Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

redenominated banknotes slated for July 2013

Where my fib at? I love you bro, say something funny about this situation.

Lol

He's in the tank.

So guys, this is simple - it could mean either one, RD or RV. Its meaning is "ambiguous" a pretty word meaning it could be defined as either way, equally.  They could be the new LDs for an RV or they could be the LDs for an RD with new notes all around and we're left with TP or they could RD and allow exchange of 1000 IQD for the 1 New Dinar. 

That is why they can cover their real intentions. It's always been this way - it's intentionally maddening, so no one can know. Just relax and wait for it....SUDDENLY

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Exactly. This is not good, but all the "gurus" will tell you it is! I had my doubts when I got in this "investment" (sheeez 7 years ago). I'm just glad I didn't buy much.

Neither did you post very much on the subject either with 6 replies.

Yup. Not what we want.

THEY ARE FILLS though.....that is what Kuwait did.  Have no fear, the RV is here.

Yea, just adding bills......the US did that....just added to the series. Not a redenomination......

Couldn't agree with you more.  An ambiguous article but there is a glimmer.

They aren't going to say an RV anyways because that is a National Security issue plus an international security fraud issue. No one is suppose to know about a true RV otherwise the world would be rich not just select few plus speculators like us.

• Upvote 1

Iraq discloses designs for redenominated banknotes slated for July 2013

Jul 21, 2012 08:17 AM Category: Middle East

According to Iraq's semi-official Alsabaah newspaper, the finance committee received specimens of the new Iraq banknotes from the Central Bank of Iraq. The specimens were of the 25, 50, 100, and 200 dinars. The committee urged the central bank to delay the introduction of the new currency from January 2013 to July 2013 to study all the aspects of the process.

Other Iraqi media reports state that the new currency will be issued in denominations of 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, and 200 dinars for banknotes and 25, 50, 100, 250, and 500 fils, plus 1 and 2 dinars for coins. The designs have been already chosen for banknotes and coins:

5 dinars: Beck waterfall and palm tree

10 dinars: dinar coin minted in the reign of the Umayyad dynasty and lighthouse Hadba in Mosul

25 dinars: King Hammurabi receiving the law and farming of Iraqi Kurdistan

50 dinars: King Codaa and Fort Ukhaydir

100 dinars: Central Bank building in Azwaip area in Baghdad and ziggurat

200 dinars: bridge and school

Courtesy of Mosab K. Ibrahim.

http://www.banknotenews.com/files/e6aeb4a9a73b43af93fb33b73f0c705d-2193.php

According to Iraq's semi-official Alsabaah newspaper, the finance committee received specimens of the new Iraq banknotes from the Central Bank of Iraq. The specimens were of the 25, 50, 100, and 200 dinars. The committee urged the central bank to delay the introduction of the new currency from January 2013 to July 2013 to study all the aspects of the process.

Other Iraqi media reports state that the new currency will be issued in denominations of 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, and 200 dinars for banknotes and 25, 50, 100, 250, and 500 fils, plus 1 and 2 dinars for coins. The designs have been already chosen for banknotes and coins:

10 dinars: dinar coin minted in the reign of the Umayyad dynasty and lighthouse Hadba in Mosul

Courtesy of Mosab K. Ibrahim.

http://www.banknotenews.com/files/e6aeb4a9a73b43af93fb33b73f0c705d-2193.php

Yes, but this article came out on July 21, 2012 which was last year, they could have changed their minds by now.  We will just have to wait and see

Yeah, 11 months ago a few government guys were probably ripping some tunes in the garage, drinking beer and eating pork rinds, and decided to change their monetary policy for an entire country.  I wonder if they called the IMF to let them know?  The least they could do is invite them to the next garage session.

Yea, just adding bills......the US did that....just added to the series. Not a redenomination.....

isnt that what iraqs doing  just adding bills ..lower denominations .. i guess with a deadline for exchange .. but does that mean the cbi is eliminating those dinars or just ending public use of them . if they say they are demonetized after the exchange period ..then yep .. your right .

the usa added a 2 dollar bill .. then they stopped  that i believe .its just another denomination of the currency

i believe theres more to this .. i think theres more to the inclusion of  the kurdish language than people acknowlege .

they already had the deigns .. but were rejected because of non inclusion of kurdish language on them .. shabbs said that was only a small change in the numbers portion of the notes ..

NeedRv, on 11 Jun 2013 - 3:03 PM, said:snapback.png

Its just the design process.... going to take another 2 years to actually come out with the bills.... but i'm all for a RV NOW!!!!!!!!

GO RV HurRV

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/151000-redenominated-banknotes-slated-for-july-2013/page-6#ixzz2WCcsh300

According to Iraq's semi-official Alsabaah newspaper, the finance committee received specimens of the new Iraq banknotes from the Central Bank of Iraq.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/151000-redenominated-banknotes-slated-for-july-2013/#ixzz2WCcRZ5FG

Edited by dontlop

they dont take 2 years to print ..i dont believe .but who knows ..

Tripoli, 3 February 2013:

The Central Bank of Libya (CBL) has announced that it will launch the new Libyan banknotes on the second anniversary of the 17 February Revolution. It had earlier announced that it would start issuing new Libyan banknotes as of 31 January.

The new notes have values of one, five, ten, twenty and fifty dinars. Apparently, the LD 50 notes, previously shelved to try and control the black economy, will now be issued. The total value of the new banknotes is understood to be LD 116 billion.

The Governor of the Central Bank, Saddek Elkaber, said yesterday that the new money had been printed in a record time of just ten months.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

they dont take 2 years to print ..i dont believe .but who knows ..

Tripoli, 3 February 2013:

The Central Bank of Libya (CBL) has announced that it will launch the new Libyan banknotes on the second anniversary of the 17 February Revolution. It had earlier announced that it would start issuing new Libyan banknotes as of 31 January.

The new notes have values of one, five, ten, twenty and fifty dinars. Apparently, the LD 50 notes, previously shelved to try and control the black economy, will now be issued. The total value of the new banknotes is understood to be LD 116 billion.

The Governor of the Central Bank, Saddek Elkaber, said yesterday that the new money had been printed in a record time of just ten months.

It only Took less than Six months they are done and have been done . Started in Sept of last year and finished at the end of December! They were ready to go out Jan 1st 2013 , but were asked to hold out till July

• Upvote 1

Redenominations are in the public domain, not a secret.

The ISO code for Zambia came out on 31st Aug, 4 months before the effective date. 

The Technical Guidelines were published in Sept., 3 months before the effective date

All the accounting software companies had to amend the software and have it tested by the end of Nov., one month before the effective date.

One thing you can bank on, there will not be a redenomination in Iraq anytime soon, AMN,ASN or any other imminent terminology.

• Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

According to Iraq's semi-official Alsabaah newspaper, the finance committee received specimens of the new Iraq banknotes from the Central Bank of Iraq. The specimens were of the 25, 50, 100, and 200 dinars.

Yes, VIZIOIRAQI, you beat me to the article, but if one conciders that 5 Dinars bills are being printed, then we are probably looking at a 1:1 or 5:1 Dinar/Dollar RV. I think a 1:1 is more realistic(hope) because of comodity prices there being higher. My two cents worth. :twocents:

Yes, VIZIOIRAQI, you beat me to the article, but if one conciders that 5 Dinars bills are being printed, then we are probably looking at a 1:1 or 5:1 Dinar/Dollar RV. I think a 1:1 is more realistic(hope) because of comodity prices there being higher. My two cents worth. :twocents:

He beat you by 2 weeks.  :rolleyes:

There are some pretty big dogs that are holding the same currency as ours. The chances that Iraq is just going to not accept all that currency in holding or only accept it as a lower denom doesn't make any fiscal sense to me.

There are some pretty big dogs that are holding the same currency as ours. The chances that Iraq is just going to not accept all that currency in holding or only accept it as a lower denom doesn't make any fiscal sense to me.

They said they will recognize in and out dinar.....yesterday.  

• Upvote 1

Why would you need a 5 Dinar note? Seriously. The value has to go up, other wise the 5 Dinar note is worthless.

It's not a redenomination, it's a revaluation really. Think about it.

WM13

That what I a thinking. So then it takes more dinar than it takes now...it has to RV but...it may be after it RD's?? I hope NOT!!!

Redenominated banknotes? Um...

Why are we all cheering this?!

You are right

Exactly. This is not good, but all the "gurus" will tell you it is! I had my doubts when I got in this "investment" (sheeez 7 years ago). I'm just glad I didn't buy much.

Correct- It says redenominated!  Which means the L OP!  This is NOT what we want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1