Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Scalia: *** Marriage Decision 'Jaw-Dropping'

DinarMillionaire

In a blistering rebuke of the Supreme Court decision to overturn the Defense of Marriage Act, Justice Antonin Scalia said the self-governing power of the people has been eroded.

"Today's opinion aggrandizes the power of the court to pronounce the law," Scalia wrote in the dissenting opinion. It will have the predictable consequence of diminishing the "power of our people to govern themselves," wrote Scalia, who was joined in his dissent by Justices Clarence Thomas and Chief Justice John Roberts, while Justice Samuel Alito wrote a separate dissenting opinion.

Scalia described the "assertion of judicial supremacy over the people’s representatives in Congress and the executive" as "jaw-dropping."

"It envisions a Supreme Court standing (or rather enthroned) at the apex of government, empowered to decide all constitutional questions, always and everywhere 'primary' in its role," said Scalia. "This image of the court would have been unrecognizable to those who wrote and ratified our national charter."

Scalia had particular disdain for fellow Justice Anthony Kennedy's ruling in the 5-4 case, saying it opened the door for a federal law allowing same-sex marriages.

Read more: http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/Scalia-dissent-***-marriage/2013/06/26/id/512076?promo_code=F1D5-1&utm_source=westernJournalism&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

Edited by DinarMillionaire
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

well we all know whats next .. to force the christian church to go against its own religion and preform marriages  for homos.

if they dont the homos will sue the church for discrimination ..the goal seems to be to destroy christianity  in the united states ..if your not godly you are ungodly .. if you dont gather ,,you scatter .. if your not for god ..your against god.. the devil  has won another

• Upvote 4

Jesus Himself said as it was in the days of Sodom & Gommorrah so shall it be.....and as the Prophet Isaiah said..."...WOE unto you when you call good evil and evil ..."

WOE America....for you have chosen to defy the Word of the living GOD......pray saints as never before....

• Upvote 13

Jesus Himself said as it was in the days of Sodom & Gommorrah so shall it be.....and as the Prophet Isaiah said..."...WOE unto you when you call good evil and evil ..."

WOE America....for you have chosen to defy the Word of the living GOD......pray saints as never before....

AMEN, AMEN brother.

WM13

• Upvote 2

There has already been talk about not allowing tax exempt status to any church not accepting *** marriage. There is that IRS power tool again.

the dirty little secret that no one will tell you is that churches do NOT require a 501c3 to BE tax exempt...they are constitutionally exempt...when they receive their letter THAT statement is on the very first page...!!! IRS strikes again put fear into pastors in order to get them to file and THEN hold the 501c3 over their heads...again GOD HELP US !!

• Upvote 4

Amen. A complacent church is as sinful as other sins...we are a big part of the problem. Prayer is our responsibility!

Thanks for your post!

• Upvote 2

Luke 17:26 :  "And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.  Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built;  but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all."

We all know what happened in Sodom and Gomorrah and why God destroyed them, but If you read the book of Jasher the same things were happening before the flood. Noah and Methuselah were given 120 years to preach to the people, they did not listen, thought he was crazy building a boat. 

WM13

• Upvote 5

First, thanks DM for bringing this over to us.  With all the hype of the RV, we should not let our guard down on what is going on around us.  Especially if it involves our liberties.  And this subject is against my religious liberties. 

Dontlop, you are absolutely correct, " the goal is to destroy and I'll add one more word "eliminate" Christianity." Evil want's to knock down the wall of Christianity in order to flood the earth with evil, and we see it happening before our eyes.   

EagleEye,  praying unceasingly for all to turn back to Christ.  The strength of this nation is dependent upon the faithfulness to Christ.  We can not be weak, we can not be lukewarm in our faith. Trust in Jesus!!!

Christians we are at battle with evil and we need to stand united, with God at our side.  Let your hearts burn with God's love for you, come out of the lukewarm mode and stand up for your liberties.

Its time to wake up and teach virtue while we can.  God is to be your provider, not the government or some other entity. 

My words are small....please comprehend my message, that without Him (Jesus), you have no future.  

• Upvote 7

What is taking place in our nation lends incredible weight to the prophetic power of scripture. I find it fascinating that this world is racing into what the bible said would happen... totally oblivious, or in full cooperation with evil. We are watching Scripture unfold before our very eyes, and most people can't see it or don't care.

It is extraordinary that the same people who opposed this just a few years ago are now not just embracing it but celebrating it. It appears to have come on us spontaniously, and extremely suddenly. This was unthinkable a few years ago, as it has been through out the entire course of human history.

I've had to ask myself how we got here with such breath taking speed. How did we flip a societal taboo into a virtue? This is I believe the result several things. One is it was a very well planned and executed agenda by the left, and spear headed by Obama. The other, and primary reason is abortion. Because of abortion God has turned humanity over to its own depravity which it is embracing with wild abandonment. Because of that reality is distorted. Through the lenz of depravity evil is good, sin is virtue, virtue is evil, and God is the bad guy for saying no to homosexual behavior. What the supreme court, and the jubilant people who support this just did was say... God... We are the arbiters of good, and evil... right, and wrong... not you.

They have just thrown the doors wide open to the antichrist, and their own destruction. We know how this story ends, and we are watching it happen.

Edited by cranster
  • Upvote 4

Incredible insight - and so completely agree as in the days of Noah - and as quoted:

Luke 17:26 :  "And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.  Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built;  but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all."

God sez good will be called evil and evil called good and it is happening - how sad for this wonderful country and its real believers.

• Upvote 1

God sez good will be called evil and evil called good and it is happening - how sad for this wonderful country and its real believers.

Isaiah 5:18-25

Woe to those who draw iniquity with cords of vanity, And sin as if with a cart rope;  That say, "Let Him make speed and hasten His work, That we may see it; And let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw near and come, That we may know it."  Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!  Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, And prudent in their own sight!  Woe to men mighty at drinking wine, Woe to men valiant for mixing intoxicating drink,  Who justify the wicked for a bribe, And take away justice from the righteous man!  Therefore, as the fire devours the stubble, And the flame consumes the chaff, So their root will be as rottenness, And their blossom will ascend like dust; Because they have rejected the law of the Lord of hosts, And despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.

WM13

• Upvote 1

Leviticus 18:22 - "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination." 18:24-25  - 'Do not defile yourselves with any of these things; for by all these the nations are defiled, which I am casting out before you.  For the land is defiled; therefore I visit the punishment of its iniquity upon it, and the land vomits out its inhabitants."

God's law doesn't change, it still exists. The nations who do these things are defiled, punishment will come, God said it and He can not and will not violate or retract the law. The law stands forever, Jesus even said He did not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill it. Matthew 5:17-18 - "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled".

The law is not totally fulfilled yet, or Christ would not have to come back. He is coming back to totally fulfill the law.

Then every knee will bow, and every tongue confess, Jesus is the Lord.

WM13

Edited by waterman13
  • Upvote 1

When Christ died onthe cross he said "It is finished." John19:30 As as everyone else has pointed out. All that remains is His return.

There is a saying "the devil is in the details."  Then let your faith in Christ be there as well. If nothing else to fight the devil for you. For those who remain in Christ, you have confidence of your eternal reward. You gave your life to Him and you are His. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Now live your faith and let your heat rest in Him.  The best we can do is continue to be an example to the world of brotherly Christian love.

Peace to all of you.

• Upvote 2

When Christ died onthe cross he said "It is finished." John19:30 As as everyone else has pointed out. All that remains is His return.

There is a saying "the devil is in the details."  Then let your faith in Christ be there as well. If nothing else to fight the devil for you. For those who remain in Christ, you have confidence of your eternal reward. You gave your life to Him and you are His. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Now live your faith and let your heat rest in Him.  The best we can do is continue to be an example to the world of brotherly Christian love.

Peace to all of you.

There's some interesting Bible study works by Dr. Stephen Jones

http://www.gods-kingdom-ministries.net/teachings/books/

Suggested reading:

Creations Jubilee

Laws of the Second Coming

Secrets of Time

Very good stuff, God has blessed him with understand His Word.

WM13

• Upvote 1

Just one more thing. Obama said after the decision he would not force Churches into performing *** weddings. Since almost everything he says is a lie, I think that is exactly what he is going to do.

Your correct Cranster, he has lied and used his deceiving, trickery tactics in passing many laws that violate my rights as a Christian.  He's deceived the Catholic Bishops in telling them they would have a loop hole in not paying for abortions and more.  We all know how that ended.  All Christians will be paying for abortion from their hard earn money. 

Some here will deny and will not accept this administrations actions.  Our lukewarmness of faith and for those who rejects their faith, or stop practicing it,  the emptiness in their lives will make them easy prey.   Live in the light of your faith and see the dangers to come. 

There are requirements to being a Christian.  Your life and witness must correlate with Christian beliefs and principles.  We are all sinners, but to be a Christian, one cannot believe contrary to the Commandments of God.

• Upvote 2

In a blistering rebuke of the Supreme Court decision to overturn the Defense of Marriage Act, Justice Antonin Scalia said the self-governing power of the people has been eroded.

"Today's opinion aggrandizes the power of the court to pronounce the law," Scalia wrote in the dissenting opinion. It will have the predictable consequence of diminishing the "power of our people to govern themselves," wrote Scalia, who was joined in his dissent by Justices Clarence Thomas and Chief Justice John Roberts, while Justice Samuel Alito wrote a separate dissenting opinion.

Scalia described the "assertion of judicial supremacy over the people’s representatives in Congress and the executive" as "jaw-dropping."

"It envisions a Supreme Court standing (or rather enthroned) at the apex of government, empowered to decide all constitutional questions, always and everywhere 'primary' in its role," said Scalia. "This image of the court would have been unrecognizable to those who wrote and ratified our national charter."

Scalia had particular disdain for fellow Justice Anthony Kennedy's ruling in the 5-4 case, saying it opened the door for a federal law allowing same-sex marriages.

Read more: http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/Scalia-dissent-***-marriage/2013/06/26/id/512076?promo_code=F1D5-1&utm_source=westernJournalism&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

Gee, when Scalia said they "were enthroned" at the Supreme Court, I thought he was talking about how they stopped a Presidential  ELECTION in 2000 and PRONOUNCED the President THEMSELVES.... But I guess that slipped his mind today...

As far as *** marriage is concerned, we can't have that! That would mean we live in a free country where people can be free as long as they don't hurt others! Can't have that!

You conservatives see any light at all in that dark tunnel of yours? Pull yur heads out and breathe....

First, thanks DM for bringing this over to us.  With all the hype of the RV, we should not let our guard down on what is going on around us.  Especially if it involves our liberties.  And this subject is against my religious liberties. 

Dontlop, you are absolutely correct, " the goal is to destroy and I'll add one more word "eliminate" Christianity." Evil want's to knock down the wall of Christianity in order to flood the earth with evil, and we see it happening before our eyes.   

EagleEye,  praying unceasingly for all to turn back to Christ.  The strength of this nation is dependent upon the faithfulness to Christ.  We can not be weak, we can not be lukewarm in our faith. Trust in Jesus!!!

Christians we are at battle with evil and we need to stand united, with God at our side.  Let your hearts burn with God's love for you, come out of the lukewarm mode and stand up for your liberties.

Its time to wake up and teach virtue while we can.  God is to be your provider, not the government or some other entity. 

My words are small....please comprehend my message, that without Him (Jesus), you have no future.  

Yes.....the evil gays. They have all been infiltrated by Satan. Especially the Muslim gays.

They will certainly kill us all and turn our kids, who are straight, into gays just be being there!

They will make every girl-loving, red-blooded young man yearn for other men simply because gays exist and are treated human!

They will wake up one day in bed, and say, "I hate girls now!" because a *** couple got married down the street!

Pray away the gays! Maybe the FEMA camps will take them...put them on Satan's trains, take them to Satan's camps where Satan will work them into a frenzy, amassing his *** armies to invade "normal" America and take over.

By the way, straight people need to STOP having *** children. It ruins everything...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Yeah......except that is completely the opposite of what he said in the VRA decision, where he said this:

"And this last enactment, not a single vote in the Senate against it. And the House is pretty much the same....I think it is attributable, very likely attributable, to a phenomenon that is called perpetuation of racial entitlement. It's been written about. Whenever a society adopts racial entitlements, it is very difficult to get out of them through the normal political processes..."

"I don't think there is anything to be gained by any Senator to vote against continuation of this act. And I am fairly confident it will be reenacted in perpetuity unless—unless a court can say it does not comport with the Constitution... [T]his is not the kind of a question you can leave to Congress....Even the name of it is wonderful: The Voting Rights Act. Who is going to vote against that in the future?"

So, in other words - when the senate votes 80% to pass a law, that is the will of the people and the court should not intervene.  But when the senate votes 100% in favor, that is corruption and the court must intervene.

Hypocrite!

Yes.....the evil gays. They have all been infiltrated by Satan. Especially the Muslim gays.

They will certainly kill us all and turn our kids, who are straight, into gays just be being there!

They will make every girl-loving, red-blooded young man yearn for other men simply because gays exist and are treated human!

They will wake up one day in bed, and say, "I hate girls now!" because a *** couple got married down the street!

Pray away the gays! Maybe the FEMA camps will take them...put them on Satan's trains, take them to Satan's camps where Satan will work them into a frenzy, amassing his *** armies to invade "normal" America and take over.

By the way, straight people need to STOP having *** children. It ruins everything...

Wow!!! Hame, you can cry foul all you want.  You paint a real evil picture of Christians, when in fact most Christians do not feel this way.  I've said it before and will repeat myself once again.  I love all human beings, we are all children of God and we are to love one another.  I know its hard for you non-believers to understand, comprehend, but it's the sin that I condemn.  It's the sin. 

Now Professer Hame, if you can't see that this administration in leading for total takeover, down to the food on our plates, to water we drink, which he will give us as long as we behave and not teach about sin, as long as we don't oppose abortion, as long as we don't teach about all other moral wrongs.  Then I have to say, you are living in darkness. 

• Upvote 3

Gee, when Scalia said they "were enthroned" at the Supreme Court, I thought he was talking about how they stopped a Presidential  ELECTION in 2000 and PRONOUNCED the President THEMSELVES.... But I guess that slipped his mind today...

As far as *** marriage is concerned, we can't have that! That would mean we live in a free country where people can be free as long as they don't hurt others! Can't have that!

You conservatives see any light at all in that dark tunnel of yours? Pull yur heads out and breathe....

You Really need to get rid of some of your hate hame55!!! Go out & shoot a bunch of guns, hit pinatas with bats, whatever. chill
  • Upvote 3

Yeah......except that is completely the opposite of what he said in the VRA decision, where he said this:

"And this last enactment, not a single vote in the Senate against it. And the House is pretty much the same....I think it is attributable, very likely attributable, to a phenomenon that is called perpetuation of racial entitlement. It's been written about. Whenever a society adopts racial entitlements, it is very difficult to get out of them through the normal political processes..."[/size]

"I don't think there is anything to be gained by any Senator to vote against continuation of this act. [/size]And I am fairly confident it will be reenacted in perpetuity unless—unless a court can say it does not comport with the Constitution... [T]his is not the kind of a question you can leave to Congress....Even the name of it is wonderful: The Voting Rights Act. Who is going to vote against that in the future?"[/size]

So, in other words - when the senate votes 80% to pass a law, that is the will of the people and the court should not intervene.  But when the senate votes 100% in favor, that is corruption and the court must intervene.

Hypocrite!

So what do you think of that "hypocrite" Obama?

"The Obama Administration supports countries maintaining strict immigration policies but purposefully undermine our own and attempt to paint anti-illegal immigration concerns as a civil rights matter. The Obama Administration also supports Africans in their quest to hold upstanding, honest elections by instituting voter ID requirements; but for America to do it would, somehow, be racist voter disenfranchisement."

• Upvote 1