Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I SEE THIS GOING DOWN - NOT NEGATIVE, JUST LOGIC

DinarsReady

Iraq will definitely revalue, but it's not the miracle overnight millionaire revalue.  I think they will issue a brand new Dinar and it will be exchanged for the old ones. (the ones we are holding)  1000 dinar will buy you 1 new dinar.  It makes far more sense. We also know that the Iraqi people use US dollars IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY and consider the "Chapter 7" notes worthless.

If there is a small profit somewhere, it will be if ICB / IMF throws a bone to all those holding Chapter 7 fiat.  Maybe you will be lucky and they make the exchange closer to 1000 old dinars for 2 new dinars.  Thats how it will go down.

I don't see any way Banks will give out BILLIONS of US dollars for the "OLD" dinars we are holding.  The revalue will happen but it will not be just a gift to all holding Chapter 7 Dinar.  There will be a new currency issued that reflects the sovereignty of a nation and it's internationally traded note. I say this because it is a fact that the Chapter 7 Dinars are not internationally traded or recognized.  They are hoarded by speculators.

If we presume that what I've suggested is what will transpire, there remains the massive issue of getting all of the chapter 7 dinars exchanged into the new dinars that are outside of IRAQ, which some say is like 80% of the IRAQ paper currency (assuming its even worth it to exchange).    

It will be next to impossible for all the people outside of IRAQ to exchange their old dinar into the RV Dinar because US banks will probably have ZERO of the RV Dinar. After getting the  next-to-impossible-to-get  RV Dinars, we then have to exchange them into US.

Maybe try to find an Iraqi bank here in the US and ask them about that scenario.  Will they have an RV Dinar currency ready to exchange here for the old Chapter 7 stuff?  But forget Wells or BofA  they won't have any.

And this is all based on the assumption that the RV Dinar is worth significantly more than the Chapter 7 Dinar and not a 1000 to 1 change.  This just puts everyone back at square one, where they should have just kept their US dollar in their wallet.  Or maybe worse with all of the exchange fees attached, this exchange may actually cost some money just to get it all back into US.

This leaves the question, what is this stuff worth now - if anything?

_________

I put some thought into this, and though I was given my Dinar as a gift, I still have interest in it being a great surprise.  I don't want to bring everyone down.  Honesly, I like it when everyone wins!  That's my nature. 

So I welcome anyone to counter this Logic with some facts that explain why this could not possibly be how this RV will work.

I honestly think this is how it will go down. Listen to your gut.

Good luck to you all.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 17

As with all those who or spouting a LOP, the opinion you predict is pure speculation and will not help the GOI, the people, or the investor.  It has very little merit and only states what the LOPster factory has been spouting for a long, long, long time.  Nothing new to consider.  

By the way, it is negative.

• Upvote 5

NOT LOOKING FOR ONE SENTENCE POSTS.  IM TRULY LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN INTELLECTUALLY CONTEST WHAT I HAVE SURMISED.  CONVINCE ME THAT THIS IS NOT A POSSIBILITY. 

IM NOT LOOKING FOR OSTRICH REPLIES. AND NOT LOOKING TO ARGUE SENSELESSLY.  THIS IS A FORUM FOR DISCUSSION.  ACT ACCORDINGLY PLEASE

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

NOT LOOKING FOR ONE SENTENCE POSTS.  IM TRULY LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN INTELLECTUALLY CONTEST WHAT I HAVE SURMISED.  CONVINCE ME THAT THIS IS NOT A POSSIBILITY. 

IM NOT LOOKING FOR OSTRICH REPLIES. AND NOT LOOKING TO ARGUE SENSELESSLY.  THIS IS A FORUM FOR DISCUSSION.  ACT ACCORDINGLY PLEASE

Anyone who bashes you because of your thoughts regarding this, just doesn't get it. What you have presented is certainly possible. Anyone who challenges the 1000 to 1 myth gets bashed on this site. It's always been that way. But, you have a right to be here, and to be heard; I've owned dinar for over 10 years and I've seen it all, and I've been on both sides of the discussion from time to time. But the truth is this; those who have consistently said that the dinar is not going to RV at this rate or at this time, have always been right. That's a fact. For those of us in business, we know that it is always smart to be on the side of those who are right. That doesn't mean that we don't believe in this investment. We do. We just don't buy all of the B.S. anymore. Thanks for your post.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

The main reason I can think of is it cost a lot of time and money to make and distribute the fancy hard to counterfit notes and since there

are trillions of dollars to be paid off to be out of chapter 7 it is possible, hopefully likely that the existing notes will be used.  

This is just logistically based speculation with high hopes that simplicity rules.  

I understand that you would like to see an argument that refutes your idea here. I'm no economist or financial expert so I would be giving you speculation just the same. What your communicating here is a redenomination where speculators worldwide lose billions. While your perspective is interesting & apparently very controversial I dont see it panning out this way. Most of us members have been holding dinars & researching for many years,we have an intuition if you will about the endgame. Since your confidence in this investment is shaken,perhaps you would like to give away your gifted dinar to appease the members you've upset this afternoon

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I understand that you would like to see an argument that refutes your idea here. I'm no economist or financial expert so I would be giving you speculation just the same. What your communicating here is a redenomination where speculators worldwide lose billions. While your perspective is interesting & apparently very controversial I dont see it panning out this way. Most of us members have been holding dinars & researching for many years,we have an intuition if you will about the endgame. Since your confidence in this investment is shaken,perhaps you would like to give away your gifted dinar to appease the members you've upset this afternoon

I'm not an ecomist either but a re-denomination is a neutral event and no one loses "billions"/

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

As with all those who or spouting a LOP, the opinion you predict is pure speculation and will not help the GOI, the people, or the investor.  It has very little merit and only states what the LOPster factory has been spouting for a long, long, long time.  Nothing new to consider.  

By the way, it is negative.

yeah but the people who say that its a very high possibility iraq can RD they have some proof . buy tons of articles stating they will make an all new iraqi currency. not just add smaller denoms to the currenct iqd. they have even said it in many articles.  RD = deleting 3 zeros .  FACT .  you say an RD would not benefit iraqi people , investors , and goi. it does not have to that tell me you know nothing about currency Redenominations i suggest you read on why 50 other countries have Redenominated there currency over the last 100 years . if it so bad you claim.  by the way saying iraq could RD is not negative its real life. oh yeah just to let you know i do hold a 25 k dinar note so you cant say i dont own dinar :)

Edited by boomer113189
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

here we go again, lop no lop, rd rv. no one can say for sure what it will be.  we have seen lop articles and now that chapter 7 is gone. we are seeing articles that the value of the iqd is going up.  so whos to say. i think it will rv at a little over a dollar for various reasons. but i will wait as usual for the fat lady to sing and i will know if i guessed right. because i and everyone else don't know the outcome. its as simple as that. i'm sorry but people tend to make things harder than they are.  this is solely my opinion.

old timer

• Upvote 3

I didn't intend to shake this forum up, and I think it's pretty inappropriate to bash or be rude.

I was presenting an opinion (the forum topic).  There are a few comments that I think make some sense here and I hope it does turn out the way they want. There are also responses that come from people that want me to "Leave you all alone"(LOL.....?), you probably should buy more scratch-offs to ease the pain. Remember Im just giving an opinion so take it easy....breezey.

If you are "upset" with what I tried to present as an OPINION, then you are of the "Scratch-Off" ilk, and you should not have so much riding on this. That's a FACT.

And what is also a fact is that nothing comes for free, or easy.  Those situations are defined as LUCK, just like that scratch-off you just bought.

Thanks for the nice responses from a more civilized few.  I do wish you all great fortune.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

I can understand your method of thinking, but ask yourself this, why would anyone bother exchanging or cashing in the old 000 bills for new ones if there was no profit. The only possibility would be a time limit to exchange/cashin the old bills or the they are nullified (I doubt they would do this). I suppose the big question is this: Does Iraq value the 2003 notes and do they want them back in order to eliminate the debt and strengthen their economy. I think they do, and I'm sure they know that people will not turn the notes in without making a profit.