Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama breaches Marine umbrella protocol

obamamarineumbrella.jpg

4:28 PM 05/16/2013

The commander in chief of the American armed forces today forced a violation of Marine Corps regulations, so he wouldn’t get wet.

According to Marine Corps regulation MCO P1020.34F of the Marine Corps Uniform Regulations chapter 3, a male Marine is not allowed to carry an umbrella while in uniform. There is no provision in the Marine Corps uniform regulation guidelines that allows a male Marine to carry an umbrella.

Nevertheless, during a press conference under a light drizzle with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan this morning, President Obama allowed the First Head to be protected from the elements by an umbrella held by a male Marine corporal.

The relevant portion of the regulation reads, “3035. UMBRELLAS (Female Marines). Female Marines may carry an all-black, plain standard or collapsible umbrella at their option during inclement weather with the service and dress uniforms. It will be carried in the left hand so that the hand salute can be properly rendered. Umbrellas may not be used/carried in formation nor will they be carried with the utility uniform.”

Items not expressly delineated as authorized components of the Marine Corps uniform are prohibited. Male Marines are informed never to carry an umbrella from the earliest phases of training.

Not even the President of the United States can request a Marine to carry an umbrella without the express consent of the Commandant of the Marine Corps, according the Marine Corps Manual.

The Marine Corps Manual, the guidebook that defines protocol for officers and enlisted Marines, in section 2806 paragraph 2, specifically states “The Marine Corps Uniform Regulations, published by the Commandant of the Marine Corps, shall be binding on all Marines. No officer or official shall issue instructions which conflict with, alter, or amend any provision without the approval of the Commandant of the Marine Corps.”

944142_10151405036820773_1683960715_n.jp

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

And the commandant of the marines works for who???

You still have Rules and Regulations...So what your Point because he has the Title of Prez.. he can do as he wish...you can see what kind of trouble he in for his derelict of Duties..

• Upvote 4

Commander in Chief.........be sure to add "Umbrellagate" the nonsense list.   :shakehead: 

GO RV, then BV

"Umbrellagate".. :lol: .. Score one for Shabb's.. ;) .. just gotta remember how many shot's the press has put out over the years when others who where president from both sides presented them with "photo ops"... just gotta remember to keep it light and not personal.  "But"... that said... maybe I'm old fashioned, but I ain't lettin' nobody hold an umbrella for me... just sayin'!!!  :rolleyes: 

• Upvote 3

There are going to be those who think this is no big deal.  But as 'Commander and Chief' it is essential that he know the protocols of the various branches.  You cannot lead where you do not know.  Not knowing protocol yet expecting or instructing things contrary to that protocol is to show disrespect to those protocols.  And it must be kept in mind that these are Marines.  Protocol and tradition is everything.  The President just showed his military ignorance.

• Upvote 5

There are going to be those who think this is no big deal.  But as 'Commander and Chief' it is essential that he know the protocols of the various branches.  You cannot lead where you do not know.  Not knowing protocol yet expecting or instructing things contrary to that protocol is to show disrespect to those protocols.  And it must be kept in mind that these are Marines.  Protocol and tradition is everything.  The President just showed his military ignorance.

I can respect that opinion desimo......and to expand on that, Nobody should be allowed to hold the presidency without having served in the military......and ROTC only does not count.  As always, just my opinion.  

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thank you shabs.  I agree with you also.  How can anyone be their 'commander' and not know the internal details of their protocols as well as their mindset.  When you understand the military mindset there is a renewed respect for the military person and the fingers that intertwine the families, races, religions, creeds, colors, histories and backgrounds of those involved.  There is an element of honor deeply rooted in the military and military mindset that demands its place for anyone who claims to want to lead.  Unfortunately I see a rapidly approaching time when our military will have to choose between honor and orders.  I do not envy them when that time arrives.

• Upvote 1

Couldn't of said it any better.  Thanks for your response. 

No sense in having protocols, rules. regulations, laws, treaties, if not even our leaders can't abide by them.  :shakehead:

Call it nick picking, complaining and griping, but it sure paints of picture of his ignorance. 

• Upvote 2

As an ex-marine, I can never recall being issued an umbrella. I cant remember ever seeing anyone using an umbrella in uniform either. to marines, that is 'pansy'. Like being afraid of a little water. I think the other services allow such, that is why you might see pics of other service members carrying them. dunno, just saying.....peace

• Upvote 2

I can respect that opinion desimo......and to expand on that, Nobody should be allowed to hold the presidency without having served in the military......and ROTC only does not count.  As always, just my opinion.  

GO RV, then BV

OMG Shabbs, we actually agree on something??

The end must be near...

• Upvote 4