Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

sillyjilly

I rushed to judgement as well. I hope he or she is asking if they are safe.  I also hope they clarify so an apology can be made.

The question was, I believe, of concern for Dan's dinars, and the possibility that foul play could have been involved, and not intended to be as it was received.   I am glad to see that some are rethinking.  But it is hard to just let it be sometimes.  God Bless and keep us all.   My regards to all and

respect and appreciation to SWFG.  May he rest in peace.

• Upvote 2

The question was, I believe, of concern for Dan's dinars, and the possibility that foul play could have been involved, and not intended to be as it was received.   I am glad to see that some are rethinking.  But it is hard to just let it be sometimes.  God Bless and keep us all.   My regards to all and

respect and appreciation to SWFG.  May he rest in peace.

You are right...thanks :angel:

• Upvote 1

Carrello, You made me tear up again and my stomach feels sick...and then I smile again, then I feel a little angry for his loss of life at such a young age! He is in a beautiful place. We will just need to think on that.   Thanks for the post!  

Edited by abby01

Bumper, I am not sure if you wanted this posted here, but your option to delete if need be:

6-12-13 

The family of our friend SWFloridayGuy Dan has expressed to me that they just cannot handle a big memorial service as we can all understand but they have furnished me with several pictures and a comment that I will share with whomever would like to catch my Special Memorial Broadcast this Saturday at 12:00 noon CST right here on this webpage:

Please help and get the word out as Dan had so many that respected what he was and continues to do as this WebTV Show was a project launched because of him as well, I will explain this and more as :

The Life of SWFloridaGuy Dan!

A Special Memorial Broadcast for our Friend ...

********** I just needed to remove the links to another sites Blog **********

Edited by Bumper64
Removed Links
  • Upvote 4

Follow Me On This (Clown Logic - Could Get Messy) I Put The Top Quote In For Context

The Middle Quote Immediately Preceded The Last Quote

(I Didn't Count An Additional Quote With The Same Time Stamp As The Last Quote - I Also Edited Out The Last Line Of The Middle Quote Which Was Condolences To SWFG)

I Thought (After Reading The Last Quote A Second Time) That 'Peace' Might Of Been Asking In Reference To A Possible Crime.

I Checked His Profile And He Hasn't Been On Since Making The Post This Morning And Only Has 33 Posts Since Joining In 2009 - So I Don't Know If He (Or She) Will Be Coming Back On To Clarify What They Meant.

Why All Of A Sudden Do I Feel Like Umbertino For Offering Up A Possible Explanation For Someone Who Is Taking A Beating ? :blink:

:D :D :D

Ahhhh it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it!   

• Upvote 2

The first thought I had was what Carello said, but then I wondered if the person just wondered if he had been robbed. We do not know for sure, but their wording sure could have been phrased better to say the least. 

No matter what...we are all sad about this and do not want any trash talk. It is strange how being part of a site like this and just reading each others thoughts, opinions, etc...really do bind us together though we do not really know each other at all for the most part. 

It is a very tough world we live in. Everybody has a burden to carry...so be kind to each other.  

I have been comforted by reading all of your caring posts. It shows that deep inside...we all really do care.  That is a beautiful thing. So I think I will smile for just a minute at the thoughts of each of you! I can still hear Carrello (?spelling) saying "I love that man!" after she read a post of his. 

God bless you my DV friends! 

I appreciate  your post - thank  you for sharing your thoughts - it is difficult to always "correctly" perceive or understand what a person is saying and what  they  mean -- especially when there  are so few words to go on -  and without  any facial expression or body language to read -  Many folks' emotions are high  -  their  morale is low and  folks are just frustrated and hurting right now  - all of which can put folks on edge and on the defensive towards anyone and anything --

I hope for everyone that your pain is lessened and you can move forward with comfort & peace as you cherish the fond memories of SWFG and what he contributed to your life .and this forum .

Carrello - I posted earlier about the broadcast and also included a letter / note  to Stryker  from Dan's  dad   thanks  I am looking forward to it -

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/151119-swfloridaguy-special-memorial-broadcast-info/

• Upvote 1

I'm somehow reminded of something said by Rudyard Kipling said a long time ago ( and this may not be a verbatim quote, but close enough to carry my point) " Words are the most potent drug known" I have to agree. I think if nothing else, the passing of this member has admonished us one and all to take to heart that whatever we say or do in our lives can have a huge impact on those that perhaps we will never even know. " Noblese Oblige". Let us all think carefully of the words we print and those we speak, because when seen and read and spoken and heard, they can never be taken back. Dan's admonishment to us were his actions, and it behooves us all to try and emulate the civility and class he demonstrated every time he posted. So as we move forward in our own endeavors, let's remember another great, touching quote: ": to the world you may be just one person. But to one person, you may be the world".

• Upvote 4

I appreciate  your post - thank  you for sharing your thoughts - it is difficult to always "correctly" perceive or understand what a person is saying and what  they  mean -- especially when there  are so few words to go on -  and without  any facial expression or body language to read -  Many folks' emotions are high  -  their  morale is low and  folks are just frustrated and hurting right now  - all of which can put folks on edge and on the defensive towards anyone and anything --

I hope for everyone that your pain is lessened and you can move forward with comfort & peace as you cherish the fond memories of SWFG and what he contributed to your life .and this forum .Carrello - I posted earlier about the broadcast and also included a letter / note  to Stryker  from Dan's  dad   thanks  I am looking forward to it -

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/151119-swfloridaguy-special-memorial-broadcast-info/

Very well said Uneek, Thank you.

• Upvote 1

Bumper or any mods :)

Rayzur posted a very nice picture of Dan and just wondering if you can somehow put the picture on the very first page of this thread.  I think it would be nice so we can remember SWFG Dan the way he was on the picture.. happy,

Thanks 

• Upvote 3

I'm somehow reminded of something said by Rudyard Kipling said a long time ago ( and this may not be a verbatim quote, but close enough to carry my point) " Words are the most potent drug known" I have to agree. I think if nothing else, the passing of this member has admonished us one and all to take to heart that whatever we say or do in our lives can have a huge impact on those that perhaps we will never even know. " Noblese Oblige". Let us all think carefully of the words we print and those we speak, because when seen and read and spoken and heard, they can never be taken back. Dan's admonishment to us were his actions, and it behooves us all to try and emulate the civility and class he demonstrated every time he posted. So as we move forward in our own endeavors, let's remember another great, touching quote: ": to the world you may be just one person. But to one person, you may be the world".

“A mans reach cannot extend past his grip“(Fred Garvin)

• Upvote 1

Very good post ezra -  our words and our actions do have  an impact  on those that we interact with on a daily basis as well as those we pass on the street or in the store isles -  what we say or don't say  still  has  an impact  good or bad -  Our words and our actions can  be like a healing balm to a person or a poison that can rob their joy and bruise their spirit if they are weak or sensitive  without maturity and coping skills -- 

I was shocked  by a Britain's Got Talent show where a  young contestant shot  himself after being ridiculed  and made fun of on stage - yes he ran back stage and shot himself -- a tragedy - ( why did  he have  a gun?????)

WE just never know what may be going on in a person's life that may be weighing them down  - What possible good  can come from being unkind?

We have  control over the unspoken word - once spoken it has control  over us -  Choose wisely

• Upvote 2

Very good post ezra -  our words and our actions do have  an impact  on those that we interact with on a daily basis as well as those we pass on the street or in the store isles -  what we say or don't say  still  has  an impact  good or bad -  Our words and our actions can  be like a healing balm to a person or a poison that can rob their joy and bruise their spirit if they are weak or sensitive  without maturity and coping skills -- 

I was shocked  by a Britain's Got Talent show where a  young contestant shot  himself after being ridiculed  and made fun of on stage - yes he ran back stage and shot himself -- a tragedy - ( why did  he have  a gun?????)

WE just never know what may be going on in a person's life that may be weighing them down  - What possible good  can come from being unkind?

We have  control over the unspoken word - once spoken it has control  over us -  Choose wisely

Thank you. I applaud your insight!

Rayzur posted a very nice picture of Dan and just wondering if you can somehow put the picture on the very first page of this thread.  I think it would be nice so we can remember SWFG Dan the way he was on the picture.. happy,

Thanks 

Done!!  :twothumbs:  :twothumbs:

• Upvote 4

I remember last year reading a post by a SwFlguy on a oxycontin site advising a poster they had been scammed out of $400. I was on this site as a good friend had been taking them. I remember thinking it had to be another person and not our guy, although the OP was from south Fl. If you go to Bing.com and type in SwFlguy drugs and scroll down to Been Scammed you can read it. If this was the same guy than he had been battling for quite some time. I have been there and if it was our guy, who we all will miss, I feel his pain and understand the trauma he was facing. Keep in mind please it may not be the same person. Either way, he is missed!

• Upvote 1

I'm so very sad to read this news. Dan had such great insight and was willing to share his opinions as often as possible. He always responded to posters with respect, even when attacked. He will be missed here and is a great addition to our Heavenly home. I know most of us here are going to miss seeing his posts and were looking forward to the interviews he promised.

We all have a past, guys. Christ died on the cross so that we could repent of our sins and be forgiven. Once forgiven, our sins are forgotten. If anyone chooses to hold someone's past against them once repented of, the sin be on THEIR head, not the one forgiven. Tread lightly.

My prayers are to his family and friends. Losing your child, even as an adult, is unnatural and painful, a pain that Dan's parents will struggle to deal with for the rest of their lives. In time, the pain gets easier to bear, but it never goes away. Oh, how I wish it would.

For those who find it suspect that there is no obituary, it's not. My daughter, Heather, didn't have one published, either. Neither did my nephew who passed away 1 year ago 13 June 2012. She was 23, he was 21. Both of their Facebook pages were deleted. Hers by her father, his by his parents for privacy sake. Dan had a huge presence online and the family knows this, so they are likely trying to avoid as much of the media circus as possible, just as my brother-in-law and sister-in-law did. Nothing suspect there, just trying to have privacy during the most difficult time of their lives.

May our God comfort each of us as we struggle thru life, especially as we deal with the loss of our friend and virtual brother, Dan Huse.

Kia Kaha ~ Be Strong

• Upvote 5

I'm so very sad to read this news. Dan had such great insight and was willing to share his opinions as often as possible. He always responded to posters with respect, even when attacked. He will be missed here and is a great addition to our Heavenly home. I know most of us here are going to miss seeing his posts and were looking forward to the interviews he promised.

We all have a past, guys. Christ died on the cross so that we could repent of our sins and be forgiven. Once forgiven, our sins are forgotten. If anyone chooses to hold someone's past against them once repented of, the sin be on THEIR head, not the one forgiven. Tread lightly.

My prayers are to his family and friends. Losing your child, even as an adult, is unnatural and painful, a pain that Dan's parents will struggle to deal with for the rest of their lives. In time, the pain gets easier to bear, but it never goes away. Oh, how I wish it would.

For those who find it suspect that there is no obituary, it's not. My daughter, Heather, didn't have one published, either. Neither did my nephew who passed away 1 year ago 13 June 2012. She was 23, he was 21. Both of their Facebook pages were deleted. Hers by her father, his by his parents for privacy sake. Dan had a huge presence online and the family knows this, so they are likely trying to avoid as much of the media circus as possible, just as my brother-in-law and sister-in-law did. Nothing suspect there, just trying to have privacy during the most difficult time of their lives.

May our God comfort each of us as we struggle thru life, especially as we deal with the loss of our friend and virtual brother, Dan Huse.

Kia Kaha ~ Be Strong

Plus1. Well said.

• Upvote 1

Kia Kaha ~ Be Strong

I agree :) lets remember Dan the way we knew him : handsome, happy, intelligent, respectful

• Upvote 3

"My prayers are to his family and friends. Losing your child, even as an adult, is unnatural and painful, a pain that Dan's parents will struggle to deal with for the rest of their lives. In time, the pain gets easier to bear, but it never goes away. Oh, how I wish it would."

KiaKaha,  ( plus 1 )  your post was beautiful  and I so "KNOW" what you mean - I too sympathize with any parent that loses a child - there  aren't words adequate to describe the pain  -  and while one does continue forward with the help of God - you do not forget - So many things are constantly  triggering the memory, (and the pain) such as special events, holidays, birthdays, etc   - My son's birthday is approaching (June 24) and no doubt I will remember SWFG from now on and "especially" at this anniversary date along with my son -

Losing a child in their youth I find sooo much harder to deal with - so much more difficult to understand  why they were cheated

The picture  that  Rayzor  (thank you Rayzor +1) shared is beautiful  and is how  I will remember him - so very handsome with that beautiful smile -
  • Upvote 3

Understand what you're saying Thug, I didn't understand the context and I usually type before I think but I don't know this poster so I don't know their personality... it came off as harsh for sure but it could have been just wondering maybe was Dinars stolen or something I dunno but it did sound smart-a$$y for sure...

Agreed.

" Words are the most potent drug known"

End Quote

Ain't that right.....

Thanks 

Thanks.

Yes Uneek.. There's so many stories like that, unfortunately... Here in Italy a few months ago a young person ( around 16-17) committed suicide in Rome   as he was heavily made fun of on a daily basis at his school and also on social media  for  months for an alleged "charge" of homosexuality.He ended up killing himself. That's just not right. Some people are more than bad... They are cruel, insensitive with no feelings at all. I have no mercy for them, sorry.

Done!!  :twothumbs:  :twothumbs:

Thank you Bumper. Appreciated.

Yota, I dont have a clue how to PM anyone.  I still can't even figure how to send messages anymore.  Since the upgrade I am even more lost.  How do I PM?

Go to your profile page... On the left of page you'll find " profile feed". There you can read and send messages.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

I am feeling very numb and saddened by this tragic event. Today has been very surreal for me I have had really good news happen to me today and at the same time extremely sad news. I wish I could tell SWFG the positive events of today that have happened to me personally - I will never get that chance. RIP SWFG

If you have not done so already, please feel free to share your good news with the rest of us.  I am sure that many of us will rejoice with you, even while we continue to grieve the loss of one of the best among us. Fran

I keep reading what is written here.  I hope, wherever he is, that SWFloridaGuy now knows how much he was respected and valued here, and that he was even loved by many of us who have been here long enough to have come to know him.  Now we have learned that he had, at one time, chosen to turn his life around, and who among us doesn't have a history, a past of some sort, a time we would prefer not to recall ourselves. let alone have pulled from the drawer after we are gone and shared with others whose good opinions we had come to value? In that spirit, I have decided that I will only remember the kind, gentle, sharing, intelligent, and good-hearted SWFG I knew here, and will simply ignore anything about his life that he didn't choose, himself, to share with us. I will remember nothing about who he may have been in the past, a time when I didn't even know him. That is simply not my business to know. However, I will always remember with clarity, sadness, and great regard the man we truly miss, the good man he was in the view of those of us who were fortunate enough to know him here. Rest in Peace, Sweet Man. Go with God.

• Upvote 5