Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Stryker Blog Update .. 06/24/2013

ronscarpa

Stryker Blog Update .. 24 June 2013

Interesting weekend and I believe it will only get more so, as we get closer to the UN Security Council Meeting, their vote on Iraq's release from Chapter VII on Thursday the 27th and to the start of the second half of 2013.

Yesterday there were a few articles that stated parliament would not return until July 2nd and many more that just said they will return next Tuesday (tomorrow). Confusing, yes but not unexpected coming from Iraqi news sources, Parliaments is in fact working today as you can see in this quote:

*** Parliament welcomed the various blocks Monday

And its article: Parliament welcomed the amendment of the law and criticism of the State of law to withdraw from yesterday's meeting LINK

Does this mean that they will return tomorrow, not sure but you can bet we will be watching to see, my guess would be yes.

OK, Friday and Saturday were as equally confusing with articles stating that Sunday was the next Parliament session and then articles like these (Deputy citizen Abdul Hussein abtan block: blocks agreed to include the law criminalizing the Baath Party meeting next Monday) that stated that Monday was.

As everyone can see Sunday was in fact their session and in fact they are meeting today as well but don't confuse a session with a meeting. LINK

So as far as the articles yesterday that said they would not return until July 2nd, let’s say we can only assume that they have their facts wrong or we are losing something in translation when they talk about that date or they are talking about a meeting and not a session. Here is the quote:

*** decided to adjourn the meeting until the day Tuesday, 02.07.2013 ... "MEETING"

Or this one:

*** and provide financial and legal committees than raise its second next July. .... "COMMITTEES"

Articles: House of Representatives raises its to early next month after the vote on the amendment of the law governorates not organized province and finished re LINK

I myself am looking for a day of celebration in Iraq on June 27th if the UN releases Iraqi from all sanctions and that all the demonstrator’s start celebrating along the sides of all the Iraqi citizens.

Will all the laws be passed by the end of the month, no but I really believe the ones that are not, will be and they have already signed agreements to do so. This speculation comes from reading hundreds of articles this last week but I could be completely wrong as well but I really don’t think so.

Just because our U.S. House of Representatives are not in a session in the house does not mean that they are not there working in their offices or in meetings with their own parties or with each other folks.

Too many people are assuming that the Iraqi Parliament only works when they are in session but that would be 100% wrong, they work every day that they are not in session as our own government works.

The only time that they don't is when they are on holiday breaks or they are between legislative sessions.

On my Saturday’s broadcast I went over the Parliament sessions according to the Iraqi constitutional outline. Their 8 month legislative sessions are broken into two yearly legislative terms, the first starts March 1st and ends June 30th, the second starts September 1st and ends December 31st, every year.

You can bet that they are working very hard this week, can everything get done that they need done, well that part we just need to wait to see but rest assured that they are working harder knowing that they can see Chapter VII as part of their past.

I will go over more of this on my broadcast this evening.

Now can we wake tomorrow to no Parliament in a session or voting, sure but you can bet that they are there working like today.

Let us watch for an agenda today to try and confirm a session tomorrow, like I said, it will only get more interesting as we get closer to Chapter VII release and all the sanctions that go with it.

Have a great Monday everyone, Stryker

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1