Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ban Ki-Moon calls on UNSC to end Iraq C7 next week.

Luigi1

Here's the article:

Ban calls for end to Saddam-era sanctions against Iraq
byAFP 
June 18, 2013 , 7 : 39 pm

UN leader Ban Ki-moon on Tuesday called for the end of the threat of sanctions against Iraq for its 1990 invasion of Kuwait amid a significant thaw between the neighbors.

Ban said both governments have shown "statesmanship and respect" in healing the scars of the invasion that led to the creation of an international coalition to expel Saddam Hussein's forces.

"The command ground attained by Iraq and Kuwait regarding the issues of missing Kuwaiti persons and property is a significant achievement, signalling a new level of trust and a fresh chapter in the relations between the two neighboring countries," Ban said in a report to the UN Security Council.

He called on the 15-nation council to lift the threat of sanctions or force under Chapter VII of the UN Charter. The council is to discuss the Iraq-Kuwait regime next week.

Iraq has so far paid about $30 billion of the $41 billion in war reparations it was ordered to hand over for the seven month occupation which ended in 1991. Iraq hopes to complete the payments in 2015.

Regular flights between Baghdad and Kuwait started this year and Kuwait's Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Mubarak al-Sabah went on a surprise one day visit to Baghdad last week in a key sign of the thaw.

Kuwait is maintaining demands that Iraq account for more than 600 Kuwaitis who went missing in the conflict. The remains of 236 have so far been found. It is also demanding efforts by Iraq to return national treasures and archives.

But the Kuwaiti government has agreed to an end to the UN sanctions threat ordered in Security Council resolution 661 passed in 1990.

Ban said the unsolved cases of missing people "continue to cause suffering to the bereaved families." But he added that Iraq has shown "commendable commitment" to resolving the cases.

"Should the Security Council agree with my recommendations, Iraq will exit Chapter VII with regard to this file and and will be one step closer to restoring its standing priority to resolution 661."

Saba Khalid al Hamad as-Sabah, Kuwait's foreign minister and deputy prime minister, supported Ban's call in a letter to the United Nations.

Some folks say that Iraq has to be out of CH7 to RV, others say no. This is just a waiting game. Hopefully they will get their butts in gear and pay off the remaining 11 billion before 2015. Thanks for the post...

Here's the article:

Ban calls for end to Saddam-era sanctions against Iraq

byAFP 

June 18, 2013 , 7 : 39 pm

UN leader Ban Ki-moon on Tuesday called for the end of the threat of sanctions against Iraq for its 1990 invasion of Kuwait amid a significant thaw between the neighbors.

Ban said both governments have shown "statesmanship and respect" in healing the scars of the invasion that led to the creation of an international coalition to expel Saddam Hussein's forces.

"The command ground attained by Iraq and Kuwait regarding the issues of missing Kuwaiti persons and property is a significant achievement, signalling a new level of trust and a fresh chapter in the relations between the two neighboring countries," Ban said in a report to the UN Security Council.

He called on the 15-nation council to lift the threat of sanctions or force under Chapter VII of the UN Charter. The council is to discuss the Iraq-Kuwait regime next week.

Iraq has so far paid about $30 billion of the $41 billion in war reparations it was ordered to hand over for the seven month occupation which ended in 1991. Iraq hopes to complete the payments in 2015.

Regular flights between Baghdad and Kuwait started this year and Kuwait's Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Mubarak al-Sabah went on a surprise one day visit to Baghdad last week in a key sign of the thaw.

Kuwait is maintaining demands that Iraq account for more than 600 Kuwaitis who went missing in the conflict. The remains of 236 have so far been found. It is also demanding efforts by Iraq to return national treasures and archives.

But the Kuwaiti government has agreed to an end to the UN sanctions threat ordered in Security Council resolution 661 passed in 1990.

Ban said the unsolved cases of missing people "continue to cause suffering to the bereaved families." But he added that Iraq has shown "commendable commitment" to resolving the cases.

"Should the Security Council agree with my recommendations, Iraq will exit Chapter VII with regard to this file and and will be one step closer to restoring its standing priority to resolution 661."

Saba Khalid al Hamad as-Sabah, Kuwait's foreign minister and deputy prime minister, supported Ban's call in a letter to the United Nations.

Thanks. What makes this story hot is you now have the UN Sec Gen Ban Ki-Moon calling for the end of C7. Before it was just Kuwait & a hand full of other countries.

• Upvote 3

Still needs to be voted on by the members of the security council.

That shouldn't be a problem. The only objection may be Russia but it can be paid off or bribed to go along.

Why is this in the rumors section?

Everything is a rumor until I have the cash in my hand walking out of the bank.

• Upvote 2

this just might get completed by june 27 th after all ,, very cool in deed !!  I just hope the rise of dinar will be right on their heals ,,, bammm chapter7 , and bam dinar values above zero ......  we are now --------> keeping a closer eye on progress  :peace:

I guess when it comes to Iraq and everything surrounding Iraq, it gets more difficult to figure out what you can actually call the" truth " . . . especially when it comes from the UN. Not putting a knock on you Bigwave, your right of course.

Just this roller coaster ride has more turns & twists in it than a sidewinder snake. Had my fair share of whiplash with this bunch O' sand monkeys.

• Upvote 2

this just might get completed by june 27 th after all ,, very cool in deed !!  I just hope the rise of dinar will be right on their heals ,,, bammm chapter7 , and bam dinar values above zero ......  we are now --------> keeping a closer eye on progress  :peace:

If we wake up in the morning to find that Parliament voted on the loading of the smart cards then we will know HCL & RV are not too far behind.

Sleep tight tonight...your RV is hard at work for you.

I guess when it comes to Iraq and everything surrounding Iraq, it gets more difficult to figure out what you can actually call the" truth " . . . especially when it comes from the UN. Not putting a knock on you Bigwave, your right of course.

Just this roller coaster ride has more turns & twists in it than a sidewinder snake. Had my fair share of whiplash with this bunch O' sand monkeys.

You bet. When the roller coaster comes to a complete stop & safety bar is up, then we exit the ride.

• Upvote 2

Iraq briefed permanent members on a new resolution position out of CHAPTER VII

19-06-2013

Twilight news, the Foreign Ministry announced Wednesday, informed the five permanent members of the Security Council on Iraq's stance on a new resolution on the removal of Chapter VII.

According to a statement issued by the Ministry of nhasalt "Twilight", "Minister of Foreign Affairs Hoshyar Zebari met today with the ambassadors of the five permanent members of the Security Council accredited in Baghdad, the Deputy Representative of the United Nations (UNAMI) in Iraq, to brief them on Iraq's attitude and vision for the ongoing deliberations of the Council in a new resolution on Iraq out of Chapter VII."

The statement quoted Zebari reaffirmed "the importance of being clear and explicit new resolution on Iraq to fulfill its international obligations as set out in Security Council resolutions on the Iraqi-Kuwaiti relations".

The Minister expressed "the Government's appreciation of the positions of all the five permanent members and the support of both Iraq and Kuwait to resolve the remaining issues by the confrontational State of Kuwait invasion".

Iraq and Kuwait had agreed last week after Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah to Baghdad for an official visit, accompanied by several Ministers and officials, to resolve outstanding issues between the two sides, while the Iraqi Government confirmed that the UN Security Council will meet late this month and issued a decree which transferred Iraq from Chapter VII to chapter VI.

The Office of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, on Thursday, the last received a call from United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and several are working on removing Iraq from under Chapter VII.

The first actual steps to finish the outstanding issues between the two sides when they reached an agreement last year under which ended the crisis over Kuwait Airways.

Major step in marking the border between the two sides and the regulation of maritime traffic between the parties over the Arabian Gulf.

It does not have any interest on hide the remains of lkoitin missing since the invasion she sought as part of its efforts to search the remains of tens of thousands of Iraqis have died in the time of the former regime and were buried in mass graves.

Read more: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sotaliraq.com%2Fmobile-news.php%3Fid%3D105136

THANKS

This just in. The Tariff Bill was one of the items approved in Parliament, yesterday. From Frank's update. The Tariff Bill is more crucial than C7 or Erbil.

The Tariff Bill means the IQD will be a int'l currency, soon. Iraq will join the IMF. You can't become a member without a tradable currency with value. We are there, folks. Just waiting on the protocol & pats on the backs.

• Upvote 2

That was the same question I was going to ask..while at the same time there is an article in Dinar News section written by an independent agency that states their opinions..and speculates that the US and Great Britian (I believe) have the ultimate control over the final say..or (pen) on the CH 7 release! We need to put these articles where they belong... Just because something has a link...doesn't mean its a credible source!! Okie has a link...and I don't even need to expand on his credibility!!! LOL!! God Bless each of you!!

I agree jeep....there is so much happening right now...and if we went by what was established in the "10 year plan"..then we should indeed see everything explode in one great big "boom"!!!! CH 7, major exchange rate increase, everything at once!! After all... This makes the most sense in terms of secrecie on what they are truly up to!!! I for one, am expecting a major "Suddenly" on or before the 27th! God Bless!!

Sounds like Ban Ki-moon has a closet full of dinar tucked away and is wanting an rv too. Come on Ban K, where are you, is it you Jeepguy, Luigi? I know you're here somewhere. No really, thank you guys for keeping all of us informed on the issues concerning this investment. You guys ROCK!!

This just in. The Tariff Bill was one of the items approved in Parliament, yesterday. From Frank's update. The Tariff Bill is more crucial than C7 or Erbil.

The Tariff Bill means the IQD will be a int'l currency, soon. Iraq will join the IMF. You can't become a member without a tradable currency with value. We are there, folks. Just waiting on the protocol & pats on the backs.

You sure the tariff bill means a tradeable currency? Can't it just mean dollars or foreign exchange?

Sounds like Ban Ki-moon has a closet full of dinar tucked away and is wanting an rv too. Come on Ban K, where are you, is it you Jeepguy, Luigi? I know you're here somewhere. No really, thank you guys for keeping all of us informed on the issues concerning this investment. You guys ROCK!!

ahmmmm ,,, I can`t reply just yet,, in new York with the sub committee`s  :D