Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam's Drive By Chat

VIZIOIRAQI

WOW!!!  Amazing!  I wish this would have all happened while I was on vacation from this armpit called Afghanistan, but I'll deal!  Let's hope there is a decent time frame to handle business accordingly!  Just give us at least 90 days, Iraq!  120 would be premiere.  :)  Thank you Adam, paperboy, and all the other champions of DV, that have guided us rookies to the promised land.  There is so much yet to learn, so many things to accomplish, and many friends to gain along this trail!  I look forward to the new barrage of questions that I will be asking y'all.  :)  GO RV!!!  CONGRATULATIONS, IRAQ!!!

• Upvote 3

I'm pretty sure that I am going to ruin what little positive rep I have here but, I think all the celebrating is a bit premature! After all, this is Iraq. I just hate to see people get filled with so much hope, only to be let down.

I want this as much as anyone, just not gonna get pumped in case it doesn't happen within the year.

I second your notion here. Calm down as you hold your breath.

Full Reuter's article with highlighted text that reveals that Chp 7 is not 100%. If I'm wrong clarify. Still good news but I still see work before full release.

U.N. council brings Iraq closer to end of 1990s sanctions

Reuters) - The U.N. Security Council brought Iraq one step closer on Thursday to ending United Nations sanctions imposed on Baghdad more than two decades ago after former President Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait In 1990.

The 15-member council unanimously agreed that the issue of missing Kuwaiti people, property and archives should be dealt with under Chapter 6 of the U.N. Charter - which urges countries to peacefully resolve any conflicts - instead of Chapter 7.

Chapter 7 of the charter allows the Security Council to authorize actions ranging from sanctions to military intervention if states do not abide by council demands.

The move by the council is a significant political boost for Baghdad as it struggles to restore its international standing a decade after a U.S.-led invasion of Iraq toppled Saddam in 2003.

The Security Council resolution recognized "the importance of Iraq achieving international standing equal to that which it held prior to (1990)." U.S.-led troops drove Iraq out of Kuwait in the 1991 Gulf War.

"This is a new beginning for the relations between our two neighborly and brotherly countries," Iraq's Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari told reporters after the vote. "This is an example for other countries also to resolve their disputes and differences through peaceful means."

The only issues linked to Iraq's invasion of Kuwait that remain under Chapter 7 are an arms embargo and Baghdad's payment of $52 billion in compensation to Kuwait, diplomats say. Iraq still owes $11 billion and has said it expects to pay by 2015.

There are still a range of Chapter 7 issues imposed on Baghdad after Saddam's ouster in 2003, diplomats say, including the freeze and return of Saddam-era assets and trade ban on stolen Iraqi cultural property.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has recommended that the U.N. political mission in Iraq should take responsibility for facilitating the search for missing Kuwaitis, or their remains, property and the country's national archives.

(Reporting by Michelle Nichols; Editing by Doina Chiacu and Vicki Allen)

ARE WE EXCITED?-------LET US COUNT THE WAYS!  Yes, we are fortunate and I credit Adam and team for helping us all stay the course with sound, reality-focused support. :bravo:   But I do not want to forget the Iraqi people for whom this will truly be a blessing moving them out of a second or third citizen sense of being.  And as a vet of long ago, let us please remember the gallantry and sacrifice of those troops from many countries who sacrificed so very much to bring Iraq back to the world of self-respect and national pride.

• Upvote 2

Whether the RV is announced this weekend or not, this is GOOD progress... if you can't celebrate the little things in life, you won't celebrate the big things either.

:twocents:

I totally Agree Adam - This is a major step for Iraq - GO RV

• Upvote 1

I haven't been waiting for this news for 10 years like some of you, but I have been waiting for 3, almost 4...and that's been more than enough!!!! I even had to tweak my old user name, (bc I forgot my password) so I could get on here and make a post!!! YAHOOOOOOOOO!!! Thanks for all that you do Adam!!! GOOOOO RV!!! Mama needs a new pair of shoes...and lots of other things!!  :backflip:

So Adam

I signed on today but not as a VIP , am I understanding this correctly that I " possabily " have till Saturday night to become a VIP

I'm not sure what the Reuters article was saying, but from what I saw on the UN webcast, what I'm hearing from my Iraqi contacts, and the majority of the articles out there... the vote was unanimous, 15-0 Iraq is OUT of Chapter 7.

Chapter 6 is basically meaningless to us in my opinion.

:twothumbs:

Thank you for your service my friend. :tiphat:

The doors to the VIP group! I was waiting to hear from a couple people, and based on what I am hearing... the VIP group is getting locked tight on Saturday night (or possibly sooner).

When the RV is announced, my staff will be busy taking care of the VIP members that supported this site through good times and bad... and no new VIP members will be admitted.

Thank Adam.

My knowledge that God IS real and Jesus is who the scriptures say he is comes from my conversion moment. It was Awesome, Fantastic, an event that was real and happening to me. I experienced his love with an exploding energy blast of some kind, Very hard to explain it was so overwhelming and that does not say it either. Don't worry about anything, He has it ALL under control even if we don't understand some times (often).SMILE. He's here, NOW.

Praise God, Praise Jesus, call on him and ask him into YOUR life. You will be in for the most exciting moment in your life, except the last day of it here. LOL. If you only knew (some of you do) how real He is and his kingdom and the power in his immeasurable love is so overwhelming. I tell people that the blasting I got in that few minutes I was under His force (???) that He probably only touched me with a fingertip, BIG SMILE. It was soooooooo Awsome there is NO way to say that moments experience with the words I can come up with. Niagara falls comes way short of the power I felt. The suns not bright enough, AWSOME, AWSOME.

And that was 20 years ago and I still cry with joy and flooding tears even today at the memory of it and it's telling. I love it.

Praise JESUS.

I'll spend what ever I have with Him in mind.

If this was a little to much, I will understand if you don't have it all in here. I just can't help myself when an opportunity is available to share that wonderful time that is still going on today.

Thanks Adam.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm with you Bama!!!!  I gotta hug somebody, I need someone to hug.  Okay everybody sending a group hug to you all.  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:  This is great!!!!

The greater the news, the closer my hubby get's home to me. 

You know I love giving hugs :hug:

• Upvote 1

I've made myself numb to any exciting new for so long that I'm not sure how to react! Starting to get the flutter in the tummy! Dare say I to dare? YES I will! Been so long since I've been this excited! Thanks Adam, at least my weekend is starting to look up!

I believe that this will culminate with an RV this weekend..Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Ch7 gone, tradable,currency at least 1-1 with the dollar IMHO. I have my retirement letter typed up with a date..just waiting for that elusive RV/RI. :angel: