Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What's God got to do with It ?

As I reread those words of my salvation it did bring a tear to my eye. 

What a wonderful God we have. I know how easy it is to think your saved 

and not be. How such great knowledge of the word can be the very thing

that Satan will use against us. And I know that the word of God in the hands 

of the lost will only be, book smarts. The bible is like a magical book. Though 

not actually magic. It is the Holy Spirit that reveals to us what we need, when 

we need it. For God only knows what we need. That is why when your saved and 

read the word of God, the same passage you read before can have a different 

meaning. God speaks to his children through his word. But don't think for one second 

that is the only way God speaks. My testimony is proof that God can and will speak to 

us whenever he wants. I made the mistake of thinking myself to be something I wasn't.

​Saved, but God in his infinite glory and wisdom showed me otherwise. But he has done 

so much more than that. Folks when I tell you that all you have to do is seek the will of God,

I am begging you to ask. If at first you don't succeed then ask again. God is there, he wants 

to speak to you. He wants to speak to everyone. For all that is good, PLEASE JUST ASK.

The word of God tells us to,  " work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" Philippians 2:12

This is not something one wants to get wrong. I can tell everyone here that even after I gave 

my life to Christ I have asked for his, blessed assurance of my salvation. You know what he 

did to give that to me? He brought me closer to him than I ever dreamed possible. So that now 

no demon in hell can make me question. We grow from grace to grace. You don't just give your

live to Jesus and then have all the answers. That is why the apostle Paul told the Corinthians,

1 Corinthians 3:1-15 But I, brothers, could not address you as spiritual people, but as people of the flesh, as infants in Christ. I fed you with milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it. And even now you are not yet ready, for you are still of the flesh

As I see the Lord work in me I am amazed at his love. Never did I think God was this wonderful, never did 

I imagine that Faith was this amazing. I once heard Joyce Myers say that the word has yet to see what God 

can do with someone that will give him all the Glory. To be that person is my deepest prayer. A rather abnormal 

request, to be sure, but I believe if your going to strive for something then strive for the top of the mountain.

Be the best you can be, reach for the top, and get there at all cost. God is there waiting for all who will come.  

• Upvote 2

On the topic of hell and the lake of fire mentioned in The Revelation of Jesus Christ, I read an interesting book by Stephen Jones called Creation's Jubilee, which changed my view of what has been preached from the pulpit in many churches. It's a good read, and he has many other good books that are good studies of God's Word.

http://gods-kingdom-ministries.net/teachings/books/

May the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob give you wisdom and understanding that only comes from Him.

WM13

• Upvote 1

I don't mind reading other books when doing research of Bible topics; I have 6,000 in my personal library.  However, the first thing that needs to researched is the Bible. If one does a study on "hell" or "heaven" or all the other topics, look at all the biblical passages and read them in context, find other words are phrases that has the same meaning, write down what the passages teach about the subject.  Only when that is done is it good to go to other sources: books, taped lectures, articles, etc.

IF they write of state what the Bible teaches then they are on the correct teaching from God.  IF they state anything contrary to what you have found in the Bible then reject their words and stick to the Bible.  "Let God be found true and every man be found a liar."  

"I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel, which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you, and want to distort the gospel of Christ.  But even though we (apostles, g3), or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. . . if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that you have received, let him be accursed" (Gal 1:6-9).

"Watch yourselves, that you might not lose what we have accomplished, but that you many receive a full reward.  Any one who does too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has bother the Father and the Son.  If any one comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; for the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds" (2Jno 9-10).

• Upvote 1

I understand and respect everybodys own relationship with thier higher power. That's a very personal thing in my opinion. I talk to "GOD" all the time. It's the little voice in my head that tells me when I'm f---ing up. When I listen everything works out. When I don't, things go bad, real bad. I look at Jesus my brother, not my savior.  I believe he WAS trying to tell us how to save ourselves by using what god gave us, OUR MINDS.  By the way, getting back to the original thread ,What's God Got To Do With It ? Nothing in my opinion. It's totally up to the Iraqi's.  ALOHA AND STAY PONO 

• Upvote 1

I understand and respect everybodys own relationship with thier higher power. That's a very personal thing in my opinion. I talk to "GOD" all the time. It's the little voice in my head that tells me when I'm f---ing up. When I listen everything works out. When I don't, things go bad, real bad. I look at Jesus my brother, not my savior.  I believe he WAS trying to tell us how to save ourselves by using what god gave us, OUR MINDS.  By the way, getting back to the original thread ,What's God Got To Do With It ? Nothing in my opinion. It's totally up to the Iraqi's.  ALOHA AND STAY PONO 

Good Post Ponoboy.

Follow Your Heart... Just Take Your Mind Along With You. :)

• Upvote 1

Ponoboy, Jesus is the Christian's brother (Hebrews 2:9-18).  His love for mankind through His death on the Cross has demonstrated that to us.  That love demonstrates that He is also our Savior (Titus 2:11 - 3:7).  

I agree with you, a person cannot leave their mind and reasoning power behind when they consider Christianity. Or any thing else. The Bible's supreme purpose is not to give us directions and rules for living, but to present the unfolding plan of God to redeem mankind.  God's entire plan to accomplish that is through Jesus Christ, our Lord.  To believe/trust in Jesus IS to accept Him as Savior.  Without that trust and acceptance of Jesus and what He did at the cross is unbelief.  Is that where you are in your spiritual journey?

• Upvote 1

Matthew 10:32-34 NLT)

32 “Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven.

34 “Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword.

• Upvote 1

Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword.

End Quote

I'm sure there must be a context this statement belongs to... In this form  it just sounds more like a war declaration than a message of love.
I guess we will all check the veracity ( or lack thereof)  of this one personally in due time.
Edited by umbertino

Matthew 10:32-34 NLT)

32 “Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven.

34 “Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword.

"leave God out of it?"  I thought it was God.  Nothing that exists, down to the very air we breathe, would exist except God spoke it into creation.

"leave God out of it?"  I thought it was God.  Nothing that exists, down to the very air we breathe, would exist except God spoke it into creation.

Markinsa, I was replying to a post made earlier. Sorry. Didn't mean to correct you, although I may mean to do it someday. haha

I just had this very discussion after reading 12thman's latest post.  Please understand that I am very respectful of and support everyone's right to their faith.  That's one of the things that makes this country great and what I'm about to comment on is in no way an attack against Christianity or any other religion for that matter. 

My Dad wrote the book Collapse of Evolution, has a PHD and has lectured all over the country in support of Christianity but approaches proving creationism from a scientific point of view.  My Mom is one of the leading Christian artists in the world and has been published by National Geographic and her paintings on the Underground Railroad series are found in almost every classroom history book in the U.S.  I really try to avoid this topic but here it goes:

6-2-13 SWFG: Thanks for bringing in the rumor RVsoonPlease, that's exactly what this section is for.  Here's my personal apriorism toward certain posts like this.  First of all, I am a Christian, grew up in private schools my whole life until I was 16. I am proud of those have the guts to share their faith with others.  However, I don't believe that someone should use God to back up their rumors. In fact, I find it offensive.  

1 Timothy 6:10:  "For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows."  Many gurus claim to be prophets and use this as a tool to gain many followers (often great individuals), who are falling for this fourberie. 

When a prediction is made and the ratiocination behind the prediction is because God wants us all to become millionaires overnight it just blows my mind. Think of how many potentially evil, powerful and very wealthy people would also profit from this and potentially use it to accumulate even more power to further their cause. 

If you remember, Jesus wasn't the biggest fan of money changers.  During the cleansing of the temple he expelled them all, accusing them of turning the Temple into a den of thieves through their commercial activities.  I respect everyone's right to their beliefs and have absolutely no right to push my personal beliefs on anyone else.  I'm simply stating my own personal opinion that God is not here to be our Sugar Daddy. 

Saying a prayer before a call, before you go to bed, praying for loved ones or anything else for that matter is something I respect.  But I don't like seeing God used as an apparatus at the end of every rumor, when it is clearly being used to gain support for their unsubstantiated claims.   I'm not going into this subject again.  I realize it's one that people feel very strongly about but I felt compelled to just this once offer my feelings on the subject. 

That's not to say that God is not in control of this.  I hope everyone realizes the distinction I am trying to make here.  Thanks

:bravo: