Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kuwait: Iraq is still under Chapter VII for this reason

yota691

That is false:  What makes it false?  The saints do have eternal life NOW.  "The one who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the witness that God has borne concerning His Son .  And the witness is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.  He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.  These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, IN ORDER THAT YOU MAY KNOW THAT YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. (1Jno 5:10-13)   Is this a false statement?  

Matthew 24:11-13

And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.  A truth during the days of the first century until today, but we are not speaking of those whose love has grown cold, or those who do not believe, or those who continue to live a life of disobedience!  The statement was that "saints" have eternal life NOW and when they enter into the eternal realm.  

and

Revelation 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: All saints, those who overcome through the blood of Christ, the word of their testimony, and the do not love their life even when they are being killed (Rev 12:11), reign over any human force through their spiritual power and not a physical power.  It is as true today as it was then. We have power of human governments.  They cannot tell is what to do in regard to faith.  They cannot overcome us if we remain faithful.  And even if they kill is, we still reign and live.  Life cannot be taken away from the faithful saint.  

We do not go to eternal glory at death...Scripture says at the LAST Trumpet the dead rise. Then where do we go at death?  The body goes to the grave or is eaten by lions, worms, or burned in a fire, it's gone. However, the spirit goes to be with the Lord (2Cor 5:8; Phil 1:21-23).  In both passages  sited when the Christian dies he goes to be "with the Lord."  The Lord is in Paradise and is at the right hand of the Father (Acts 2:32-36; 7:54-59; Mk 16:19).  It is into this realm that the spirits of dead saints go and wait for the resurrection of the body (1Cor 15; 1Thess 4:13-18).  

1 Corinthians 15:51-55

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

Luke 16:19-30  The story given by Jesus concerning the spirit or the rich man and Lazarus.  The rich man dies and is in Hades, the place of punishment for the wicked, the sinful, and the unbelieving.  Lazarus' spirit is in Paradise being blessed, for he was a believer in God.  Jesus is not speaking of their body being punished, but their spirit.  This is before the Last Trumpet and the resurrection of the body.  Thus both these individuals died and have received their eternal reward.  The final judgment, at the resurrection of the eternal body, both groups will be inform of "why" they are being blessed or punished (Jno 5:28-29; 2Cor 5:10).  

John 5:28-29  see above

Rev 20:5-6,12-13  The reference should have started with verse 20:4.  The souls (spirits) of those beheaded because of their faithfulness to Christ came to life and lived and reigned with Him for a thousand years. So the spirits reigned without a body.  This refers to the persecuted saints then and now.  They may die and their bodies dismembered, but the are alive and reigning with Christ NOW.  Romans 5:17 states that "those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ." So, saints who have accepted God's grace by their faith reign in life, and according to Revelation 20, the saints reigns at death as well.  

At the final Judgment, two set books are opened: the books (the Word of God), and the Book of Life.  The "dead" are those "spiritually dead" and their names were not in the Book of Life.  Consequently they are the only ones judged from the "Books."  Afterward they (those dead and those in Hades) were thrown into the Lake of Fire (Hell).  The saints, whose names were in the Book of Life are not judged for sin (sins are forgiven in Christ, therefore the saint will have no sins at the death of the body.) and will only be rewarded.  

Certainly the Christian can so sin as to forfeit eternal life.  There are many scriptures that teach we can become unfaithful, do despite unto the Spirit of grace and become subject to the judgment of God.  But only if they reject their salvation (Heb 10:26-31). 

I have no idea why this was even brought up on this thread.  It is totally out of place.  I considered not saying a word, but when I read misapplication of God's word or I comment on a statement being made that I think reflects a misunderstanding of the teaching from Scripture, and I am challenged, then I will respond and try to redirect the thinking of the writer.  

With respect to the people on the thread, I will not continue the biblical comments here. 

• Upvote 1