Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq to finish Kuwait war reparations in 2015

rico1

I Don't know what this means or if it has been posted before, but I foud this while reading the GULF NEWS here in Kuwait City Iraq to finish Kuwait war reparations in 2015

Kuwait has received about $30 billion in war reparations

• AFP
  • Published: 15:50 May 31, 2013
  • 3510741613.gif

Baghdad: Iraq estimates that it will complete reparations payments to neighbouring Kuwait in 2015 for Saddam Hussain’s 1990 invasion, Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari said Thursday.

Kuwait has received about $30 billion in war reparations, out of about $41 billion, a figure decided by a United Nations body after Iraqi troops were driven out of Kuwait in 1991 following a seven-month occupation.

Baghdad pays 5% of its oil and gas revenue into a special UN fund that pays the compensation.

“If we continue at this pace, I think that in 2015, after paying all the war compensation, Iraq will be completely removed from Chapter 7,” Zebari said at a news conference in Baghdad.

He was referring to a section of the UN charter which allows for sanctions ranging from economic measures to an arms embargo.

Iraq and Kuwait have in recent months been taking steps to resolve long-standing disagreements, including asking the UN to start repairing border markers and working to reach a settlement on a dispute between the two countries’ state-run airlines.

http://gulfnews.com/news/region/iraq/iraq-to-finish-kuwait-war-reparations-in-2015-1.1190919

• Upvote 1

We know most of what is in this article, not sure if this one's been posted, but the 11 billion needs to be paid now, not later.  I think it would help their case.  But, then can't remember if investment is any part of that.  Either way end of June we will know more exactly where they are heading.  That's just my opinion, and it's worth nothing but food for thought.

Hope this Help...Iraq is seeking to emerge from Chapter VII imposed on it since the nineties of the last century, where pay under the sanctions imposed on it 5 percent of the total oil revenues to Kuwait as compensation established by the United Nations under this chapter as Iraq has met its obligations to pay 41 billion dollars to Kuwait in compensation for war Iraq and Kuwait which paid for the Iraqi people as a result of the policy of the former regime reckless where is this amount significant than the impact on the size of fiscal revenue that comes to Iraq annually. 
said a member of the Finance Committee MP Haitham al-Jubouri "morning" that the last remaining of indebtedness of Kuwait will end in 2014/2015 noting that the money deducted from the investment budget and operational should take advantage of them in the areas of serving the country's economy a proposal to establish a fund called Fund "Development of generations," which is a box placed by the amounts that were deducted for indebtedness Kuwait amounting to 5 percent of the total oil revenue after repayment plus additional amounts Other turning to the fund intended to benefit future generations in the future. 

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/150957-to-extend-the-protection-of-iraqi-funds-abroad/#ixzz2WLP9CHNP

• Upvote 1