Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What alterior motive or agenda could someone have telling you not to buy Dinar?

Okay so someone else made an interesting thread talking about people who are positive about the DInar and pumpers as well as people who are pessimistic or negative about the Dinar.

I was just wondering. I can understand someone saying a pumper has an alterior motive ie if they are a dealer say hey it's gonna revalue tomorrow maybe it will stir up some business and get people buying dinar again.

What possible agenda could someone being negative about the Dinar have? I have seen other people say pessimistic things and even said pessimistic things myself and heard people say things like you want to get rich but nobody else to get rich.

I can't see any reason for someone to try to convince someone else not to buy dinar besides them thinking its not a smart thing to do. NObody has anything to gain by someoen else not buying Dinar.

Always thought this was interesting and wondered why people think anyone who says anything negative has anything to gain by telling someone not to buy or by being pessimistic. On the other hand I can see a motive behind a pumper.

• Upvote 1

Simple,  they have no faith in it.  

The same friend that got me into the dinars has now lost hope,she has become very negative about it.

Now thinks it's possible that it is a scam. So every time I've tried to explain to her all the positive info that we're getting she brushes it off.

I've stop trying. I guess I'll just be letting her know when it RV's.

I always have had a very strong gut feeling about this from the very beginning. And I guess thats what has kept me going all these 9 years.

But simply put I just have FAITH.

• Upvote 2

It's hard to read the motives of other people, especially those we don't know, have never met, but there seems to be two broad categories of people who might give that advice. The first are those who really don't feel comfortable themselves with an investment that many people consider to be speculation, so they advise everyone else to avoid such investments. Some of these people are truly frightened about this, and their automatic response is negative. They mean no ill will, but this is not the kind of investment they would consider for themselves, and thus, they advise all others against it. And to be honest, I hear from various sources that there really has never been an investment quitie like this one, which tells us that anything could happen, so it may be wise adivise to avoid buying dinar. Of course, I don't believe that, myself, which is why I have a substantial amount of money tied up in my own dinar.

The other kind of people who might do this are those who may simply want to keep others away from a once-in-a-lifetime chance.  They are not interested in others doing what they are afraid to do, or perhaps have risked more than they should have in dinar, and they think it's ok for them to take this chance, but not ok for others to do so because they want to protect them.  And the reasons they may think this are too numerous to count.  However, to them this is simply a risky venture, right down there with buying a very expensive lottery ticket, and they know the almost non-existent chances of winning substantially from one of those. The two are not the same at all, but that is how they see it.

Then there are others whose motives I can't discern.  There are lots of advisors; ergo, lots of motives. But as I looked at the two major kinds of people I saw who might do this, I realized that they basically have much in common. Some of them are acting like a very protective parent and want to spare their "child" disappointment if it doesn't work out.  And others are afraid themselves, and they don't want you to win if they are afraid to even try. So to your question, there are really too many reasons--in fact, as many reasons as there are people. 

IMO- Some folks that are negative DO have an agenda. There are those that jumped in quick without doing their homework, thinking they would get rich overnight just like the majority of us. Then as time went by, some decided to research economics, currencies, & monetary policies and now are "gurus" on the subjects. Some profess to be or are involved in currencies/trading.They originally DID listen to the "gurus" and now loathe them.Blaming them for their decision making. Some folks would call this" buyers remorse". I have a golfing buddy that is a professor of psychology at a college here in the ATL. He and his wife were over at the house one night about six months ago and after a couple of Cape Cods he & I started talking and I mentioned this investment, it's crazy ride and cast of characters. I let him read a few posts from "LOPsters" ,he laughed and shook his head quite a bit. His 1st reaction was "sounds like spoiled milk to me" & 2nd response was a familiar one "why don't they just move on?", I laughed. As far as  "pumpers", a term that is now thrown around more than rice at a wedding & "reverse pumpers" ( a LOPster that continues day in day out to repeat the same jargin at nausea and changes his name frequently) they both CAN be compensated for driving up traffic for a particular site. Both sides have agendas IMO and they're based on greed & ego.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I know a gal who is ALWAYS saying negative things on the Dinar, but the truth is she is unable to save money to purchase any dinar for herself, so it is an excuse (IMO). I know that when this thing is shown to be profitable, she will be the first to ask for a handout. I promise she will not get any from me.

• Upvote 2

Financial gain is always a reason for people to lie, but in the absence of that reason there are plenty more.

I think anyway, that the vast majority of the pumpers and dumpers that troll the dinar sites just do it out of boredom and the feeling they get knowing they just got one over on a another unsuspecting dinarian weather it an ego thing or just another guru god trip.

I'd say most of the (unwanted) noise on the dinar sites is made by a hand full of people using many different profiles on different sites, have you ever read through some of the guru chat log's and thought that it sounded like the same person having the whole chat with themselves even though there maybe 5 or 6 apparently different people posting.

or even where all these never heard from before GURU's pop up from ..... so soon after one makes a huge claim of an RV and they all back him up from there secret sources lol. it's all the same person!!

I pay no attention anymore

• Upvote 2

lets see i sell them 200 dollars over rate  and buy them back  50 dollars under rate .. then sell them again for 200 over rate .. and just keep doing it ..you pay the shipping.....

ya leave out all the middle man in the middle east .. and have your own  little dinar business

no one knows who anyone really is .just screen names ,, my dinars will sit in my bank deposit box tll the cows come home .. or a drop dead  date to exchange them .. or a nice exchange rate at my bank

I have a friend who only knew about the dinar because I told her so she would have the option to do it too, but to her it was simply too risky. For a while she kept telling me that she and her husband had absolutely no money saved and no retirement account.  But then she slipped one day and said they had a "decent" amount saved for their retirement. She asks me about the dinar every time I see her, and then, every time, she says the same thing, that if she got money "like that" she would help her friends because she believes in helping other people. Finally a couple weeks ago, she said this to me again, and I finally told her that this is not just something I did so I could make a little "extra" cash, that I plan to live on it, and giving it away would be like giving away my retirement savings, and besides, I said, I don't believe in taking such a risk at my age so I can help other people who won't take that risk for themselves, and that, other than helping my kids and some special organizations, the only other thing I planned to do with this money is to kick back and enjoy a comfortable life with no money worries for a change. She has only called me once since then, so I don't know if I'll hear from her much now.  And if not, frankly that's ok.  I like her, but I am not going to share my money with her after I took all the risk, and she refused to do it. And she has the advantage of being at least 10 years younger than me and has a husband who is still working.

• Upvote 2

I call it the Hall Monitor Syndrome. Some people find meaning in their lives by "saving people" from exceding what they consider prudent or proper behavior. They see themselves as noble and selfless but petty control feeds their ego.

For them speculating on the dinar is the equivalent of roller skating in the hallway with scissors in both hands.

Outside of actual articles ....90% of the "intel" / information that is posted at all dinar sites and then re-posted at the other dinar sites is at best incorrect and mostly flat out lies...yet this information is considered good and positive...yet anyone who doesn't agree with it is considered negative and should leave....it's better with balance.

• Upvote 2

I have a friend who only knew about the dinar because I told her so she would have the option to do it too, but to her it was simply too risky. For a while she kept telling me that she and her husband had absolutely no money saved and no retirement account.  But then she slipped one day and said they had a "decent" amount saved for their retirement. She asks me about the dinar every time I see her, and then, every time, she says the same thing, that if she got money "like that" she would help her friends because she believes in helping other people. Finally a couple weeks ago, she said this to me again, and I finally told her that this is not just something I did so I could make a little "extra" cash, that I plan to live on it, and giving it away would be like giving away my retirement savings, and besides, I said, I don't believe in taking such a risk at my age so I can help other people who won't take that risk for themselves, and that, other than helping my kids and some special organizations, the only other thing I planned to do with this money is to kick back and enjoy a comfortable life with no money worries for a change. She has only called me once since then, so I don't know if I'll hear from her much now.  And if not, frankly that's ok.  I like her, but I am not going to share my money with her after I took all the risk, and she refused to do it. And she has the advantage of being at least 10 years younger than me and has a husband who is still working.

i WONDER IF WE HAVE THE SAME "FRIEND" LOL