Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq expresses its gratitude to Kuwait for its support partially exit from Chapter VII

yota691

Iraq expresses its gratitude to Kuwait for its support partially exit from Chapter VII 27/06/2013 | 11:17 PM | Kuwait News text-size-minus.pngtext-size-plus.png

United Nations - 27 - 6 (KUNA) - The Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari "gratitude the Iraqi government to the State of Kuwait and the Government for their support and help them out of Iraq from the provisions of Chapter VII," noting that they have shown the State of Kuwait is a model to resolve disputes between nations peacefully. 

The Iraqi official also thanked his country to the United Nations for its efforts in achieving progress in the "This file is human .. file missing Kuwaiti property." 

came the words Zebari said in a speech tonight in front of the UN Security Council after the adoption of the Council resolution under Chapter VI of the Charter of the United Nations out of Iraq partly from Chapter VII and asking the United Nations Mission to help Iraq (UNAMI) Follow these issues Alansantin. 

said Zebari said in his speech that his country sought to fulfill its obligations to get out of the seventh item and select including those related to three issues "concerning the situation between Iraq and Kuwait, the first issue of missing Kuwaitis and Kuwaiti property and secondly maintenance struts border and thirdly compensation. " 

and said he was "under the bilateral cooperation between the two countries has been achieved significant progress in this aspect." 

and stressed that Iraq "will increase the level of cooperation (with Kuwait) during the coming period," hello session of the Security Council today that quoted this profile to Chapter VI of the UN Charter. 

"We Regarding maintenance struts border, Iraq fulfilled all its obligations." 

With regard to the issue of compensation has stressed Zebari that "Iraq is committed to pay the percentage decided by the Security Council," the former. 

saw Minister Iraqi Foreign in his speech that this day "is a qualitative development in the relations between Iraq and Kuwait," stressing that "all the negative aspects of the relationship between the two countries became part of the past." 

concluded Zebari on to say that "the work done by Iraq and Kuwait cooperation will lead by example in solving disputes between states by peaceful means. "(end) c / i a b KUNA 272 317 GMT Jun 13

ok so go down this road with me....

Now that they are out of chapter 7...we are going to unfreeze some assets.

Iraq only owes 11 billion of the original 52 billion to Kuwait.

Is there enough assets being unfrozen to pay off Kuwait and then to RV this thing and Iraq not have to dip into any of its current holdings?

Thoughts?

(besides the fact I am crazy...we all already know that!!)

Edited by SnowGlobe7

I don't like that I keep hearing the word partially

Don't worry Hugh, they are out and in Chapter 6.  Somewhere around here dontlop posted what that means, but essentially they are no longer bound and a free country.  The 11 billion plus finding bodies and lost artifacts is all that is left.  The 11 billion is promised to be complete by 2015 and probably will be the easier of the two for them to accomplish.

Is there enough assets being unfrozen to pay off Kuwait and then to RV this thing and Iraq not have to dip into any of its current holdings?

Thoughts?

They probably could pay Kuwait right now if they wanted to, but they opted for the payment plan.  I am not sure but those assets would go to the government not the CBI.  I could be wrong about that.

I have a question....Today is an incredible day for all of us on this dinar roller coaster, but also for the people of Iraq and really the entire US.  We have invested money, time and lives in that sandbox.  What I don't understand is why with their release from Chapter 7 and all that it really means for them and their  sovereignty as a country and for the doors it now opens to them, why in the hell is there not one mention of it on the news channels, on MSN on anything.  I don't understand this. 

• Upvote 2

U.N. council brings Iraq closer to end of 1990s sanctions

Posted on June 27, 2013

download-1-150x150.jpgThe U.N. Security Council brought Iraqone step closer on Thursday to ending United Nations sanctions imposed on Baghdad more than two decades ago after former President Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait In 1990.

The 15-member council unanimously agreed that the issue of missing Kuwaiti people, property and archives should be dealt with under Chapter 6 of the U.N. Charter – which urges countries to peacefully resolve any conflicts – instead of Chapter 7.

Chapter 7 of the charter allows the Security Council to authorize actions ranging from sanctions to military intervention if states do not abide by council demands.

The move by the council is a significant political boost for Baghdad as it struggles to restore its international standing a decade after a U.S.-led invasion of Iraq toppled Saddam in 2003.

The Security Council resolution recognized “the importance of Iraq achieving international standing equal to that which it held prior to (1990).” U.S.-led troops drove Iraq out of Kuwait in the 1991 Gulf War.

“This is a new beginning for the relations between our two neighborly and brotherly countries,” Iraq’s Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari told reporters after the vote. “This is an example for other countries also to resolve their disputes and differences through peaceful means.”

The only issues linked to Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait that remain under Chapter 7 are an arms embargo and Baghdad’s payment of $52 billion in compensation to Kuwait, diplomats say. Iraq still owes $11 billion and has said it expects to pay by 2015.

There are still a range of Chapter 7 issues imposed on Baghdad after Saddam’s ouster in 2003, diplomats say, including the freeze and return of Saddam-era assets and trade ban on stolen Iraqi cultural property.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has recommended that the U.N. political mission in Iraq should take responsibility for facilitating the search for missing Kuwaitis, or their remains, property and the country’s national archives.

Source: Reuters

Looks as if there are a couple of issues still to be handled under chapter VII but that at least relative to Kuwait they are out.

I have a question....Today is an incredible day for all of us on this dinar roller coaster, but also for the people of Iraq and really the entire US.  We have invested money, time and lives in that sandbox.  What I don't understand is why with their release from Chapter 7 and all that it really means for them and their  sovereignty as a country and for the doors it now opens to them, why in the hell is there not one mention of it on the news channels, on MSN on anything.  I don't understand this. 

Do you believe the lame stream media has your best interest in mind? They dont want anybody getting wealthy off of Iraq, nobody.

You brought out something that I think is very interesting.  It did happen.  We know that.  Why is it not of importance?  You would think it would be.  You would think there would be some bragging notes on how Iraq has come so far and we got em there.   I know what you are stating, and I am a bit perplexed on that score.    You got me.

Actually, that is an extremely good question to ask. The answer is not quite that easy. As has been mentioned earlier on this post, the mainstream lainstream media does not find this worthy of reporting. Also, it is not politically expedient for either party to bring it to the forefront. A classic case of the have's and the have nots, also known as "how come we were not told of this opportunity"?  Meanwhile, we should all just sit and wait silently, and when it is announced to the world that we are all sitting in a better position, still remain somewhat obscure, while the rest of the world catches up to what happened.  :eyebrows:

• Upvote 1

Thoughts?

Iv'e seen before that they will pay a percentage of their oil proceeds. Thats it. No taking the saving out to pay them. 

I don't mean to be cynical here, because I agree with you.  That being said, I searched all day on MSM for anything about this.  It was incredible what is posted in "World News" on the U.S. MSM.  Apparently, CNN thinks "S. Africa's Born Free Generation", Snowden, and "Special Delivery For Baby Noor" are what is important.  MSN feels the top world stories are "Animal Rights Activists Get Branded With Branding Iron", a plane was found off of Venezuela that belonged to a missing Italian designer, and there will be no McDonalds on the West Bank.  I could go on and on because every news site has similar stuff.  My point being, most folks only care about sound bites and feature articles because the MSM has programmed this way.  Sorry for the rant on such a momentous day but MSM news sources are not to be trusted for the most part imo.

I don't mean to be cynical here, because I agree with you.  That being said, I searched all day on MSM for anything about this.  It was incredible what is posted in "World News" on the U.S. MSM.  Apparently, CNN thinks "S. Africa's Born Free Generation", Snowden, and "Special Delivery For Baby Noor" are what is important.  MSN feels the top world stories are "Animal Rights Activists Get Branded With Branding Iron", a plane was found off of Venezuela that belonged to a missing Italian designer, and there will be no McDonalds on the West Bank.  I could go on and on because every news site has similar stuff.  My point being, most folks only care about sound bites and feature articles because the MSM has programmed this way.  Sorry for the rant on such a momentous day but MSM news sources are not to be trusted for the most part imo.

And of course.....the guy who has the files on spying on us.  Maybe they do not want the public to know Iraq is released from chapter 7 and now in 6.  Just a reminder of a thing they do not want us to remember.  Curious.

• Upvote 1

Great Point...If you Look at the Iraq Constitution the First Thing it states..SECTION ONE: FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES Article 1:

(The Republic of Iraq is a single, independent federal state with full sovereignty. Its system of government is republican, representative 61/27Parliamentary63/47 and democratic. This Constitution is the guarantor of its unity)

As far as the Media reporting..maybe they to busy Reporting on the Prez Trip to Africa, what would you expect from the Media anyway...in Today World, half of it BS agenda driven

But anyway the Sovereignty pretty much completes Iraq Constitution... Give's them Pride...In which I still think the UN still has a Long Leash on them..at least till Mr. M departs...

Edited by yota691

28-06-2013 10:53 AM

print_page.gif

Baghdad (news) .. described the MP / coalition in Iraq free / high Nassif, Iraq would emerge from Chapter VII as a victory for the Iraqi people, who had been the victim of international sanctions for more than twenty years. said told him the Information Office of the coalition (of the Agency Cbaria news): The lifting of sanctions on Iraq is beginning to prove its existence as a complete sovereignty in the international community, has dropped out of Iraq from Chapter VII arguments of some political parties are trying to keep Iraq under the tutelage internationalism and open the doors to foreign interventions by trying to internationalize some of the issues. said: that the foreign Iraq for a period of eight years Aohmt government and the Iraqi people as to Asbel out of Chapter VII, but the implementation of the demands of Kuwait, this historic mistake unpardonable borne by the ministry, it has been able to hold negotiations and earn the international community as well as Iraq without any losses and without verification Kuwait any benefit at the expense of Iraq . stressed Nassif, the need for prudence in dealing with the issue of release of Iraqi funds frozen, so do not waste money on claims of individuals and foreign companies, including claims that he is her right and demands Iraq reimburse, we have non-implementation of these demands implementation blind it may not be a real basis.said: Some of these demands at the level of companies and individuals, including the return to the Iran-Iraq war, or with respect to U.S. companies, and some of them are waiting for the funds of Iraq and are waiting for its launch for the purpose of raising the demands had a fake that their belongings financial. / End / j. n /

Iraq aims "last" Foreign consequences beyond the borders and is preparing to test unseen for 23 years

THURSDAY, JUNE 27, 2013 14:21  

Twilight News / تتنظر of the new challenges after Iraq out of Chapter VII imposed after Saddam Hussein's invasion of Kuwait, most notably the protection of his assets abroad.

1-un-approves-new-sanctions-against-nort

And spins Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations about what is taken by the UN organization of the work, if the threat of peace and breaches of the peace and acts of aggression on civilians in the State.

Under the UN resolution, Iraq will become incomplete sovereignty and The decision to separate this from the side, on the other hand will be dealt with as a fully recognized by the international community politically.

So that Iraq will move to Chapter VI of the UN Charter, which emphasizes the resolution of disputes between any two countries through peaceful means and through direct negotiations without the supervision of UN or other international or foreign custody or control if called for the two countries to do so.

Iraq will gain another point boils down to the physical side, where it would be non-binding deposit and petroleum imports in the Development Fund for Iraq, the United Nations, after he is deducted 5% in compensation.

And now the Iraqi government needs to national protection force to Iraq's money and wealth, which is expected to apply affected by the invasion of Kuwait judicial claims against Iraq.

Thus, the exit from Chapter VII, as it is with the importance of the Iraqi state, but it carries the responsibility to meet the challenges of the internal potential.

And describes the media adviser to Prime Minister Ali al-Moussawi out of Iraq from Chapter VII as the last obstacle in front of Foreign restore full sovereignty remains to deal with internal challenges.

And authorized Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations Security Council to use force to enforce the decisions either through sanctions or military intervention, while the sixth item urges States to resolve their differences peacefully.

Kuwait has opposed a lot in the past years to expel Iraq from Chapter VII because of differences over borders and Disappeared Persons, property and other issues, and that was a major cause for the survival of Iraq under Chapter, but most of these issues and found their way to the solution recently.

And took Iraq and Kuwait in recent months procedures in order to address their differences on general aviation companies and restoration of monuments border.

And will bring Iraq out of Chapter VII and his legal status in the international community, to what it was before the UN Security Council Resolution 838 of 1993, which was passed by the former regime's forces invaded Kuwait.

In sum, the withdrawal of Iraq from Chapter VII, is a sign of hope opened up new avenues in dealing with the countries of the world in the areas of development and investment, having potential and cable movements for 23 years ago.

MVA

Edited by yota691