Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

redenominated banknotes slated for July 2013

Iraq discloses designs for redenominated banknotes slated for July 2013

Jul 21, 2012 08:17 AM Category: Middle East

According to Iraq's semi-official Alsabaah newspaper, the finance committee received specimens of the new Iraq banknotes from the Central Bank of Iraq. The specimens were of the 25, 50, 100, and 200 dinars. The committee urged the central bank to delay the introduction of the new currency from January 2013 to July 2013 to study all the aspects of the process.

Other Iraqi media reports state that the new currency will be issued in denominations of 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, and 200 dinars for banknotes and 25, 50, 100, 250, and 500 fils, plus 1 and 2 dinars for coins. The designs have been already chosen for banknotes and coins:

5 dinars: Beck waterfall and palm tree
10 dinars: dinar coin minted in the reign of the Umayyad dynasty and lighthouse Hadba in Mosul
25 dinars: King Hammurabi receiving the law and farming of Iraqi Kurdistan
50 dinars: King Codaa and Fort Ukhaydir
100 dinars: Central Bank building in Azwaip area in Baghdad and ziggurat
200 dinars: bridge and school

Courtesy of Mosab K. Ibrahim.

http://www.banknotenews.com/files/e6aeb4a9a73b43af93fb33b73f0c705d-2193.php

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

The committee urged the central bank to delay the introduction of the new currency from January 2013 to July 2013 to study all the aspects of the process.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/151000-redenominated-banknotes-slated-for-july-2013/#ixzz2Vw24rcGB

I truly believed that this was supposed to have been done in Jan. 

Lets hope they don't delay this again as I don't for one second believe 

that Iraq would withstand another delay. 

• Upvote 8

Its just the design process.... going to take another 2 years to actually come out with the bills.... but i'm all for a RV NOW!!!!!!!!

GO RV HurRV 

Actually it was started Sept of last year on design approval and printing a process of six months . The Money is Done and should have been out Jan 1st of this year . Many Articles in the forum to back that up!

• Upvote 9

Actually it was started Sept of last year on design approval and printing a process of six months . The Money is Done and should have been out Jan 1st of this year . Many Articles in the forum to back that up!

oh I know they were talking about it for a while (like everything else) but ok, I stand corrected.... but like I said I can go for a RV now if they want.... 

• Upvote 1

Because if lower value notes like 5, 10, 20 come out that means the rate has to rise ....... hopefully triple zero notes outside Iraq are taken at face value.....

Actually, it most likely means they will introduce a new currency code and wipe the slate clean, clearing any potential gains in value in favor of a per note exchange system, value neutral. That's how currency redenominations work, sadly.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

Am I actually the only one here that clearly sees the word, redenominated , as simply

stating that these new notes simply have a lower denomination or number on them? 

Instead of value to them. Come on peeps work with me here,

I thought it could just be a word and definition confusion as well, just simply saying the new notes have lower denominations, that they have been redenominated as in redesigned, not replaced, but...

It's too hard to stretch it to that extent.

:(