Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I Will Praise You in the Storm...Brothers till we meet again...

This is my third attempt to leave a comment -  I keep hitting a wrong key and losing it -  lol

This was beautiful Rayzur --  Thank you first for your service to our country - Thank you for all the great posts / comments here at DV and thank you for sharing this one -  I hope you are doing well  - UNEEK

• Upvote 2

Thank You For A Badly Needed Cry :( Rayzur.

Honestly I Am Glad I Watched That AND I Honor You... And All Our Veterans.

:salute:

Ahhhhh Mags I didn't mean for you to cry..... :(

The brute honesty of this does strike the core though huh?...And in some ways touches the conflict many of us wrestle with, though often push out of mind....the taking of human life, should always remain something about which we are torn (in reflection.. not the engagement)..... And its always very easy to praise Him in good times and happy days.... Yet it was always during those moments of fear, and truly being alone midst a crowd, with death surrounding us taunting our very existence with one too many close calls..... its is in those times that praising Him brought the greatest strength in facing whatever came forth, and the courage to meet that moment ... united with the One who makes us so.....

God does not choose sides. We do... and He forever remains at our side if that is out choice.

So I'm curious.... if you can find the words, ....what about it struck you? And thanks for the kind words :peace:

PS here is the another version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuxpUoCscg4&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 2

Ahhhhh Mags I didn't mean for you to cry..... :(

The brute honesty of this does strike the core though huh?...And in some ways touches the conflict many of us wrestle with, though often push out of mind....the taking of human life, should always remain something about which we are torn (in reflection.. not the engagement)..... And its always very easy to praise Him in good times and happy days.... Yet it was always during those moments of fear, and truly being alone midst a crowd, with death surrounding us taunting our very existence with one too many close calls..... its is in those times that praising Him brought the greatest strength in facing whatever came forth, and the courage to meet that moment ... united with the One who makes us so.....

God does not choose sides. We do... and He forever remains at our side if that is out choice.

So I'm curious.... if you can find the words, ....what about it struck you? And thanks for the kind words :peace:

PS here is the another version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuxpUoCscg4&feature=player_embedded

Rayzur :) Letting go of a few tears is not a bad thing. :) No Worries.

Watching the video... of course the folded flags and the friends mourning got me first.

What touched me even more was the incredible circumstances they were in... how torn they must have felt...

feeling let down... and still having faith.

You are right during easy times it is easy to "have faith"... what those kiddo's went through...

I can't even imagine how it must have changed them forever.

I know they did it out of love for us... went though "rain storms" and yet they still held their faith and their love for each other.

Loyalty and Vallor.

Touched Me About How Much They Loved Each Other... 

Even Though I Disagreed With Ever Sending Them There In The First Place.

JMHO And Thank You For Asking Rayzur :)

• Upvote 2

Maggie... 

Interesting, you picked up on nuances that many miss... 

I don't know how to explain it.. and maybe some of the other vets can better put words to it.... But there is something that happens, somewhere along the way in training I suppose, and perhaps forged in steel with the first engagement experience.... but there is some kind of bond that links us together in the depth of our core. There is a rhythm you step into with each other as soon as you know the other is military... so much unspoken, but as clearly present as if it were announced over a loud speaker. And to this day, there is no question in my mind, not a doubt in my being, that there lives within me that instinctual response to  have their back and trust mine to them.. until proven otherwise.... And I don't think there is anything on this earth that would ever change that.... I wish I could find better words. Though I can say it is something very special, almost sacred and unlike any other thing on this earth....  :salute:

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

Maggie... 

Interesting, you picked up on nuances that many miss... 

I don't know how to explain it.. and maybe some of the other vets can better put words to it.... But there is something that happens, somewhere along the way in training I suppose, and perhaps forged in steel with the first engagement experience.... but there is some kind of bond that links us together in the depth of our core. There is a rhythm you step into with each other as soon as you know the other is military... so much unspoken, but as clearly present as if it were announced over a loud speaker. And to this day, there is no question in my mind, not a doubt in my being, that there lives within me that instinctual response to  have their back and trust mine to them.. until proven otherwise.... And I don't think there is anything on this earth that would ever change that.... I wish I could find better words. Though I can say it is something very special, almost sacred and unlike any other thing on this earth....  :salute:

Well said...

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well said...

Thanks ! Its hard to describe sometimes huh? 

I'll be up that way for sure 3rd week in July, if not before.... Will you be around your home base? Hopefully I wont be in some frickin head halo at that time... jay zus...  They have to go in just below the skull and repair some stuff torn up when I got hit over the head... and I told em, if you don't do it by June 26th, we're gonna skip July, cause I need to be in shape to preform my celebratory activities in proper form... :lol:  

You simply do not mess with a native Montanan's ability to properly preform all the necessary activities that accompany the 4th of July... And in true Montanan form... if I die before I wake.... I won't know it,.... and it will have been one hellava great ride sliding into home plate.... :D  

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Razur - just got back from the Little Big Horn reenactment.  What an adventure - but we lost again *lol*  I will be in the Mission Valley for the weekend following the 4th, but will be home the rest of the time. Let me know your travel plans and - as they say here in the land of the Big Sky - "We'll do it up."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I loveeeee that reenactment.... well that whole area as well..... it reeks of history.... I personally think there is an energy that remains and you can still feel the vibe of the battles as you're standing on any of that ground looking around..... Would love to attach myself to anyone digging/preserving/categorizing.... would be so much better than 'nonchalantly' stepping off the pavement and strolling across the fields as if you didn't know any better..   :D (who me?!?!) I'd like to look in the area on the Indian statue side (versus the Custer burial side), and then down into that gully off to the (far) right of the statue and in that entire ravine..... The "non"-battlefield side.... I think the battle went much faster than supposed in the past... and I think was far more chaotic absent much of anything strategic on the part of the 7th Calvary,  than is typically suggested...  I did an analysis for War College, and now I'd like to just go back and look around and see if I can confirm any of it...... Mission Valley is hotter than biscuits, but should be one heck of a lot of fun down that way (do you ever go to Crow Fair... another very fun time on the res)...

I'll be up Paradise Valley way and Bozo in the 3rd week of July for sure... and probably sooner... Likely will stay a month or so. I'll probably drive in from Puget Sound through Missoula... Good Kayaking weather in PS now, so want to get some in before heading east. Of course, if I end up in some stupid head gear, the kayaking part may have to wait a few months... they're cutting in at the base of my skull tomorrow. I've neurosurgeon who clearly has no idea of what I consider to be 'normal' activity....though he may have gotten an idea this afternoon when he asked if I had any questions. For whatever reason it was very important for me to know if I could ever ride bucking broncos after this, and if so how soon...... Granted I have never ridden bucking broncos, but for whatever reason, it became very important that we not rule out that possibility for the future....   :lol:  :lol:  Sometimes even I worry about me  :D

I'll have to figure out how to email you.... mine is on my page... (at least I can see it)... so maybe that will work... 

I'll let you know the definitive stuff when I find out...  :reading1:

• Upvote 1

I will keep you in my prayers for the surgery.  I knew you were probably hard headed but...hey, let me know if you dull a carbide bit. *lol*  Sincerely, I hope all goes well.

You should try and join us next year. We get to ride on horseback over most of the ground that Custer and his men rode through.  Gives you a whole new prespective.  I think you need to see the battlefield that way to truly understand what happend and why the decisions that were made happend in the order they did. We actually rode across the Little Bighorn river at a ford comparable to the one Reno would have used (the river bed has changed significantly in the 137 year) then to Weir point, down Cedar Coulee to Medicine Coulee (where he split his command the final time) and over to an area as close to Last Stand hill as we can (not allowed to ride on parts of the battlefield)  Most of the of the staff at the US Cavalry School are vets - and I know the owner gives some pretty good discounts for vets.  Its a week of living history as a 1870's cavalry troop with some amenities thrown in. *lol* I know you would enjoy it - even with wearing a wool uniform.

Since your coming through Missoula, why not take the scenic route to Bozo and come through Helena?  Just and idea, and I can offer a bribe of taking you to dinner at a place that has probably the best barbacued ribs with huckleberry barbacue sauce you've ever tasted.

Can't see your email on your profile - and  it says the PM can't be sent.  Hit me on my profile with your email and I will erase it as soon as I see it.  Really look forward to a face to face.

• Upvote 1

TankDude that sounds incredibly awesome.... I would frickin LOVE IT totally to be able to do that.... omg, that is like a dream come true!!!!! I'll start working on a breezy linen that looks like wool, outfit... (I remember once General Davis asked me to please stop referring to our/his uniform as "your little outfit", it was just my dry humor with no double entendre meant :lol: )... That is off the hook amazing and would be one of the most incredible things on the planet to be able to do.... Since I was a kid, I've been absolutely fascinated/ captured by that whole area and the battle...wow, that would be unreal... THANKS TankDude.... I'm in... And I would love to talk with you more about the battle in general.... I think I understand the decisions in terms of what led up to it.... and I'd be interested in hearing what you think about my thoughts as to how the final moments unfolded.... (wow, talk about the nerd squad... lol)....

I'll give serious thought of driving by way of our capitol.... it will totally depend upon when I head out and the time needed to get to the alumni party. Also will matter if Sean is with me.... Disney is being major intense with getting the script finals in for the series... (Pacman is their new  their focus... really??? okay)... and there's a few other pilots being finished and then voice overs that have to be done... so time for that trip maybe very very  limited. However, I'll stay in MT after that, so could head your way sometime thereafter... it will be great to meet face to face...

Thanks for the prayers... I really do appreciate them greatly. Surgery was cancelled shortly after I got there.... Neurosurgeon is very straight up guy and totally pulls no punches, which I love.... he said I'm gonna have to delay you,  there's three things: Its going to take special equipment they didn't bring in, its going to take hardware that's not here, and I'm so lit up, pizzed off  right now that I shouldn't be doing surgery.... :lol: Cool with me... I'm hungry (it was 2 pm), so I was good to leave and go eat something...  :D We have surgical suites here, which is like an office building with part of it renovated for doing surgery... They are not within the confines of a main hospital, (though are affiliated with it). they're just ordinary looking office buildings, with other offices and people doing business there. I think maybe his office screwed up in scheduling for the center instead of the main.... So its been moved to the main hospital for Friday at noon..... And I did tell him, if it wasn't done by the end of the week, no go until August as I had some serious cowboying to do in July  :lol:  :lol:  And he knew I was dead serious....  :lol:

i'll hit ya up on your page with my email... 

I am so excited about the Little Bighorn adventure.... so cool.... thanks so much again brother.... appreciate you got my six  :salute:

• Upvote 4

You guys that is so incredibly sweet... thanks so much I do appreciate it! Really....It does matter and I know all will go fabulouso.... God is good... and there's no question this will be a cakewalk.... I already informed em I would not be leaving with any head gear as I have far too busy a summer planned and it doesn't go with any of my performance wear outfits... :D I'm grateful for your prayers and thank you from my heart.... And am with ya on the video being awesome and song one of my total favorites.... Thanks to the both of you....

• Upvote 3