Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

SWFloridaGuy Thoughts On Currency Appreciations - 06/01/2013

"large" as in say as large as their neighbors?  Sure could be, might not be, might be more.  But as larger or lager than the entire rest of the world combined?  No.

Is that not clear?  I really don't get why there is any disagreement here.  Even if Iraq has sufficient gold to eventually become a large producer, say in the top 10 (which I'd say is not remotely in evidence) it would not come close to eclipsing oil.

ok they are unexplored areas , no-one actually knows how much or little there is out there

still there are those who belive /second guess this

The recent discovery in Baghdad of what may be one of the world’s largest gold deposits could make Iraq a bigger producer of precious metal than oil, and help it pay its outstanding debt to Western countries stemming from the two Gulf Wars.

What’s more, the gold vein found in an eastern Baghdad neighborhood is expected to increase the area’s real estate prices with the influx of hundreds, if not thousands, of gold seekers, according to a report by another site.com.

As Iraq — with one of the world’s largest untapped oil deposits—continues to increase its oil production output for export, the discovery of large quantities of gold changes the economic landscape for the Middle Eastern country, noted James Méndez, president of Méndez Internet Management Services, an authorized money service business and Iraqi currency broker based in Puerto Rico.

“This means that in addition to large quantities of oil, Iraq will have one of the world’s largest gold deposits, which ensures the country will have plenty of money to pay its debts and to cover the cost of the upcoming revaluation of its currency, which should happen soon,” Méndez told CARRIBEAN BUISNESS online.

Mining operations continue in the upscale Aldajh area after the discovery of the existence of large quantities of gold in the soil, another site.com reported Wednesday.

For more than two years, exploration and drilling have been going on under the streets in the region, extending from Fudhaliyah to Obeidi, where low-lying water channels are used for the diversion of rainwater during flood seasons.

The drilling operations extend for several meters deep into the earth, except for longitudinal drilling spanning more than ten kilometers (6.2 miles), the online report said.

So far the mining has raised thousands of tons of earth, which has been set aside in order to extract the gold particles, the report said.

http://caribbeanbusinesspr.com/news03.php?nt_id=68200&ct_id=1

my appologies tf this article has been printed before

You make a good point and really I guess no one can say indubitably how far they have progressed.  However, I do like this quote: "Early in 2012 there was a large discovery of Gold in eastern Baghdad. The last couple years have produced large quantities of gold through their vast drilling operations and have already surpassed the purification and extraction process. This discovery, among others, could turn Iraq into a producer of gold more than oil. It also will increase real estate prices due to the influx of gold job seekers."

For heavens sake.  Really?   Do I or do I not also say these are just my opinions, which may or may not be correct?  I need some Aspirin, can anyone in the forum hook a brotha up?

Seems we have a few "Bill Clinton" type's here. It appears also that some cant separate one's opinions and matter of fact statements. These same people will always look for fault of others under the guise of "keeping it real" - peace

Having been scammed about an RV does not make you a pumper.  You have to consistently make up or knowingly pass on false and misleading information to earn that moniker, at least as I see it.  So if you want the Pumper merit badge Zig, I think you'll have to put a bit more effort into it! :-)

"at least as I see it" Sooooooooooooo  your allowed to make up, opinionate about others without bringing 100% proof on all claims and that's ok-hypocrite. Again I ask you to provide proof that SWFG is a pumper and not just a poster providing his opinion & articles. Oh by the way your "opinion" or "definition" of "pumper"  is not proof - peace 

• Upvote 1

so  whats concidered a good ratio of grams per ton of earth .. for gold ..6 to 10 grams ?

a thousand tons of earth could  bring 250 .. to 500 ounces of gold .. or ..a couple million dollars

Gold mineralization is hosted by quartz veins.....75 million tonnes of quartz sand under the Western Desert

some quartz sand is very high  in gold concentration .. id like to see a rich  area of gold  , right now .. before  they  rv

black sand

ok they are unexplored areas , no-one actually knows how much or little there is out there

still there are those who belive /second guess this

The recent discovery in Baghdad of what may be one of the world’s largest gold deposits could make Iraq a bigger producer of precious metal than oil, and help it pay its outstanding debt to Western countries stemming from the two Gulf Wars.

What’s more, the gold vein found in an eastern Baghdad neighborhood is expected to increase the area’s real estate prices with the influx of hundreds, if not thousands, of gold seekers, according to a report by another site.com.

As Iraq — with one of the world’s largest untapped oil deposits—continues to increase its oil production output for export, the discovery of large quantities of gold changes the economic landscape for the Middle Eastern country, noted James Méndez, president of Méndez Internet Management Services, an authorized money service business and Iraqi currency broker based in Puerto Rico.

“This means that in addition to large quantities of oil, Iraq will have one of the world’s largest gold deposits, which ensures the country will have plenty of money to pay its debts and to cover the cost of the upcoming revaluation of its currency, which should happen soon,” Méndez told CARRIBEAN BUISNESS online.

Mining operations continue in the upscale Aldajh area after the discovery of the existence of large quantities of gold in the soil, another site.com reported Wednesday.

For more than two years, exploration and drilling have been going on under the streets in the region, extending from Fudhaliyah to Obeidi, where low-lying water channels are used for the diversion of rainwater during flood seasons.

The drilling operations extend for several meters deep into the earth, except for longitudinal drilling spanning more than ten kilometers (6.2 miles), the online report said.

So far the mining has raised thousands of tons of earth, which has been set aside in order to extract the gold particles, the report said.

http://caribbeanbusinesspr.com/news03.php?nt_id=68200&ct_id=1

my appologies tf this article has been printed before

None of this is substantiated in any way.  Mendez is a Dinar dealer, we're taking his word for it as authoritative?  Please.  The article you posted from a minerals conference doesn't mention any of this, but talks about gold in turkey (so could relate to Iraq) and sulphor, and phosphorus etc.  Again as I said, might there be gold in Iraq?  Sure.  It might well be similar to Turkey, could be more, could be less.  But is it remotely possible that there is so much as to equal the entire rest of the world?  No way.  And no matter what it will take a long time to develop large scale mining operations.  As you said, 1000 tons of earth with a high gold concentration could bring a few million dollars, a long long way from the $150B needed to make oil the #2 revenue source for Iraq.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Seems we have a few "Bill Clinton" type's here. It appears also that some cant separate one's opinions and matter of fact statements. These same people will always look for fault of others under the guise of "keeping it real" - peace

"at least as I see it" Sooooooooooooo  your allowed to make up, opinionate about others without bringing 100% proof on all claims and that's ok-hypocrite. Again I ask you to provide proof that SWFG is a pumper and not just a poster providing his opinion & articles. Oh by the way your "opinion" or "definition" of "pumper"  is not proof - peace 

"100% proof" Where have I ever said that?  What I said was that the statement that gold would soon eclipse oil in revenue for Iraq is OBVIOUSLY bogus.  Five minutes with google and a calculator shows it makes no sense, but its passed around as fact.  He uses it as one of the things his opinion is based on, not as an opinion.  Why would any of us have an opinion as the the geology of Iraq?  All we can do is look at the statements of others on this subject and see if they make any sense, or have support.  Instead he is just passing along this statement (likely from Mendez, who is a Dinar dealer) and he did so with no thought as to its truth, no analysis at all.  Yet SWFG claims analysis and making sense of things and doing research is what he brings to the party?  

Note in response to my several requests for him to respond he only talks about gold being valuable and desired as a reserve for central banks.  Well duh!, that in no way answers the question of why pass on obvious nonsense.

I offered 2 other aspects of his post that were similar in nature (unsupported and misleading) and to which he has offered no response.  But Bumper has said calling people the P word is not allowed, so I guess that is the end of it.

Note in the other thread where SWFG spells out how an RV might go, he talks about the BIS being involved in approving an exchange rate change and I asked for evidence of that as well and there has been no response.  (sorry if there are typos etc in this, I have to run)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

At the end of the day its still "his" opinion on the info/articles he has researched and put forth and he states as such. You don't agree............cool, still no evidence he's a "pumper" just your opinion. -peace

So if I say “it is my opinion that bla bla bla, and the reason for my view is that 2+2=17”, I should not be criticized for bad arithemetic as its just my opnion?  Nonsense.

In his OP SWFG said

Although I'm a skeptic by nature I remain very confident that Iraq is headed in the right direction and one day we will profit from this endeavor due to, in part, some of the reasons listed below.

3. In the 70s when Iraq's currency held a much higher value GDP only ranged from $2 billion - $8 billion.

4. Oil is quickly becoming second in Iraq to gold.

I of course disagree with his conclusion, but did not fault him for that as it is just an opinion.  I faulted him for the stated reasons. It is perhaps the MOST used guru/pumper technique to mention the high past exchange rate without bringing up the money supply then and now.  i.e exactly reason 3.

The gold quote appears to be from Mendez who is himself a Dinar dealer, yet its passed around guru-land as fact. SWFG continues that trend here despite claiming he does research and analysis.. Just a few minutes of with gogole and a calculated shows it is a ridiculous assertion but it keeps circulating just as SWFG has assisted in doing here.

The whole first half of his OP is about improving economic conditions in Iraq, which is fine. But then SWFG slips in a line that claims this means the exchange rate will also increase without the slightest support for this. This is also a classic guru/pumper technique.  

Instead of addressing these issues directly he obfuscates and side steps and then ends the discussion without providng any answers by saying

I would love to continue this conversation but frankly you don't seem to be capable of asseverating your opinions in a civil matter and honestly it's not going to be constructive to this forum if we continue what is clearly something not headed in the direction of a friendly repartee and I don't want to say something I know I'll regret later.

Where have I been uncivil? I have only asked him to explain what he has posted, but he won’t do it. Again a classic guru/pumper technique.  His actions speak for what he is.  Its not a matter of opinion at all.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  That is not the issue here.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

"Nonsense" is that you feel the need to criticize any that disagree with you. You and some others like you feel you have all the answers and go ballistic when others don't fall at your feet and bow........now that's nonsense. IMO (see how this works) you need to grow up and realize that not everyone will always see your genius as you do. None of us are perfect me included.................& NONE of us know how this(dinar) will come out, that is why so many continue to speculate/guess/opinionate. IMO a pumper is not one who lies but one that provides falsehoods to gain monetarily. That is why I believe there are those on both sides of the fence that fit this model. Can I prove it.................maybe if I wanted to waste my valuble time chasing something that won't change. Do I wish to..........no, I just don't buy into anything written as gospel and leave it at that. With all that said I feel the need to apologize for the beginning of this rant. Tho I believe it to be true, its not my place and makes me no better than those I criticize. Again these are JMO - Peace  

• Upvote 3

This thread has been a terrific reminder of why so many good folks have moved on. SWFG Pumper? Really?

I must applaud the "reverse pumpers" for persevering so admirably. A paycheck is a paycheck, right? The impact is evident as 3 out of every 4 dinar transactions involve people giving up and selling back their dinar. Well done! 

SWFG...you know which "hoods" you are always welcome in.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Skeptic might be somewhat abrasive in making his points, but his points about the money supply and gold are valid and haven't been disputed. I also have to ask why "reverse pumper" allegations are permitted but "pumper" allegations aren't?

I suppose it depends if they are true.  SWFG is not a pumper.  So I would say the allegations false, therefore not called for.  Pretty simple.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Skeptic might be somewhat abrasive in making his points, but his points about the money supply and gold are valid and haven't been disputed. I also have to ask why "reverse pumper" allegations are permitted but "pumper" allegations aren't?

My guess would be quantity of claims. Some throw out the term "pumper" like they're eatin chicken wings - peace

Also IMO both "pumpers" & "reverse pumpers" have agendas, and prey on the uninformed - peace 

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This thread has been a terrific reminder of why so many good folks have moved on. SWFG Pumper? Really?

I must applaud the "reverse pumpers" for persevering so admirably. A paycheck is a paycheck, right? The impact is evident as 3 out of every 4 dinar transactions involve people giving up and selling back their dinar. Well done! 

SWFG...you know which "hoods" you are always welcome in.

I think Skeptick would argue with a cup of coffee or at least make it nervous!  :lmao:

:cowboy: BANG!!!!!

• Upvote 4

So if I say “it is my opinion that bla bla bla, and the reason for my view is that 2+2=17”,

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/150202-swfloridaguy-thoughts-on-currency-appreciations-06012013/page-5#ixzz2VHbLwS1F

this is the same guy who changes his name every time he gets  banned ,, hes been around this site for a long time pretending hes the expert around here ..hes been in the lopster tank under numerous names

he makes this arguement over and over that is in the quote box .. :cowboy2:

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 2

this is the same guy who changes his name every time he gets banned ,, hes been around this site for a long time pretending hes the expert around here ..hes been in the lopster tank under numerous names

he makes this arguement over and over that is in the quote box .. :cowboy2:

You gotta admit the dude knows his stuff. He'd wipe the floor of this forum with pretty much anyone here in a dinar debate.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

You gotta admit the dude knows his stuff. He'd wipe the floor of this forum with pretty much anyone here in a dinar debate.

You may be right about him knowin his stuff. But intelligence does not guarantee class - peace

You may be right about him knowin his stuff. But intelligence does not guarantee class - peace

And to throw out the "p" just because he can, don't make it right.

Again a classic guru/pumper technique

Last warning for continuing to call a member of this site a "PUMPER"

I am tired of people running members off from this site by calling them names or making accusations that they always have motives!!

I guess it is getting about time to roll some heads around here again!

We try to let everyone talk freely but when the rules are pointed out and it keeps on happening then action must be taken!

Don't come at me and cry that this isn't fair, everyone knows the rules of this site and I have made my point in this thread again!

I am not doing this just for SWFG but for people in general that are interested in expressing positively what they think about the dinar!!

This "PUMPER" issue is really getting old!!

Discuss/Debate WITHOUT calling someone a name or insinuating that they are only here for PUMPING the dinar and everything will be fine!!  

If not   :butt-kicking:

Last warning!!

MY #1 job here is to protect this site and it's members!!   :peace:

I'm getting crabby again  :lol:  :lol:

• Upvote 4

Last warning for continuing to call a member of this site a "PUMPER"

I am tired of people running members off from this site by calling them names or making accusations that they always have motives!!

I guess it is getting about time to roll some heads around here again!

We try to let everyone talk freely but when the rules are pointed out and it keeps on happening then action must be taken!

Don't come at me and cry that this isn't fair, everyone knows the rules of this site and I have made my point in this thread again!

I am not doing this just for SWFG but for people in general that are interested in expressing positively what they think about the dinar!!

This "PUMPER" issue is really getting old!!

Discuss/Debate WITHOUT calling someone a name or insinuating that they are only here for PUMPING the dinar and everything will be fine!!  

If not   :butt-kicking:

Last warning!!

MY #1 job here is to protect this site and it's members!!   :peace:

I'm getting crabby again  :lol:  :lol:

Amen Brother lol

• Upvote 2

"Nonsense" is that you feel the need to criticize any that disagree with you. You and some others like you feel you have all the answers and go ballistic when others don't fall at your feet and bow........now that's nonsense. IMO (see how this works) you need to grow up and realize that not everyone will always see your genius as you do. 

I note you did not actually comment on the example that I gave (that I called nonsense) but just bashed me instead.  Of course I do not have all the answers, nor am any sort of genius.  I'm just an engineer and hence pretty analytical.  Really the whole point of the issues I have raised is ANYONE can see the flaws, but most seem not to want to look.  All this "fall at your feet and bow.." that's just your view, it isn't anything about me.  

Knowingly posting false or misleading statements in order to promote the supposed likelihood of a huge increase in the dinar seems like an activity that we should strive to stop.  People should invest, or not based on good data and reasoning, not false claims, false history, misleading claims and so on.  Don't you agree with that?

Last warning!!

Understood, thank you for the warning (again).  No more comments on posters for me, only on the contents of what they post.

Edited by skeptic1138
  • Upvote 1