Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central bank: a plan to raise the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar

yota691

The other thing I just don't get is if someone doesn't believe in this investment, why are they here. Simply to cause trouble?  Hopefully we are dealing with a bored teenager, otherwise someone has bigger issues to deal with than their lack of faith in this investment.

Atheists tend to have a holier-than-thou attitude that they proceed to project onto Christians, or other religious faiths.  Here we are with our skeptical intelligence, there you are with your groveling belief.  Thus they will come in here and try to belittle those who put hope in Dinar.

• Upvote 2

Have you ever heard the song High Hopes?  You should.  You might get a little jiggy after you listen to it.

Hope is not merely good, but essential.  However you would be wise to hope for that which has at least not yet been clearly shown to be impossible.  You might hope to build a ship to go to the moon, but hoping to get there by bicycle would be foolish.

Atheists tend to have a holier-than-thou attitude that they proceed to project onto Christians, or other religious faiths.  Here we are with our skeptical intelligence, there you are with your groveling belief.  Thus they will come in here and try to belittle those who put hope in Dinar.

Who is doing the belittling here?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I know several atheists and don't find them to be that way at all. I can't use such a broad brush to paint a certain group of people. I feel each individual deserves the respect to gain their own credibility, and I'm not going to judge anyone based on their beliefs. That is not my place. however if that has been your experience I completely understand your position. This skeptic fellow just seems like the type who likes to stoke the flames and play devil's advocate in every given situation. I find the best way to deal with such a person is to not deal with them. Every time we reply to one of his antagonizing posts, it seems to just give him the opportunity to disagree and widen the divide even more. Which sadly seems to e his main objective. There is enough negativity in this world. I don't find the need to go looking for it anymore.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Seems to be quite a lot of negs being given out.  Is there any rule on what they are supposed to be used for?  I'd hope it was for good or poor posting behavior not whether or not you agree with the content (if the latter, I'm headed for neg city I suspect!).

Care to share why you negged me?

Care to share how you can determine who does what, or was that just a guess?

Personally (though your post was not to me) I don't neg folks, but have +'d myself a couple of times to get back to 0 (though not paying enough attention I have neged myself as well! :-).

• Upvote 1

No one that goes around whistling "High Hopes" seems likely to be giving out negs!  :)

LOL!  You are right!  I even wrote my own little ditty to the song!  Look, I really think it is important that both sides of the dinar are there for people who just arrived off the plane or about to board.  For most of us we just handed over our ticket.  Actually I pretty much walked on board without my shades.  So having said that, if you don't get put in the red zone, I hope to see you around...Skeptic.  

Seems to be quite a lot of negs being given out.  Is there any rule on what they are supposed to be used for?  I'd hope it was for good or poor posting behavior not whether or not you agree with the content (if the latter, I'm headed for neg city I suspect!).

Care to share how you can determine who does what, or was that just a guess?

Personally (though your post was not to me) I don't neg folks, but have +'d myself a couple of times to get back to 0 (though not paying enough attention I have neged myself as well! :-).

It would be nice if Negs were only used for poor comments that were wither lies or misleading and pluses used for positive or truthful posts, but sadly, some people like to wield the small amount of internet power they have in just being mad about something.

I liken it to slamming a phone down, but just by pushing a button.

What many argue as this news meaning the exchange rate or an RV miss the two as tied together.

I want you to know that if its internal its a rise for us as well. An argument that Iraq will benefit and we won't is nonsense. To think any of their financial shifts up or down doesn't affect (our dinar value)us IMHO makes me wonder if some of you truly understand economics or this speculative investment. As for a lop its impossible in this type of economy. An RV or RD is possible. This type of information is much more secretive than inside trading. I believe they are using the media to evoke very specific tactics and shifts and we Dinar holders are not even a concern of theirs... The picture is much larger than you and me. The strength of trade and economic stabilty and strength is paramount to Iraq and investors in Iraq and to the USA. This is a very thought out plan and the USA is extremely entrenched along with some other nations. Bush opened this door and we are all mearly scrap pieces of a bigger picture.

If I didn't believe in a nice benefit I have wasted a lot of time and money. The signs are on the wall... Lets see what the next couple of weeks bring... I am all in either way, those nay Sayers should gracefully bow out... Peace all. Go RV !

• Upvote 3

What many argue as this news meaning the exchange rate or an RV miss the two as tied together.

I want you to know that if its internal its a rise for us as well. An argument that Iraq will benefit and we won't is nonsense. To think any of their financial shifts up or down doesn't affect (our dinar value)us IMHO makes me wonder if some of you truly understand economics or this speculative investment. As for a lop its impossible in this type of economy. An RV or RD is possible. This type of information is much more secretive than inside trading. I believe they are using the media to evoke very specific tactics and shifts and we Dinar holders are not even a concern of theirs... The picture is much larger than you and me. The strength of trade and economic stabilty and strength is paramount to Iraq and investors in Iraq and to the USA. This is a very thought out plan and the USA is extremely entrenched along with some other nations. Bush opened this door and we are all mearly scrap pieces of a bigger picture.

If I didn't believe in a nice benefit I have wasted a lot of time and money. The signs are on the wall... Lets see what the next couple of weeks bring... I am all in either way, those nay Sayers should gracefully bow out... Peace all. Go RV !

You say a Lop is impossible but an Rd is possible....what is the difference between the two? Thanks

good luck

Same to you

• Downvote 2

It has to do with definitions. A few years ago I argued this point and got thru to many. A lop is in a hyper inflated economy. You can look this up. I have lost the definitive description except to say that they are two different things and yet people use LOP to mean the same in either ignorance or to save time.

I like to try and be politically correct. If not someone down the road might become very confused. An RD is a redenomination of the currency. A lop is loss of profit. This will not be a loss of profit situation in Iraq.

I'm not an expert but at times feel a bit more educated than some of the so called know it for sure people here. I hope my explanation is sufficient but I suggest looking up the terms and compare the two. You will possibly see who the people are on this site who just talk with little true knowledge. I hope I helped you understand.

Have a great day and week.

So, I looked up like you said and found some very interesting answers. 

What is a Currency Lop?

Answer
A currency lop refers to the removal of the last three zeros off a certain currency. This usually happens during hyperinflation, which is the rapid decrease in the value of a currency. This fluctuating value is brought about when a country prints currencytoo fast such that the economy fails to keep up.

http://www.ask.com/question/what-is-a-currency-lop

Definition of 'Redenomination'

1. The process whereby a country's currency is recalibrated due to significant inflation and currency devaluationicon1.png. Certain currencies have been redenominated a number of times over the last century for various reasons.

2. The process of changing the currency value on a financialicon1.png security.

Investopedia explains 'Redenomination'

1. For example, the Bulgarian lev was redenominated due to inflation arising at the end of the Second World War. After the redenomination, one "new" lev was equal to 100 "old" levs. The lev was redenominated three times in the twentieth century.

2. A recent example of redenomination arose when the euro was introduced and the denomination on many European securities had to be changed to the euro.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/redenomination.asp

However, the best definition that I found for a lop was this,

LOP Definition / LOP Means The definition of LOP is "Stupid person"

http://www.internetslang.com/LOP-meaning-definition.asp

:lmao:  That just about covers it. 

The real question here would be, can a country RD to a higher value? 

I will do some more studying. 

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy
  • Upvote 2

​I also found this on Wikipedia, however, it sounds more like what 

we have been calling a lop. Though not sure with the Euro. If you look

at the last chart on this linked page it seems that the Euro was RDed to

a higher amount several times.

In times of inflation, the same number of monetary units have continually decreasing purchasing power. In other words, prices of products and services must be expressed in higher numbers. If these numbers become excessively large, they can impede daily transactions because of the risk and inconvenience of carrying stacks of bills, or the strain on systems, e.g. automatic teller machines (ATMs), or because human psychology does not handle large numbers well. The authorities may alleviate this problem by redenomination: a new unit replaces the old unit with a fixed number of old units being converted to 1 new unit. If inflation is the reason for redenomination, this ratio is much larger than 1, usually a positive integral power of 10 like 100, 1000 or 1 million, and the procedure can be referred to as "cutting zeroes".[1] Recent examples include

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redenomination

The CBI has specifically stated their so called plan is to redenominate by dropping three zeros. So in Iraqs case, they ARE in fact talking about a lop.....dont know how you can call that a loss of profit. If you go through history of countries that lopped zeros, no ome lost anything.

Keep the dropping of,three zeros isn't a loss of PROFIT... I feel like a broken record...

It is not proper terminology. They are not HYPERinflated. LOP is in a hyperinflated,situation.

My words are wasted. It is like saying LOP means Low Operation Potential or Laughing On Purpose...

You don't loss of profit zeros.

/c :

Errrrrr

Keep the dropping of,three zeros isn't a loss of PROFIT... I feel like a broken record...It is not proper terminology. They are not HYPERinflated. LOP is in a hyperinflated,situation.My words are wasted. It is like saying LOP means Low Operation Potential or Laughing On Purpose...You don't loss of profit zeros./c :Errrrrr

They arent currently in a state of hyperinflation, but because of the period they had of hyperinflation, the currency we hold is a result. The onky country i know that lopped zeros during hyperinflation was Zimbabwe, and it failed and they did it again. Usually countries wait till they get out of hyperinflation before they lop.....thats the smart thing to do once hyperinflation is under control which is where Iraq is now and which is why the CBI is talking about it so much over the years....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1