Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

redenominated banknotes slated for July 2013

Am I actually the only one here that clearly sees the word, redenominated , as simply

stating that these new notes simply have a lower denomination or number on them? 

Instead of value to them. Come on peeps work with me here,

The Iraqi Government formed a Committee to set the value of the Iraqi dinar

2013-06-10

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/150997-the-iraqi-government-formed-a-committee-to-set-the-value-of-the-iraqi-dinar/#ixzz2Vw9q6H2B

The topic article tells us the notes are, and have been for a while, printed.

The second one tells us that the powers that be in Iraq are to determine the value. 

Why is it that some just don't want to see what is plainly before there eyes.

I see it the same way you do

I don't see them

what day in july are they supposed to be out ?

i heard this was canciled last september.. but if it was smoke .. and you expected them .. was it supposed to be on the 1st of july ?

what day are you thinking they should be  out if it says july ?thats a whole month . it just started ..

dont get me wrong .. i dont see them either . but should we give them the entire month .. or call it now ?

clown

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

Redenominated banknotes? Um...

Why are we all cheering this?!

Perhaps because re denominated small bank notes suggests that, should the IQD go close to parity with the dollar...ya don't want to carry around 10k or 25k bills...you want 1, 5, 10, 20 and 50 dinar notes to buy groceries with.

Makes sense to me...the large notes we know could be used for big business transactions, but more than likely they will be called in and destroyed in due course.

My ?uestion may be stupid, but here goes!  What happens to our dinars that have large denominations???? Will we have a chance to exchange it????? I purchased my dinar directly from the bank while in Iraq back in 2005!  It's the post Saddam dinar , withouut his face! I have 1 million in extremely large denomnations and the rest I think is in 10,000 denominations!!!!! Somebody HELP!!!!!!!!!!

My ?uestion may be stupid, but here goes!  What happens to our dinars that have large denominations???? Will we have a chance to exchange it????? I purchased my dinar directly from the bank while in Iraq back in 2005!  It's the post Saddam dinar , withouut his face! I have 1 million in extremely large denomnations and the rest I think is in 10,000 denominations!!!!! Somebody HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Either way it goes they will honor them.  Don't worry.

• Upvote 1

Well, it would suck if they straight up RD's and we're left with gobs of lopped bills.  However, the US used to have large denominations, such as the $1000 bill from 1918.  It's still honored at face value if you turn it in...sometimes MORE!  We can only hope it will be the same case with the IQD.

Well, it would suck if they straight up RD's and we're left with gobs of lopped bills.  However, the US used to have large denominations, such as the $1000 bill from 1918.  It's still honored at face value if you turn it in...sometimes MORE!  We can only hope it will be the same case with the IQD.

It will they stated it yesterday.

what day in july are they supposed to be out ?

i heard this was canciled last september.. but if it was smoke .. and you expected them .. was it supposed to be on the 1st of july ?

what day are you thinking they should be out if it says july ?thats a whole month . it just started ..

dont get me wrong .. i dont see them either . but should we give them the entire month .. or call it now ?

clown

Thanks

Remember, the closer we all get to an RV there is always going to be someone trying to scare you so that you sell yours before the RV actually happens!!  That's my :twocents: about it!!!

GO RV!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1