Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Wells Fargo

travelingtlc

Good Bad or indifferent I am a Wells customer and from what I've heard and read on their site they do cash in forgien currency however in their drop down for checking rates the Dinar is not listed...is this due to it's current "state" or does this mean they wont cash it in? I know its a bit late in the game but I bought with long term in mind and oh boy did 10 years fly by. Now that the news is so hopeful, kudos to this site as I have friends who've been sent into a frenzy many times for no reason, this is the first time that Adam and this site has said "HEADS UP" so my head is indeed up and I'm still overseas so want to make sure I know where to send my other certificate holder to cash in when that fabulous news comes in.

A VIP and others,  :bravo:   member since....ummm well way back!! :D

Terri

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Welcome to the site, Teri!  You are in the right place!

The dinar will not show on ForEx or any bank's site until it becomes an internationally traded currency.  When that will be is the (multi) million $ question...

Hope this helps, and once again, a very big welcome!!  :)

GO RV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3

***///

Yup, MAJA1962, that's what we hear, too.

And identify a major WF branch that has a DeLaRue Machine on site for

your currency exchange transaction.

Also, you may want to have your IQD authenticated before presenting for exchange.

Just for peace of mind and to ensure no monkey business goes on. ;)

• Upvote 3

Good Bad or indifferent I am a Wells customer and from what I've heard and read on their site they do cash in forgien currency however in their drop down for checking rates the Dinar is not listed...is this due to it's current "state" or does this mean they wont cash it in? I know its a bit late in the game but I bought with long term in mind and oh boy did 10 years fly by. Now that the news is so hopeful, kudos to this site as I have friends who've been sent into a frenzy many times for no reason, this is the first time that Adam and this site has said "HEADS UP" so my head is indeed up and I'm still overseas so want to make sure I know where to send my other certificate holder to cash in when that fabulous news comes in.

A VIP and others,  :bravo:   member since....ummm well way back!! :D

Terri

LOL I voted down my own post...Im pretty cluelss.

Thank you both for the quick reply and for the helpful hints...I did authenticate but dont have any sort of proof is there a place I can do that? excellent tip on the machine, I will research that now, all I looked for was the International Currency sites on the web site, doesnt that mean they have one?

Glad to hear it's not showing for the reasons I suspected. Im hopeful this most recent news is a sign that things will happen soon but Im grateful to have a job and plan to keep it so it would be pretty handy for me if it hits during my Sept leave but hey now is good too!

Thanks again and best wishes to you all. :D

Also...could I do this at any bank with the DeLaRue Machine or should I stick with using my bank?

• Upvote 2

You should be ok with any bank that has the machine !

May be time for a reality check!

A DeLaru Machine set up to validate Iraqi dinar probably cost $10-15K each , I doubt that ANY US commercial bank has ONE.

No retail branch could justify ONE.

All the stories about a year ago about the banks equipping and training for a big "cash-in" we learned was Gooru Poo.

BE prepared to accept that if US banks begin to exchange dinar , they will count and give you a reciept. Thats all.

The bundle will be forwarded to that banks processing facility for expert verification. If all goes well within 3-5 days you will get notice that the reciept becomes a deposit slip. This is like a check written on out of country bank.

If ANY note proves unacceptable the entire bundle will be returned to you. They will not alter the deposit for you...

If you want immediate conversion ,only choice is a currency exchange , but I am sure they will have limits.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jayadkisson/2012/07/30/you-cant-fix-stupid-the-iraqi-dinar-scam-lives/

Yikes...who is this guy and tell me why he is wrong. I have 3million so Im hopeful but articles like this.... hmmmm

First, this article is date July 2012.  In his article, Adkisson says four separate times, the dinar will never revalue.  It has revalued a number of times during the last month, though only by a very small amount, but revalued nonetheless.  So never say "never."

Second, the right of US citizens to purchase IQD was granted by an Executive Order under Bush, and recently extended for one year by President Obama (in May 2013).

Third, legitimate IQD dealers sell dinar under the oversight of the US Treasury.

Fourth, IQD is a legitimate foreign currency and can be exchange for US dollars at any time.

The gentleman either needs to do his homework or produce evidence as to why the US Treasury and the POTUS are complicit in this "scam."

No worries, Terri!

• Upvote 3

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jayadkisson/2012/07/30/you-cant-fix-stupid-the-iraqi-dinar-scam-lives/

Yikes...who is this guy and tell me why he is wrong. I have 3million so Im hopeful but articles like this.... hmmmm

He is wrong to compare Korea to Iraq in terms of wealth...Iraq is sitting on a goldmine of oil and other natural resources yet to be tapped.  We all have one something that this man doesn't have and that is "HOPE". 

May be time for a reality check!

A DeLaru Machine set up to validate Iraqi dinar probably cost $10-15K each , I doubt that ANY US commercial bank has ONE.

No retail branch could justify ONE.

All the stories about a year ago about the banks equipping and training for a big "cash-in" we learned was Gooru Poo.

BE prepared to accept that if US banks begin to exchange dinar , they will count and give you a reciept. Thats all.

The bundle will be forwarded to that banks processing facility for expert verification. If all goes well within 3-5 days you will get notice that the reciept becomes a deposit slip. This is like a check written on out of country bank.

If ANY note proves unacceptable the entire bundle will be returned to you. They will not alter the deposit for you...

If you want immediate conversion ,only choice is a currency exchange , but I am sure they will have limits.

So for example if it hits 3 for 1 and you have 250, 000 dinar. The bank after it verifies the dinar as legit will put 750,000 in an account?

If it is such a scam as the article states, then the bank where I got my dinars from is in on this ponzi scheme? I thought when you were scammed you can't retrieve your money in any way! This was not a back alley deal or giving payment to a friend or relative for future fortunes in some sort of scam.

I was real skeptical when first learned of the dinar, did research on it, but the thing that made me pull the trigger was the fact I could purchase at a bank and could return it there as well if I wanted to dump it (- xchange fee's). Friends, family or strangers can't convince a bank to go along with their scheme can they???

i have talked to chase bank and they tell me, they do not have a de la rue machine. but they can verify my iqd in the bank as they have a book that has every foreign currency in it.  we shall see when the time comes

old timer

I do not recall where I got this and do not know if it is valid.  I found it interesting.

I did find a ~$5 solar keychain black light LED at Petco that I plan to take with me along with at least a list of serial #s 

and maybe a color photocopy of "collector items" 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Friday, April 26, 2013  List Of Topics for bank appointment --- Currency Exchange

instructions for making your appointments at a bank for conversion of Dinar or Dong,

?"Will you be validating my foreign currency visibly in my presence, or do you send the currency to another location for verification?

Be aware that if your Notes are sent to another location for verification, if several of your Notes do not pass the test, this failure will be reported back to you but the Notes cannot be returned to you because banks aren't allowed to distribute counterfeit money.  It will be your loss.  That's why your notes need to be verified in a situation where you can watch the process yourself.  Upon finding a counterfeit Note, you will need to get the serial number from it, or better get a scan or copy of the Note and then call the vendor that sent you the Note and hope to get a refund.

Your foreign currencies have many methods of preventing counterfeiting - clever things embedded in the paper, ink, and threads.  Strangely, when you turn the Notes in for verification, the only item checked is the black light feature that causes certain places on the Notes to glow visibly.  THAT'S ALL THAT IS CHECKED AT TURN-IN TIME. 

Only one feature is checked even by the costly DeLaRue machines.  They merely count the notes and perform the black-light test, nothing else.  Therefore, some banks and dealers may have a mere $20 black light at the verification desk allowing the banker to look at each Note visually.  THIS IS ACCEPTABLE provided the banker counts them accurately.

Some people buy a $5 black light bulb of their own, enabling them to test their bills themselves before going to a bank.  You can learn which parts of the Notes should light up under black light by going to http://DinarTrade.com  or other trader sites where they show the notes and pointers to the security areas on your Notes.  Or, look in the envelope containing your Notes because some vendors include the security information along with the Notes you purchased.

So for example if it hits 3 for 1 and you have 250, 000 dinar. The bank after it verifies the dinar as legit will put 750,000 in an account?

For what I know.. There are daily limits for foreign exchange at most banks.

I'd say ( depending on which bank) no more than $3-5K a day.

I'd guess it might depend on many factors.

Edited by umbertino

SgtFuryUSCZ wrote "Also, you may want to have your IQD authenticated before presenting for exchange.

Just for peace of mind and to ensure no monkey business goes on.  ;)"

How do I authenticate my Dinar? I purchased them from DinarTrade.com.  Any help would be great!

First, this article is date July 2012.  In his article, Adkisson says four separate times, the dinar will never revalue.  It has revalued a number of times during the last month, though only by a very small amount, but revalued nonetheless.  So never say "never."

Second, the right of US citizens to purchase IQD was granted by an Executive Order under Bush, and recently extended for one year by President Obama (in May 2013).

Third, legitimate IQD dealers sell dinar under the oversight of the US Treasury.

Fourth, IQD is a legitimate foreign currency and can be exchange for US dollars at any time.

The gentleman either needs to do his homework or produce evidence as to why the US Treasury and the POTUS are complicit in this "scam."

No worries, Terri!

Your mis-using the term revalue and I think very few people int he Dinar community actually understand what it means. Currencies are constantly changing in value pretty much 24 hours a day because as one market in one part of the world is closing it's morning in another part of the world. Rates change 24/7 pretty much even though most banks and currency exchanges lock in one rate in the morning and stick to that rate. 

The idea of a revalue is that overnight the currency will pop and they will come up with a dramatically different rate as opposed to a rate gradually increasing over time.

SgtFuryUSCZ wrote "Also, you may want to have your IQD authenticated before presenting for exchange.

Just for peace of mind and to ensure no monkey business goes on.  ;)"

How do I authenticate my Dinar? I purchased them from DinarTrade.com.  Any help would be great!

Do a quick google search there's a ton of articles and eevn some diagrams showing you what security features to check for.

For what I know.. There are daily limits for foreign exchange at most banks.

I'd say ( depending on which bank) no more than $3-5K a day.

I'd guess it might depend on many factors.

Most banks these days have to order in currency if your buying. In terms of selling most banks don't have limits though for certain amounts you'll need to provide additional info such as proof of funds, source of funds, documentation, etc.

He is wrong to compare Korea to Iraq in terms of wealth...Iraq is sitting on a goldmine of oil and other natural resources yet to be tapped.  We all have one something that this man doesn't have and that is "HOPE". 

Everyone talks about this but what resources are you talking about? It's patently false that there is gold under teh streets of baghdad, people have been living there since hte beginning of time and its never been found so don't believe its found now. Does Iraq, have a lot of oil, yes but other countries have much more.

***///

Yup, MAJA1962, that's what we hear, too.

And identify a major WF branch that has a DeLaRue Machine on site for

your currency exchange transaction.

Also, you may want to have your IQD authenticated before presenting for exchange.

Just for peace of mind and to ensure no monkey business goes on. ;)

Wells fargo has a youtube video sayingthey don't deal in the iraqi dinar nor do they plan to. Not to say that couldn't change but I woudln't plan on wells fargo being the place you sell your dinar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4raOvE9DoyU