Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

1Hour Away un meeting live webcast....Praying for gooood news!!!

pacmen

Thank-you for providing the link Pacmen, that was interesting and exciting. I'm more interested in watching this kind of thing verses reading about it, just something about watching and reading someones face.

Alright... hopefully this is a completely and financially done deal soon!  :twothumbs:

Edited by LAWRENCEOFDINARIA

So are they not completely out?

The only issues linked to Iraq's invasion of Kuwait that remain under Chapter 7 are an arms embargo and Baghdad's payment of $52 billion in compensation to Kuwait, diplomats say. Iraq still owes $11 billion and has said it expects to pay by 2015.

There are still a range of Chapter 7 issues imposed on Baghdad after Saddam's ouster in 2003, diplomats say, including the freeze and return of Saddam-era assets and trade ban on stolen Iraqi cultural property.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has recommended that the U.N. political mission in Iraq should take responsibility for facilitating the search for missing Kuwaitis, or their remains, property and the country's national archives.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/27/us-iraq-kuwait-un-idUSBRE95Q0V720130627

• Upvote 1

So are they not completely out?

The only issues linked to Iraq's invasion of Kuwait that remain under Chapter 7 are an arms embargo and Baghdad's payment of $52 billion in compensation to Kuwait, diplomats say. Iraq still owes $11 billion and has said it expects to pay by 2015.

There are still a range of Chapter 7 issues imposed on Baghdad after Saddam's ouster in 2003, diplomats say, including the freeze and return of Saddam-era assets and trade ban on stolen Iraqi cultural property.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has recommended that the U.N. political mission in Iraq should take responsibility for facilitating the search for missing Kuwaitis, or their remains, property and the country's national archives.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/27/us-iraq-kuwait-un-idUSBRE95Q0V720130627

Ya, from the same article:

The 15-member council unanimously agreed that the issue of missing Kuwaiti people, property and archives should be dealt with under Chapter 6 of the U.N. Charter - which urges countries to peacefully resolve any conflicts - instead of Chapter 7.

So they agreed that the issue of missing people shouldn't keep them from being removed from chpt 7, i didn't see it say they were.  Although Rueters is not the only source of info, I just find it odd too.

***///

anybody clear on if there were any conditional terms left in place....?

'cause those could put an RV further out there for us...

it's not an "all-or-nothing" situation, y'know.

Sgt, Zebari said "let it be understood we have fulfilled all of the mandated requirements to be moved from chapter seven to six, according to the requirements of the UNSC and Kuwait, and we will continue on a path of maintaining these requirements."  (paraphrasing, but that's what I remember him saying).

http://webtv.un.org/live-now/watch/security-council-media-stakeout-iraq-and-kuwait-middle-east/2179486580001

Probably not uploaded yet...but here's the link.

Thank-you for providing the link Pacmen, that was interesting and exciting. I'm more interested in watching this kind of thing verses reading about it, just something about watching and reading someones face.

Alright... hopefully this is a completely and financially done deal soon!  :twothumbs:

Yw Lawrence....Wishing for the best for Iraq....Great things in store for the future!

• Upvote 1

chapter 7 is gone .. it takes alot to impose chapter 7 on a country .. its over for iraq .. they are just like any other country now

they can hang up the phone on the us now .

they can answer their phone ...mikes pizza ..can i help you .. and say wrong number .. this is mikes pizza

chapter 7 is gone .. it takes alot to impose chapter 7 on a country .. its over for iraq .. they are just like any other country now

they can hang up the phone on the us now .

they can answer their phone ...mikes pizza ..can i help you .. and say wrong number .. this is mikes pizza

HeeHEE

***///

Ta', TBOMB....  :tiphat:  we'll give it a perusal....

Just that we hope we do not have to wait until 2015 is all.....

I know what you mean Sarge, but the 11 billion was not addressed in that speech from what I could hear.  I was too excited to listen attentively after the vote..lol.

They're still under sanctions, just "looser" requirements.  And they've signed the SFA, they still have play nice..lol.

Edited by TBomb
  • Upvote 3