Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq not 100% out of Ch7 according to Reuters 17minutes ago

Under Chapter VII of the Charter, the Security Council can take enforcement measures to maintain or restore international peace and security. Such measures range from economic and/or other sanctions not involving the use of armed force to international military action.

you wont find that in ch6...

My understanding all of this takes them into chapter 6.  These two issues can be handled via 6.

thats how i see it too

• Upvote 2

ch6

1. The parties to any dispute, the continuance of which is likely to endanger the maintenance of international peace and security, shall, first of all, seek a solution by negotiation, enquiry, mediation, conciliation, arbitration, judicial settlement, resort to regional agencies or arrangements, or other peaceful means of their own choice.
  2. The Security Council shall, when it deems necessary, call upon the parties to settle their dispute by such means.
  • Upvote 1

Boozer, thanks for actually reading and responding to my post.  As you know, I was asking the pre- 1990 dinar rate, to get a sense of what the international community would support for an IQD re-val  From that reuters article, the quote I used was from the UN Security Council.  Dollar to IQD would make the most sense for the local commerce in Iraq, but encouraging a return to the 2.00 - 2.86 $ to IQD is more to my liking.

So, once these issue go away in 2015 , they will be free?

nope .. they are no longer under ch7 right now ..

ch7 is just a procedure of  the way the united nation security council is involved in iraqs affairs

Ya Well I am 100% I watched it LIve lol so take that to the Bank

I missed it I was in work .... posted this just before I drove home .... then seen Adams drive by when I got home .... if he says it a done deal that all I need to know, Reuters could have got it wrong, wouldn't be the first time

Im hopping to take it to the Bank Monday !

Me too .... should be a short que here on a Monday

• Upvote 1

Boozer, thanks for actually reading and responding to my post.  As you know, I was asking the pre- 1990 dinar rate, to get a sense of what the international community would support for an IQD re-val  From that reuters article, the quote I used was from the UN Security Council.  Dollar to IQD would make the most sense for the local commerce in Iraq, but encouraging a return to the 2.00 - 2.86 $ to IQD is more to my liking.

$2.00 - $2.86 ...... I'd run a lap of Glasgow naked

Fingers crossed :twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

I watched it LIVE as well and it's a done deal!  One of my FAVORITE parts was when he said, "Iraq is a RICH country!" =) 

:bravo:

It's hard for me to focus on work at this point. :eyebrows:  I just shared it with a few co-workers and they were totally indifferent to it. I look forward to the day that I can say..."Ciao"...I don't have to work here anymore. 

GO RV!

V

• Upvote 3

I look forward to the day that I can say..."Ciao"...I don't have to work here anymore.

Me too!!! Are we there yet?! : ) what a great day! I can't focus either! What an awesome thing to watch! I wanted to stand up and shout from my cube...but nobody else cares lol!!

GO RV!!!! It's time!

Ha ha ha ... I wish I was drunk lol. +1

they can have all the glory they want, it's nothing to do with me.

I'll just stand back in the shadows and patiently wait

Just messin.... yea i wish the best for Iraq and all of us to have a great outcome. :twothumbs:

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2

Just messin.... yea i wish the best for Iraq and all of us to have a great outcome. :twothumbs:

I know you were lol ..... yeah I think this will be a day mentioned in history books years from now

(actually there probably wont be any books years from now :( ...... history pdf's then lol)

• Upvote 1

U.N. council brings Iraq closer to end of 1990s sanctions

UNITED NATIONS | Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:16am EDT

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - The U.N. Security Council brought Iraq one step closer on Thursday to ending United Nations sanctions imposed on Baghdad more than two decades ago after former President Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait In 1990.

The 15-member council unanimously agreed that the issue of missing Kuwaiti people, property and archives should be dealt with under Chapter 6 of the U.N. Charter - which urges countries to peacefully resolve any conflicts - instead of Chapter 7.

Chapter 7 of the charter allows the Security Council to authorize actions ranging from sanctions to military intervention if states do not abide by council demands.

The move by the council is a significant political boost for Baghdad as it struggles to restore its international standing a decade after a U.S.-led invasion of Iraq toppled Saddam in 2003.

The Security Council resolution recognized "the importance of Iraq achieving international standing equal to that which it held prior to (1990)." U.S.-led troops drove Iraq out of Kuwait in the 1991 Gulf War.

The only issues linked to Iraq's invasion of Kuwait that remain under Chapter 7 are an arms embargo and Baghdad's payment of $52 billion in compensation to Kuwait, diplomats say. Iraq still owes $11 billion and has said it expects to pay by 2015.

There are still a range of Chapter 7 issues imposed on Baghdad after Saddam's ouster in 2003, diplomats say, including the freeze and return of Saddam-era assets and trade ban on stolen Iraqi cultural property.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has recommended that the U.N. political mission in Iraq should take responsibility for facilitating the search for missing Kuwaitis, or their remains, property and the country's national archives.

1. Chapter VI establishes the appropriate methods of settling international disputes and the Security Council's powers in relation to them. It is generally agreed that resolutions under Chapter VI are advisory rather than binding. These resolutions have generally been operative only with the consent of all parties involved. Traditionally, the Chapter has not been interpreted to support collective intervention by member states in the affairs of another member state"
  2. ^ Possible Extension of the UN Mandate for Iraq: Options, 'The basic difference between Chapters VI and VII is that under Chapter VII, the Council may impose measures on states that have obligatory legal force and therefore need not depend on the consent of the states involved. To do this, the Council must determine that the situation constitutes a threat or breach of the peace. In contrast, measures under Chapter VI do not have the same force, and military missions under Chapter VI would rest on consent by the state in question'
  • Upvote 2

Chapter 7 done ok i get it but can anyone translate this document ....

June 27, 2013 12:04

Iraqi Islamic Bank (BIIB)
BIIB1.44-0.01-0.69%

Disclosure contribution rate at the Islamic Bank of Iraq

Attached Files

Source: Iraqi market for securities

Edited by yota691, Today, 04:57 AM.

• rep_up.png
  •  
    • rep_down.png
    •  
13 to 1

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/152441-disclosure-contribution-rate-at-the-islamic-bank-of-iraq/#ixzz2XRU2Ar00