Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq not 100% out of Ch7 according to Reuters 17minutes ago

Did you not understand what they said in the meeting? Chapter 7 is done! period, moved to Chapter 6.

Why do you need to hear it from the "News" stations. Many just watched it live. It's DONE.

WM13

I never said i needed to hear it from them. Was just stating a fact.  Perhaps it was meant to not be shown to prevent more speculators.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just heard the same. Portions of C7 were released. Iraq must fulfill the remaining part which includes forming the rest of GOI, tackle terrorism in country and show more stability.

The RV may have to be put on hold. Hope Im wrong.

***///

EXACTLY. :tiphat: Some CHVII cans were kicked down the road and rolled up into CHVI.

Everybody take a pill already. :surgeon:   sheesh. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

WOW posted this just as I was leaving work .... didn't expect 31 replies lol

Why is this in the news section with no link, searched the reuters site and absolutly nothing about this

google ... "iraq chapter 7" .... first hit is .... http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/27/us-iraq-kuwait-un-idUSBRE95Q0V720130627

• Upvote 2

I never said i needed to hear it from them. Was just stating a fact.  Perhaps it was meant to not be shown to prevent more speculators.

Why would you expect the "news" to carry something like this? The UN has meetings all day everyday. Many are about putting countries under sanctions or removing them. There are hundreds of countries, tons of meetings, none of that is covered (unless it's scandal of some sort - that seems to be the only thing that makes the "news").

WM13

Edited by waterman13

***///

EXACTLY. :tiphat: Some CHVII cans were kicked down the road and rolled up into CHVI.

Everybody take a pill already. :surgeon:   sheesh. :rolleyes:

Still progress none the less.....

I have been in this for several years and I have been waiting for this moment....one step closer....

***///

Yup... Little baby steps all this time and finally a leap of Faith for the Iraqi people.

Let us hope we, too, shall eventually share in their "fiscal" joy. :tiphat: We await that day.

You got it sarg!!!!

OK I just read Adam's drive by chat ....Adam is saying CH7 100%  removed .... I guess Reuters got it wrong

Anyway I had to post the article just in case it was true

:salute:

That's what I've been saying, it's NOT kicking the can down the road, they ARE NOT under CH 7 sanctions any more. Moved to a new road. Not on route 7 anymore, they're on route 6.

WM13

• Upvote 3

That's what I've been saying, it's NOT kicking the can down the road, they ARE NOT under CH 7 sanctions any more. Moved to a new road. Not on route 7 anymore, they're on route 6.

WM13

If Adam says its done thats good enough for me

Route 6 looks like it might be paved with gold !!

on another note ... in the almost 4000 threads and posts I've put on DV this has to be the most read thread I've ever had lol .... most replies too

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Golds in the toilet Machine. Paved with oil and lots of it.

Sounds like a slippery road ..... isn't that what the US is on .... I sure hope Iraq isn't on the same road.

If you've ever visited the Gold & precious metals section you would know you didn't have to tell me gold is in the toilet lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

U.N. council brings Iraq closer to end of 1990s sanctions

UNITED NATIONS | Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:16am EDT

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - The U.N. Security Council brought Iraq one step closer on Thursday to ending United Nations sanctions imposed on Baghdad more than two decades ago after former President Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait In 1990.

The 15-member council unanimously agreed that the issue of missing Kuwaiti people, property and archives should be dealt with under Chapter 6 of the U.N. Charter - which urges countries to peacefully resolve any conflicts - instead of Chapter 7.

Chapter 7 of the charter allows the Security Council to authorize actions ranging from sanctions to military intervention if states do not abide by council demands.

The move by the council is a significant political boost for Baghdad as it struggles to restore its international standing a decade after a U.S.-led invasion of Iraq toppled Saddam in 2003.

The Security Council resolution recognized "the importance of Iraq achieving international standing equal to that which it held prior to (1990)." U.S.-led troops drove Iraq out of Kuwait in the 1991 Gulf War.

The only issues linked to Iraq's invasion of Kuwait that remain under Chapter 7 are an arms embargo and Baghdad's payment of $52 billion in compensation to Kuwait, diplomats say. Iraq still owes $11 billion and has said it expects to pay by 2015.

There are still a range of Chapter 7 issues imposed on Baghdad after Saddam's ouster in 2003, diplomats say, including the freeze and return of Saddam-era assets and trade ban on stolen Iraqi cultural property.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has recommended that the U.N. political mission in Iraq should take responsibility for facilitating the search for missing Kuwaitis, or their remains, property and the country's national archives.

Ya Well I am 100% I watched it LIve lol so take that to the Bank

• Upvote 2

Here is what I got of value out of the Reuters statement:

The Security Council resolution recognized "the importance of Iraq achieving international standing equal to that which it held prior to (1990)." U.S.-led troops drove Iraq out of Kuwait in the 1991 Gulf War.

Now, what was the Dinar value prior to 1990???????

Not sure, but I bet it was a lot more than it is NOW. think it was over $2.

Mind you this was news yesterday.

http://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2319187&language=en

Zebari to address UNSC tomorrow as it partially exits Iraq from Chapter VII 26/06/2013   |   10:37 PM | Kuwait News text-size-minus.pngreset.pngtext-size-plus.png
UNITED NATIONS, June 26 (KUNA) -- Iraqi Foreign Minister Hozhyar Zebari is scheduled to address the Security Council, tomorrow Thursday, as it votes on a draft resolution that would partially exit Iraq from Chapter VII of the UN Charter, and end the post of the high-level coordinator for missing Kuwaitis and property it created in 1999.
The Council would, however, transfer these two humanitarian issues, under Chapter VI, to the attention of the UN Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI), taking into consideration the Kuwaiti conditions aimed at having them constantly under Council review.
The resolution would call on Baghdad, in furtherance of its commitment to facilitate the repatriation of all Kuwaiti and third-country nationals or their remains still unaccounted for, to continue cooperation with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) by providing any information about them.
It would also urge Baghdad to continue efforts to search for missing Kuwaiti property, including the national archives, through its inter-ministerial committee.
The Council would request the Head of UNAMI to promote, support and facilitate efforts regarding the repatriation or return of all Kuwaiti and third country nationals or their remains, and the return of Kuwaiti property, including the national archives, seized by Iraq during the seven-month invasion.
In response to Kuwaiti demands, the Council would request the Secretary-General to report separately to the Council on these matters in his reports on the progress made towards the fulfillment of all UNAMI's responsibilities.
It would also request the Secretary-General to consider designating his Deputy Special Representative at UNAMI to be responsible for overseeing these issues and ensuring appropriate resources for them.
It would further express its intention to review the modalities of the reporting mechanism, in the event that UNAMI's mandate is terminated, "with a view towards considering a continued role for the United Nations in such matters if needed." The Council would finally decide to "remain seized of the matter." The Council would welcome in the draft resolution's preambular part both Iraq and Kuwait's efforts to advance regional stability, and "all the positive steps that have been taken by the Government of Iraq to fulfill resolution 833 of 1993" related to the border between the two neighbouring countries. It would recognize that the situation existing now in Iraq is "significantly different" from when the Saddam regime invaded Kuwait in August 1990, and the "importance of Iraq achieving international standing equal" to that which it held prior to that date.
It would also "welcome Iraq's continued demonstration of its commitment to the full implementation of its outstanding obligations under the relevant Chapter VII resolutions, namely the continuation of payment of the outstanding amount of compensation administered by the United Nations Compensation Commission." Iraq will continue to pay, under Chapter VII, 5 percent of its oil revenue to Kuwait to compensate for war damages. The payments will continue until 2015.
Baghdad paid Kuwait so far some USD 30 billion out of USD 41 billion in war reparations. Zebari was quoted as telling a press conference in late May that "if we continue at this pace, I think that in 2015, after paying all the war compensation, Iraq will be completely removed from Chapter VII." Contrary to Chapter VII which threatens with "action by air, sea, or land forces as may be necessary to maintain or restore international peace and security," Chapter VI stipulates that the Council shall "call on the parties to settle their dispute by negotiation, mediation, arbitration, judicial settlement," or other peaceful means of their choice." The Council expressed "deep appreciation" to the late Ambassador Yuli Vorontsov and Ambassador Gennady Tarasov, both Russian nationals, who in their capacity of successive High-Level Coordinators, devoted their professional skills to build trust between Iraq and Kuwait, and contributed to the full normalization of their relations. (end) sj.mt KUNA 262237 Jun 13NNNN
  • Upvote 1