're too afraid to go to a bank, or a financial advisor, or an investor -- and just ask.  The don't want to look foolish.   At least you put yourself out there... and gave it a shot.

Instead - people come to forums like this and speculate, bicker, and dream.  I say - go to the source and save time.  LOL

Banks exist because we trust them with our hard earned money - which THEY invest - and take risks with - in order for THEM to make money....  there is hardly any reason to be shy about asking about your investment with those who have access to good information.

Again - best wishes to all.  I really do hope that one day your ships come in!  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1