Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Maliki, Barzani said We have agreed on Article 140

IQD1217

09/06/2013 15:32:00
BAGHDAD / NINA / Prime Minister, Nuri al-Maliki said his current visit to Arbil was the focus of common interest to both sides as we opened all outstanding issues because stabilizing Iraq is our concern.”

He said in a press conference held today after his meeting with the President of Kurdistan, Massoud Barzani: “we discussed the latest developments in the region, and the files that were discussed during the visit of the head of the provincial government to Baghdad.”

He explained that “we named the characters that will be in charge to continue the discussions to resolve the outstanding issues.”

Maliki added: “The President of the Kurdistan region will be in Baghdad soon to continue the dialogue,” adding that he would visit the region again and tour in the cities of the Kurdistan and visit Barzan’s area.

He continued: “We have agreed on Article 140, and we will achieve the other issues, including the activation of the census and define the borders of the provinces.”

For his part, Barzani said that he agreed with Maliki to resolve all outstanding problems between the center and the region in accordance with the Constitution

http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=GIFKFL

• Upvote 6

09/06/2013 15:32:00

BAGHDAD / NINA / Prime Minister, Nuri al-Maliki said his current visit to Arbil was the focus of common interest to both sides as we opened all outstanding issues because stabilizing Iraq is our concern.”

He said in a press conference held today after his meeting with the President of Kurdistan, Massoud Barzani: “we discussed the latest developments in the region, and the files that were discussed during the visit of the head of the provincial government to Baghdad.”

He explained that “we named the characters that will be in charge to continue the discussions to resolve the outstanding issues.”

Maliki added: “The President of the Kurdistan region will be in Baghdad soon to continue the dialogue,” adding that he would visit the region again and tour in the cities of the Kurdistan and visit Barzan’s area.

He continued: “We have agreed on Article 140, and we will achieve the other issues, including the activation of the census and define the borders of the provinces.”

For his part, Barzani said that he agreed with Maliki to resolve all outstanding problems between the center and the region in accordance with the Constitution

This doesn't mean they have done it. It means they agree to do it - negotiate, only.

Sorry - nothing exciting.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Maliki: We agreed on a solution to the issue of the Peshmerga and 140 provincial boundaries and are determined to count this year

SUNDAY, JUNE 9, 2013 15:39  

Twilight News / Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, Sunday, agreed with the leader of the Kurdistan region, Massoud Barzani, the solution to file the Kurdistan Regional Guard forces (Peshmerga) as well as Article 140 of the constitutional limits of the disputed provinces.

malikibarzni.gifMaliki visited the Kurdistan Region in earlier in the day, for the first time in more than two years in an attempt to resolve the outstanding differences between the two sides.

Maliki said in a joint press conference with Barzani in Arbil attended by "Twilight News" in response to a question on the amendment of the Constitution that "this issue (Amendment) need a popular vote. Any modification must be done in accordance with the vote even if it has been changed one bit."

He continued, "We have agreed (with the officials of the Kurds) on some controversial issues such asthe Peshmerga, Article 140., there must be a census. "

Maliki did not say more on the subject, but he pointed out that the census will resolve a lot of differences and said, "We are determined to take place this year. "

"We agreed to activate the draft provincial boundaries presented by His Excellency President JalalTalabani, who is now in Parliament, and he has to offer in his agenda. "

"I am and Abu delighted not have a magic wand to solve all the problems at once but will be, and there must be introductions and we are working on them. "

Edited by yota691

What is article 140? Does that have to do with the HCL at all?

And I agree with everyone else....we need more action and less talk. That's nice Maliki agrees, but we need to hear more about he is going to DO!

.....who cares....are you single?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Newspapers: Maliki and Barzani they conducted a compass events .. Will will go towards the exit of the tunnel crises?!

10-06-2013 | (Voice of Iraq) - Add a comment -

Baghdad (news)

File overshadowed the visit of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to Erbil and meeting with the President of the Kurdistan region, Massoud Barzani, the attention of the local newspapers today, it emerged negotiate differences and agree on a settlement of the outstanding problems between the parties and which has long been tension factor between the actors in the country.

Morning

4 items closer to the distance between Baghdad and Erbil

In the details published in the official newspaper: yielded the visit of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to Erbil and his meeting the President of Kurdistan, Massoud Barzani, the rounded distances between the center and the region after the agreement on four items, and the president of the province, near his Baghdad for an end to all outstanding issues. Comes at a time issued by the Council of Ministers at its meeting held yesterday in Arbil, 'Sunday' six decisions, notably the approval of the draft law the Iraqi Atomic Energy Commission.

The four items agreed upon, according to the Prime Minister announced in a joint press conference with the president of the region after their meeting yesterday afternoon Sunday, is 'to resolve the issues of the Peshmerga and Article 140 and the provincial boundaries, and conducting the census this year.'

Maliki described his visit to Arbil as 'a common focus of attention for both sides to open all outstanding issues'.

And on what was discussed during his meeting with Barzani, Maliki said: It 'During the meeting, review what has been during the previous visit of the President of the Kurdistan Regional Government to Baghdad and what has been agreed upon the formation of committees and discuss all outstanding issues between the region and the center', noting that 'it was agreed to nominate figures, which will cost to continue research in resolving the outstanding issues on the basis of strong common desire to re-cooperation to search for participants and activation capabilities that we have, in order to protect the gains of the Iraqi people in all its factions and its components'.

Time

Maliki and Barzani negotiating the in Erbil on differences

In the details published newspaper international edition Iraq: Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki yesterday meeting with the President of Kurdistan, Massoud Barzani included Monday only without the participation of the delegations of the two sides in the talks held in Arbil, where he arrived Maliki yesterday at the initiative Tsalha with Barzani to overcome the crisis, including that lasted several months. Maliki said he does not have a magic Assi to find radical solutions.

Said Ali al-Moussawi, media adviser to the prime minister that the meeting was positive and there is a serious desire to solve all the problems and there is a sense of the challenges that hit the region. He believed that the results of this meeting will be an example of the ability of Iraqis to resolve their differences among themselves. Moussawi said that these meetings will be repeated in all the provinces, noting that a similar meeting will take place in Anbar province and elsewhere.

Maliki arrived in Arbil yesterday morning where he chaired a regular session held by the Council of Ministers in Arbil, followed by talks with Barzani focused on the situation in Iraq and the outstanding issues between the two sides.

Term

Maliki and Barzani: We have agreed to solve problems amicably and we will conduct a census of the population of the current year

In the details published newspaper Independent: President of Iraq's Kurdistan region, Massoud Barzani, to Baghdad and Erbil agreed to solve problems 'friendly and fraternal' and that the Constitution is the authority to resolve these issues, as he emphasized the Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki government's keenness to conduct the census this year to find a solution to the issue of the disputed areas, calling on the parliament to the enactment of the administrative boundaries of the provinces.

This came during a visit is the first of its kind for the Prime Minister and his government, which held a meeting in Arbil as part of attempts to calm by all parties to the deepening political crisis.

The head of the Kurdistan region, Massoud Barzani, at a press conference after his meeting with al-Maliki in Erbil yesterday, that 'the visit of Prime Minister Maliki is very important', The 'We agreed to activate the committees that have been agreed to discuss all the problems and find solutions to them.'        http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ei=ASVEUcrHLsaqywHthIHoCg&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.sotaliraq.com/%2523axzz2NgfIxvud%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1088%26bih%3D479&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=ar&u=http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php%3Fid%3D104036&usg=ALkJrhiib-yy9M5xg2IMuLNzquN7A4j4zQ

• Upvote 1

What is article 140? Does that have to do with the HCL at all?

And I agree with everyone else....we need more action and less talk. That's nice Maliki agrees, but we need to hear more about he is going to DO! 

Sara, I see nobody answered your question, I will. Basically, if you hear article 140, HCL (hydrocarbon law) or the Erbil (or Arbil) agreement they are talking about the think. It's about how to divide up the profits of the oil from the northern region (Kurdistan). It's got to do with several other things like regional borders, census numbers, oil contracts, etc. Hope that helps.

Sounds like good progress on agreement on the issues, get it implemented Iraq!

WM13

Edited by waterman13
  • Upvote 3

Sara, I see nobody answered your question, I will. Basically, if you hear article 140, HCL (hydrocarbon law) or the Erbil (or Arbil) agreement they are talking about the think. It's about how to divide up the profits of the oil from the northern region (Kurdistan). It's got to do with several other things like regional borders, census numbers, oil contracts, etc. Hope that helps.

WM13

Thanks Waterman, what you are saying is that Article 140, HCL, and Erbil are one and the same. I was also wondering about that.

.....who cares....are you single?

Plus 1 chess for coming straight to the point. Hi Sara, welcome to the forum. Please don't take offense, some of us just weren't raised properly.

Trivia question for everybody; Who said "My apoplogy maam, slight negligence in his upbringing"

Roadrunner

• Upvote 1

WM13

Thanks for explaining.  I too was wondering.   :)

WM13

Thank you for answering! I appreciate that! I figured it had something to do with the HCL, just wasn't sure.

Plus 1 chess for coming straight to the point. Hi Sara, welcome to the forum. Please don't take offense, some of us just weren't raised properly.

Trivia question for everybody; Who said "My apoplogy maam, slight negligence in his upbringing"

Roadrunner

LOL. I've been here for many years, just trying to get more involved. :)  No offense taken...comments like that just bring a smile to my day. 

• Upvote 2

Roadrunner

.....i wuz 2 razed gud!....jest hain't thet kooth!

Thank you for answering! I appreciate that! I figured it had something to do with the HCL, just wasn't sure.

LOL. I've been here for many years, just trying to get more involved. :)  No offense taken...comments like that just bring a smile to my day. 

Ok Sara,

you still haven't answered the question and inquiring minds wanna know.   :)