Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What's God got to do with It ?

Who, I don't get it? Are you talking about somebody or a personal relationship, or a supernatural BEING. I'm confused. Give me some facts. And don't  quote scripture unless you have to.

Do you believe Jesus of Nazareth (aka Jesus Christ) was a real person?

-

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes I do believe he WAS a real person. Sorry to inform you of this, but he aint comin back to save any of our souls. IMO that's up to us. Please stop quoting that Mathew scripture. I'm not mocking you or persecuting you. I really feel sorry for. You've obviously been blinded by the religious programing you've received. What works for me may not work for you. The important thing to me,and that's just me. Is my own relationship with MY god. So don't try to tell me I have to accept jesus to believe in GOD

• Upvote 2

Yes I do believe he WAS a real person. Sorry to inform you of this, but he aint comin back to save any of our souls. IMO that's up to us. Please stop quoting that Mathew scripture. I'm not mocking you or persecuting you. I really feel sorry for. You've obviously been blinded by the religious programing you've received. What works for me may not work for you. The important thing to me,and that's just me. Is my own relationship with MY god. So don't try to tell me I have to accept jesus to believe in GOD

1. And you know that Jesus isn't coming back to save anyone's soul by what authority?

2. In your opinion it's up to us, so what must we do to save anyone's soul?

3. "What works for me may not work for you", do you see the problem there, if I do it your way, it may not work for me, then what?

4. Blinded by religious programming, obviously you've been blinded by the god of this world!

• Upvote 2

Well it's my understanding that the definition of "Christian" is to be Christ like. Do you actually believe I'm going to hell because I disagree. You should have been one of the inquisition that killed 150 million people world wide. Do you think Jesus would agree with that.? I doubt it.

Well it's my understanding that the definition of "Christian" is to be Christ like. Do you actually believe I'm going to hell because I disagree. You should have been one of the inquisition that killed 150 million people world wide. Do you think Jesus would agree with that.? I doubt it.

Please accept my contribution to the thread:

• The correct definition of 'Christian' is one who acknowledges they are a sinner and has been forgiven by Christ through His death and resurrection.  One doesn't have to become a Christian if they do not want to however, just because one attempts to copy Christ's compassionate nature (being Christ-like) without acknowledging their sinful nature doesn't make them a Christian either.

• Let's expand your 'inquisition' allegation to hypothetically admit that every Christian who has ever lived murdered three other human beings in Christ's name.  How would the immoral and murderous behavior of Christ's followers exempt you from responding to Christ's claim,  "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."?

• Upvote 1

If he was a real person, where is his body buried?

-

• Upvote 1

-

Markinsa, this is just an extension of your statement. 

He was a real person. Human in every respect, but also God in every respect.  The way He became Savior is through being totally God and totally man.  At the resurrection He was changed/transformed into an immortal Being with a body fitted for the eternal spiritual realm (1Cor 15:35-58). The empty tomb is a result of Jesus' burial and resurrection into the type of body that all those who believe will have at our resurrection (2Cor 5:1-8; 1Jno 3:2-3). At the present time He (Jesus) only has immortality (1Tim 6:13-16). Since the body has been raised and transformed there is no physical body, but there is an immortal one seated at the right hand of God (Acts 2:34).

• Upvote 2

So when someone says " On God's time" or " God's will " or " this will happen God willing" is incorrect..... Ok. Thanks Nelg.

The is a hugh difference between God knowing when and what events will happen (or not happen) and causing them to happen because it is His will.  If you are talking about the RV; I don't think God is causing it to happen or that it is in His predetermined Will.  That is imagined and talked about by mankind, but not found in His predetermined Will (Bible) for mankind.  There are no "prophecies" or "revelations" to anyone about the RV.  If a person says he has "a word from God" about the dinar, close your ears and run.  They are about to spout their opinions, which will not come to pass.   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We are all soul.  Those of us that are active on this physical plane also are running a physical body at this point.  As soul, we are eternal sparks of God made in God's image as soul.  Soul doesn't die.  Whenever our physical body is no longer any good to us we'll step out of that body and move on to another plane of existence determined by our state of consciousness at that time.  All religions are of God set up for those whose states of consciousness are needed at that point.  All of the holy books thru out the world were written by spiritually led individuals.  The truth of their writings are dependent upon their state of consciousness at the time they authored the works.  I don't know how many different versions of the Koran or the Bible there are but I'll bet that each person that just studys their particular version will swear that all of the other versions are wrong and only the version they follow is the correct one.  In this respect, I'm sure they are correct "for them!".  The old adage of God weeping or being sad, or going thru any of these emotional traits were used to get the kids to go to bed at night when they were supposed to.  Whatever religion or tools one can use that will actually help one to experience the light and sound of God and grow in love and personal experience is what one wants to use at any given time.  If a religion no longer fulfills that role for a person, they need to search until they find one that better fits them.  Just don't get hung up on the religion or tool and loose sight of the goal of self realization and God realization.  

God is not contradictory nor does He teach contradictions. If God reveals a truth to one religion and it is contradictory to another religious beliefs, how do you determine which is true?  Picking and choosing base on human opinion is disastrous and the decision you make on heightens the dilemma.   

Yes, there are many religious documents in the world. And most of them were written by spiritual individuals.  Spiritually does not determine the truthfulness of their writings. In most of them there are multiple cultural, historical, scientific, and moral errors. But the Bible was not authored by human beings, but by God.  The "versions" have never claimed inspiration because they are language translations and have nothing to do with whether it is God's Word or not.  Most "versions" will have translation errors in them.  It is foolish for a person to claim their version is the only correct one.  

What the Bible reveals is the salvation found in Christ.  It is not another set of rules so that people can do them and achieve their own salvation.  Individuals cannot achieve their own salvation with or without salvation.  Any individual who is saved has not been saved by doing good works, but by dying to self and by believing in Christ as Lord and Savior. 

Making all religions "truth" is a faulty understand of "truth."  

• Upvote 2

The is a hugh difference between God knowing when and what events will happen (or not happen) and causing them to happen because it is His will.  If you are talking about the RV; I don't think God is causing it to happen or that it is in His predetermined Will.  That is imagined and talked about by mankind, but not found in His predetermined Will (Bible) for mankind.  There are no "prophecies" or "revelations" to anyone about the RV.  If a person says he has "a word from God" about the dinar, close your ears and run.  They are about to spout their opinions, which will not come to pass.   

I wasn't talking about RV but in general when People tend to use those expressions.

What are you saying nelg? God doesn't speak to people about events in this day and age? I've had God show me people I've never met. I saw an elderly woman and a woman approximately 35 years old that were to show up at a home Bible study. He showed me their physical need and when I got to the Bible study these ladies showed up 20 minutes later. I wrote their needs down on a piece of paper as I was instructed to do. We did the Bible study and then I shared with these ladies what God showed me. We prayed and God healed them. So I don't understand why God can't reveal things to people about the Iraqi dinar.

1. And you know that Jesus isn't coming back to save anyone's soul by what authority?

2. In your opinion it's up to us, so what must we do to save anyone's soul?

3. "What works for me may not work for you", do you see the problem there, if I do it your way, it may not work for me, then what?

4. Blinded by religious programming, obviously you've been blinded by the god of this world!

Read the previous post I was responding to. Let me suffice to say those opinions are mine and mine only. and in closing why would you want what works for me unless it's not working for you.

Edited by Markinsa
Repaired Quote Box

What are you saying nelg? God doesn't speak to people about events in this day and age? I've had God show me people I've never met. I saw an elderly woman and a woman approximately 35 years old that were to show up at a home Bible study. He showed me their physical need and when I got to the Bible study these ladies showed up 20 minutes later. I wrote their needs down on a piece of paper as I was instructed to do. We did the Bible study and then I shared with these ladies what God showed me. We prayed and God healed them. So I don't understand why God can't reveal things to people about the Iraqi dinar.

Sorry for the “drive by” posts.  Last night’s post were quick, as this one will be. 

You post deserve a longer answer, but this is all I have time to give you now.

The Spirit does work in the lives of believers and gives spiritual gifts to each person, as the Spirit deems necessary.  He will give us a gift of discernment and as we walk in the Spirit we will accomplish His will.  Individual needs, actions of love, and words to speak to an individual are in harmony with God’s revealed Will in His Words, the Bible.  Prophecies and words of knowledge that disclose God’s hidden knowledge for the world or a nation, if revealed should be written down and included as “God’s Word,” the Bible.  I do not believe that the Spirit’s activity or discernment that He gave to you should be considered as biblical revelation,.  And from what I have read from you, neither do you.  Doing what God has already told us to do is only functioning as a child of God.  He did not give you any “revelation” that is contradictory to the Bible’s instruction.

God’s revealed Will, the Bible, needs no addition.  It is not that He “can not” give revelation, but that He has elected not to do so.  And those “prophecies “ about the dinar have proved to be false, contradictory, and cast a cataract of doubt over the eyes of both believer and unbeliever.  We justify their being “in error” (wrong) by saying that actions of someone in the U.S. or Iraq thwarted the prophecy from coming to past.  Such a justification for our error places all the responsibility on God who DID NOT KNOW what would happen!  No, such prophecies are false for God did not reveal anything to them.  It was a result of their own imagination. 

• Upvote 3

Good morning Nelg, Just to address a couple of points you made responding to my statements:  God never changes.  Only man's perceptions changes.  No one's state of consciousness stays the same.  Once you read a good book and come back later and read it again you'll be reading it from a different state of consciousness and more than likely, anyway very often, get a different understanding of what you read the first time.  I believe you stated that, "In most writings there is multiple cultural, historical, scientific, & moral errors.  I believe you just described the Bible.  Let me add unintentional errors and translation errors.  Then on top of that, when the reader reads it there is the very strong possibility that the reader does not understand what the author is trying to say.  The proof in that is the number of different Christian religions.  I have never found two people in a Church that believed all of the same thing.  They closely believe the same thing, that is why they all go to that particular Church.  Any book in print today was printed by man's printing press and what is printed is somebody's interpretation of what some very enlightened individuals may have written a few hundred years ago.  No, the more I think about it, it's not even that close.  It is more somebody's interpretation of numerous other's interpretations from books that have been translated according to somebody else's interpretations.  The Bible is a beautiful book, I know a lot of people that have read it and followed it's teachings in their life and have looked within to the temple and have had a wonderful life.  Miracles continue to happen today.  If one looks about and watches they can happen in your life.  Prophecys continue today.  I have had prophetic dreams that did manifest in the physical but they were for me personally and my loved ones and I didn't go out on the street and try to save anyone.  As far as Jesus dying for my sins, well, I am soul, I will live for eternity.  I know that I don't have to have a physical body to exist because I have been out of my physical body and taken up into the light.  It is a wondrous experience.  All spiritual teachings worth their salt teach the law of karma. For every action there is a reaction.  We all reap what we sow.  We can be forgiven all day my friend but we still have to pay the price.  Either in this lifetime or the next.  The Christ consciousness that Jesus attained is a worthy goal for any individual.  I'll be glad when you & I attain it. It's just a matter of time!!  Gary2 

Why do some people to say that the R.V. is  even associated to some  kind of spiritual intervention. I.M.O. this is a solid investment. It's based on almost  an unreal amount of natural resources. God is  an explanation for the things we can't explain. The oil,gas,gold,water is there,It's REAL

Ok so I took a little time to get involved in this thread. But I 

simply believe that God put a very simple reply in my heart for 

you....................................

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Rite now God loves you more that you can imagine. And he wants to 

be involved in every aspect of your life. He's knocking at the door of 

your heart. I know simply because you asked this question. God is, and 

has forever been involved in the affairs of men. "you have no power over me,

save that which my father in heaven has given you". These are the words that 

Christ spoke to Pilot just before the crucifixion. We know from his word that all 

the leaders of the world have been placed where they are by God. And don't complain 

about wicked leaders either, God uses anything he wants to his will. And for his good.

God wants to give you advise in business, God wants to give you advise in love. God 

wants to give you advise as to what to wear to work today.

You would do this for your own child, would you not?

YOU ARE GODS CHILD! whether you admit it of not. He loves you as much as anyone.

And yes he wants EVERYTHING to do with your life.  

P.S,

Amen NELG you nailed that one.

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy
  • Upvote 1

I just had this very discussion after reading 12thman's latest post.  Please understand that I am very respectful of and support everyone's right to their faith.  That's one of the things that makes this country great and what I'm about to comment on is in no way an attack against Christianity or any other religion for that matter. 

My Dad wrote the book Collapse of Evolution, has a PHD and has lectured all over the country in support of Christianity but approaches proving creationism from a scientific point of view.  My Mom is one of the leading Christian artists in the world and has been published by National Geographic and her paintings on the Underground Railroad series are found in almost every classroom history book in the U.S.  I really try to avoid this topic but here it goes:

6-2-13 SWFG: Thanks for bringing in the rumor RVsoonPlease, that's exactly what this section is for.  Here's my personal apriorism toward certain posts like this.  First of all, I am a Christian, grew up in private schools my whole life until I was 16. I am proud of those have the guts to share their faith with others.  However, I don't believe that someone should use God to back up their rumors. In fact, I find it offensive.  

1 Timothy 6:10:  "For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows."  Many gurus claim to be prophets and use this as a tool to gain many followers (often great individuals), who are falling for this fourberie. 

When a prediction is made and the ratiocination behind the prediction is because God wants us all to become millionaires overnight it just blows my mind. Think of how many potentially evil, powerful and very wealthy people would also profit from this and potentially use it to accumulate even more power to further their cause. 

If you remember, Jesus wasn't the biggest fan of money changers.  During the cleansing of the temple he expelled them all, accusing them of turning the Temple into a den of thieves through their commercial activities.  I respect everyone's right to their beliefs and have absolutely no right to push my personal beliefs on anyone else.  I'm simply stating my own personal opinion that God is not here to be our Sugar Daddy. 

Saying a prayer before a call, before you go to bed, praying for loved ones or anything else for that matter is something I respect.  But I don't like seeing God used as an apparatus at the end of every rumor, when it is clearly being used to gain support for their unsubstantiated claims.   I'm not going into this subject again.  I realize it's one that people feel very strongly about but I felt compelled to just this once offer my feelings on the subject. 

That's not to say that God is not in control of this.  I hope everyone realizes the distinction I am trying to make here.  Thanks

Edited by SWFloridaGuy
  • Upvote 5

SWFG, great post!  I totally agree.  I'm leaving in 45 min. to teach and preach the gospel of Christ. I am mindful of those who have strong religious beliefs, but like you I do not think that the RV is planned, controlled, or blessed by God.  Certainly we will be "blessed," but only if we use the funds to glorify Him.  Again, thanks for the post.

• Upvote 2

SWFG, great post!  I totally agree.  I'm leaving in 45 min. to teach and preach the gospel of Christ. I am mindful of those who have strong religious beliefs, but like you I do not think that the RV is planned, controlled, or blessed by God.  Certainly we will be "blessed," but only if we use the funds to glorify Him.  Again, thanks for the post.

Help me here Nelg, I know that you are well versed in the 

word of our Lord. Yet I know that God is in control of everything. I 

know that nothing, and the scriptures testify to the fact, happens 

without the knowledge, and approval of God. Satan could not even 

attack Job without Gods permission. As stated before, Pilot had no 

power over Christ, "you could have no power AT ALL against me, except 

it were given you from above:". john 19:11

Romans

13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Does not this scripture say that all powers and people of authority are placed 

where they are by God? "for there is no power but of God". If then God 

placed all men and powers of authority, how shall we say that God is not in all 

things? 

not think that the RV is planned, controlled, or blessed by God.

Honestly, I think I have answered my own question. Your correct God may not 

have planned, controlled, or blessed this upcoming event. However, I can assure 

you that it can only happen if he allows it to. In that respect God is in all things. It is 

my belief that what we will soon be witnessing is the rise of the kingdom of the Antichrist.

Babylon the Great, will rule this world again. You know the Prophesy's of Isaiah, and Daniel.

This kingdom can not rise but that our Lord allows it to. 

This part is for SWflorida, I can't, and wont, speak for others but I can tell you that I would 

not attack someone for having a different point of view. I know what is truth and I speak it 

to all that will hear. That is what God has told me to do. But let me ask you one question if I may.

If I told you that just this very morning I was praying our Lord concerning my fiances, his calling 

on my life, and this investment; and that God gave me an answer while at church this morning

to that prayer: would that be prophesy?  

Let me give you the answer to my prayer......

Proverbs 3:5-7

King James Version (KJV)

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.

This in answer to my prayer, and not just the prayer that I asked this morning, but a 

continuation of all my prayers on this subject. Heretofore God has told me concerning

the subject of my fiances and my faithfulness in tithing these words; soon; very soon;

and SUDDENLY. So for me I believe that God has said yes this will happen. Do you call 

that prophesy? I ask that as a legitimate question in that I can see where it may be considered 

as such, yet it was a revelation given to me. The ONLY reason I have brought it here is

because truepatriot asked me what God had shown me. It seemed good to me that others 

might glean some hope from it also. Let it be noted that I am just a man and as a man 

I can be fallible.  This is why I always state that I am only a truck driver. Would that God 

would call me to be a prophet, but prophets don't make mistakes when they give prophesy. 

I, unfortunately, have been wrong in this investment many times.

May God bless you and Nelg both for the work you do here.  

I just had this very discussion after reading 12thman's latest post.  Please understand that I am very respectful of and support everyone's right to their faith.  That's one of the things that makes this country great and what I'm about to comment on is in no way an attack against Christianity or any other religion for that matter. 

My Dad wrote the book Collapse of Evolution, has a PHD and has lectured all over the country in support of Christianity but approaches proving creationism from a scientific point of view.  My Mom is one of the leading Christian artists in the world and has been published by National Geographic and her paintings on the Underground Railroad series are found in almost every classroom history book in the U.S.  I really try to avoid this topic but here it goes:

6-2-13 SWFG: Thanks for bringing in the rumor RVsoonPlease, that's exactly what this section is for.  Here's my personal apriorism toward certain posts like this.  First of all, I am a Christian, grew up in private schools my whole life until I was 16. I am proud of those have the guts to share their faith with others.  However, I don't believe that someone should use God to back up their rumors. In fact, I find it offensive.  

1 Timothy 6:10:  "For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows."  Many gurus claim to be prophets and use this as a tool to gain many followers (often great individuals), who are falling for this fourberie. 

When a prediction is made and the ratiocination behind the prediction is because God wants us all to become millionaires overnight it just blows my mind. Think of how many potentially evil, powerful and very wealthy people would also profit from this and potentially use it to accumulate even more power to further their cause. 

If you remember, Jesus wasn't the biggest fan of money changers.  During the cleansing of the temple he expelled them all, accusing them of turning the Temple into a den of thieves through their commercial activities.  I respect everyone's right to their beliefs and have absolutely no right to push my personal beliefs on anyone else.  I'm simply stating my own personal opinion that God is not here to be our Sugar Daddy. 

Saying a prayer before a call, before you go to bed, praying for loved ones or anything else for that matter is something I respect.  But I don't like seeing God used as an apparatus at the end of every rumor, when it is clearly being used to gain support for their unsubstantiated claims.   I'm not going into this subject again.  I realize it's one that people feel very strongly about but I felt compelled to just this once offer my feelings on the subject. 

That's not to say that God is not in control of this.  I hope everyone realizes the distinction I am trying to make here.  Thanks

I AGREE WITH YOU 100 % Let's try to leave the god thing out of it. And stick to the facts. And there looking pretty D--- Good! Aloha and stay pono!

-

Who Knows. But it was worm food a long time ago

• Upvote 1

I AGREE WITH YOU 100 % Let's try to leave the god thing out of it. And stick to the facts. And there looking pretty D--- Good! Aloha and stay pono!

Who Knows. But it was worm food a long time ago

You do know there are no Air Conditioners, Fans or Water in Hell don't you?

-

It is my belief that what we will soon be witnessing is the rise of the kingdom of the Antichrist.

Babylon the Great, will rule this world again. You know the Prophesy's of Isaiah, and Daniel.

This kingdom cannot rise but that our Lord allows it to.  My understanding of the prophecies in the OT is they have been fulfilled.  The statements in the NT concerning the antichrist may still be future, but there are many who have the spirit of the antichrist during the first century (1Jno 4:1-6). There will be the “man of lawlessness” who will be revealed just  before the return of Christ (2Thess 2).  But this is a “man” and not a nation (aka Babylon).   

This part is for SWflorida, I can't, and wont, speak for others but I can tell you that I would 

not attack someone for having a different point of view. I know what is truth and I speak it 

to all that will hear. That is what God has told me to do. But let me ask you one question if I may.

If I told you that just this very morning I was praying our Lord concerning my fiances, his calling 

on my life, and this investment; and that God gave me an answer while at church this morning

to that prayer: would that be prophesy?  

Let me give you the answer to my prayer......

Proverbs 3:5-7

King James Version (KJV)

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.

This in answer to my prayer, and not just the prayer that I asked this morning, but a 

continuation of all my prayers on this subject. Heretofore God has told me concerning

the subject of my fiances and my faithfulness in tithing these words; soon; very soon;

and SUDDENLY. So for me I believe that God has said yes this will happen. Do you call 

that prophesy? I ask that as a legitimate question in that I can see where it may be considered 

as such, yet it was a revelation given to me. The ONLY reason I have brought it here is

because truepatriot asked me what God had shown me. It seemed good to me that others 

might glean some hope from it also. Let it be noted that I am just a man and as a man 

I can be fallible.  This is why I always state that I am only a truck driver. Would that God 

would call me to be a prophet, but prophets don't make mistakes when they give prophesy. 

I, unfortunately, have been wrong in this investment many times.

I cannot answer for SWFG, he may have a totally different answer.  Stating one’s view in opposition to another’s view is not an attack upon the person (usually).  The clash of ideas is the means of shedding light on a particular subject; the means of getting to truth; the sharpening of our minds.  It is a healthy and good way to have beliefs challenged in order to see the faults or strengths of what we believe to be true.  All truth undergoes such scrutiny.  If what we believe cannot “stand” under such pressure from the opposition, then it needs to be accepted. 

I don’t think I have read anything that SWFG has personally attacked anyone on these forums.

Now concerning prophecy.

The general definition of a “prophet” is one who is a spokes person for another, as Aaron was a spokesman or mouth for Moses ( Ex 4:16; 7:1).  According to the uniform teaching of the Scripture the prophet is a speaker of or for God.  His words are not the production of his own spirit, but come from a higher source, the Holy Spirit.  In both OT and NT, a prophet is one who, under the influence of the Holy Spirit speaks the words and the thoughts of God, whether they relate to the past, present, or future.  Therefore as a prophet he was a spokesman, a mouth. The prophets of God then would be the mouth of God. God said that when He should raise up a prophet, He would put His words in the prophet’s mouth and the prophet would speak them in His name (Dt 18:9-22).  The Hebrew prophet was an ambassador of God sent to make known the will and purpose of Jehovah to His chosen people (Amos 3:7-8; Jer 23:16; Ezek 13:1-7).  As a spokesman for God he was more a “forth-teller” than a “fore-teller.”  To be sure, the prophet of the Bible did foretell future events, but this is not the basic meaning of what he did.  In the OT, the prophets took the Law (Pentateuch) the revealed will of God, and preached that will to the people, calling them back to obedience and faith.  In that sense they were “preachers” of the word. 

When they did speak “predictions” of the future (prophecies concerning the kingdom, Christ, the coming of the Spirit, events concerning salvation in Christ they were at a loss to know the meaning of what they said.  Therefore they searched to understand what the Spirit had revealed to them (1Pt 1:10-12). Their preaching and predictions are part of the books we have in our Bibles. 

Most of the prophets of God did not desire or ask for the position.  They were specifically chosen by God to speak in particular situations. 

Today’s “prophets” are individuals dedicated to God and committed to faithfully proclaim what God has revealed and given in Scripture.  They do not speak with any miraculous or divine inspiration or revelation from God, but simply and powerfully proclaim what God has already revealed in the Bible.  They “preach” their insight and understanding of based on their study of the Scripture. If they believe and have the indwelling Holy Spirit, then their study will be combined with faith to create powerful preaching.

What you experienced was an answer to prayer through what God had already revealed in Scripture.  It is information that any person who studies the Scriptures has received and understands.  The “soon, very soon, then suddenly” is vague and can be interpreted in a number of ways.  How did you decide that this related to the RV?  I have heard the expression before but do not know its origin.  I believe it was said a couple of years ago by someone making a “prediction” from God, but was brought over from one of the “guru” sites.  It doesn’t sound like any type of prophecy but simply a conclusion drawn from information the mind has accumulated.  JMO

Don’t put yourself down.  Any person can understand the Scripture and become a prophet / preacher with power!  It doesn’t take a degree; it takes an obedient faith; it is hard work, but rewarding.  None of us are anything without God.  And with God, all things are possible.  You can and should “study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of God.”  But remember, if you are a preacher/prophet faithfully proclaiming the Word of God, you will have many hardships. It comes with the territory.

May God bless you and Nelg both for the work you do here.  

• Upvote 1

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/148878-whats-god-got-to-do-with-it/page-10#ixzz2VADFiSKU

You should realize that God is God and that he created you and all that was 

created, how then do you expect to leave God out of anything? He is everything,

and in all things. 

Nelg, I don't know what to say to your response that you would not be greatly offended by,

and it is not my wish to offend. Therefor, I will simply use myself as a example of what I thought

as I read your last post. This is a post that the Holy Spirit put on my heart to give some time ago.

It is my personal testimony and the event with which the Lord showed me where I stood with him 

at that time. I sincerely pray that you may find it of use. 

Well there's good news. There is no such place. Well good news at least since that means there's no such place as hell either.  This is all we've got folks. Make the best of it

My heart pains to read that, as it is so clearly obvious that you know your scriptures better than most, baptist preachers. 

I want to do something here that I am a little concerned might cause me some issues, Nevertheless, something tells me that you might benefit from this. If so then Praise God, If not then please understand that what I have wrote I have done not only because of my love for Jesus Christ, but my love for humanity as a whole. Muslim, Jew, Christian, Atheist ... and the rest, I pray that God will use these words to his glory....

There is nothing that I can say that would change your mind, of this I am sure, so I am not making any attempt to do so. I simply want to tell you about my experience with Christ, what you do with that is up to you.

I was raised Lutheran, but at the age of 13 my sister had an affair with the preacher and his wife found out. So she decided to confront him with it on a Sunday morning. Thus ended my family going to church. It did not, however, end Gods dealing with me. 
From the age of 13 to 18 I lived as secular a life as any teenager, and have suffered the consequences of that my entire life. 
It was one Sunday while I was 18 that I felt like going to church, I went alone and do not remember why. Just did. I heard the gospel preached for the first time in my life and indeed was quite moved by it. At the end of the service the preacher told us that if we wanted to give our life to Jesus we could simply stand up and say this little prayer. I followed his prayer and thought myself to be saved, as they call it.

A few weeks later I joined the Marines and was stationed in Hawaii, KMCAS 3rd bat/ 3rd marines H co. I know what a rough duty station.  :lol:     We went on a west-pac and one fly-away to Okinawa. So as you can imagine it did not take me long to forget about the commitment  I supposedly made with God. 
It was in Hawaii that I met a young man through a collage program who introduced me to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. As you probably can perceive I did not grow up in a stable family environment, so, the " Mormons " family unity was extremely appealing to me. 

I was Baptized  and became a Mormon. It was at this time that I began to study the bible and the book of Mormon with more intent than a seminary student. I feel confident that my knowledge of the word of God, while it can always get better, is far better than most preachers. And I love it when I meet someone with more understanding than myself, as I thrive on learning.
After three years I became an Elder in the church and have even done some temple work. It was at this time in my life that I began to have a serious problem with the doctrine I was being taught.

You see I not only need absolute honesty, I demand it.  I will not accept anything less, especially where my God is concerned. I have always thought, If God is real, and this is true then I darn sure do not want to get it wrong. Mormons believe that, as God is we shall become. Ok that sounds plausible given the concept of eternity. But it does not stop there, as we are God once was. Now hold the presses, you probably could convince me that given eternity I could be able to create universes, however, I simply can not accept that my God, any god for that matter, could ever have been as stupid as I. 

After some time I lost faith in this and all religion, and set out to live my life as you so eloquently put it, " this is all we have..." 
It was some 10yrs latter that my second wife insisted I go with her to a Baptist church. I told her that I would give it a chance but after she had to stop nagging me about it. You know I never had any intentions of accepting what was said. 

Nevertheless, for the first time in my life I heard the word of God preached with power and could not dismiss this. Shortly thereafter I was again baptized and set out to live my life as a,"good Christian". It was not until after witnessing Christians doing some of the most despicable things to other Christians, and another very nasty divorce that I once again lost all faith in religion. But not God this time. I became one of those people who believed I did not need to go to Church to follow God. I would tell others about Jesus whenever I could and indeed led some to the Lord. 

In the grand scheme of things I found myself back in Mississippi with a Christian friend and we started having church in my house. We led some more young adults to the Lord and for a time I thought myself to be a good Christian. But as people always do there own self interest crept in and began to quench my faith once more. 
It was a friend of mine that began to ask me to go with his family to a, " revival ". He just would not stop, kept telling me how much it would help my faith grow. Of course I reminded him how that the scriptures tell us, " in the last days they will heap to them preachers, having itchy ears". In my believe only God could give a revival, and that would be more like the day of Pentecost than what we now call revival. 

Once again I submitted to go only one time if that would shut him up. 
A couple of years prior to this event I bought a King James 1611 study bible and one of the first verses that I underlined in red was Mathew 7:21-23 ," Not everyone that saith unto me Lord Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven....22 many will say to me that day, Lord Lord have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? 23. And I will tell them, I never knew you: depart from me ye that work iniquity." 
I put a red question mark above it because I could not understand how God could say such a thing to people who had done so much for him.  

Well this, revival, preacher got up and like all baptist preachers started making a few jokes. I looked at my friend and scratched my ear, he new what I meant, but only smiled. Finally the preacher told us to open our bibles to Mathew 7: 21-23. The second my eyes looked at the red question mark I had made so many years before I seemed to have lost my hearing. That is to say I could not here another word the preacher spoke. That is because God himself started to speak to me. 
I AM GOING TO SAY THOSE WORDS TO YOU. 
YOU KNOW ALL ABOUT ME, INDEED YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT ME THAN THE PREACHER IN FRONT OF YOU NOW.
BUT YOU DON'T KNOW ME. 
ALL YOU HAVE IS BOOK SMARTS, 
ALL I WANT IS A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP. 
IF YOU DON'T COME AT ME LIKE A CHILD TO HIS DADDY AND DEVELOP A RELATIONSHIP WITH ME THEN YOU LIE TO YOURSELF. 
YOU WILL GO TO HELL. 

I would love to tell you that I went down and got saved rite then, but that did not happen. Even after hearing the voice of God himself I just could not grasp that after 3 baptisms I was not saved. 
After Church I went to my friends home for dinner. I relayed to him the experience that I had, seeking his advice. I conveyed to him that I just could not accept that I was not saved. All my friend would say to me is, do you want to go to the evening service early to talk with the preacher? I agreed to and what happened there is something that very few people here would admit to. But as I have stated before, I must have total honesty when it comes to my God, and that means here also.

I made up my mind, I was going to go over every sin that I knew I had committed and some that could only be a portability. I asked this preacher,
Can a Christian commit adultery? He said, Yes.
Can a Christian commit murder?  Again, Yes [let me clarify here, if you get a woman pregnant and she gets an abortion, in my opinion you are guilty of murder.]
Can a Christian lie? Yes
Can a Christian steal? Yes
Can a Christian manipulate others with evil intent? Yes

I then stopped, thinking to myself two things. What other sins have I done that I do not know? And second I was thinking, wheew this morning must have been some kind of fluke. 
It was then that this preacher sorta cocked his head in amazement and said to me, " but Scotty, a Christian who did those things would be so overwrought with guilt that they nearly could not live with their self. Then it happened, POWER  the such as I have never felt before or since in my life hit me. Without control I began wailing, crying with such a guilt that I just wanted to die. Indeed if I would have had a gun at that moment I probably would have.     

Then he asked me if I wanted to pray the prayer of deliverance with him? With tears streaming down my face, bawling like a 2year old I said NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT!  this is between me and my God alone, then I cried out to God, " please save me Jesus, please save me from myself. I can not do this anymore, I don't know how to. Oh God I need you, I need you to make this real for me. 
PLEASE SAVE ME FROM MYSELF "

Later that week I was baptized in the name of Jesus for the only time that mattered. I wish I could tell you that we have lived happily ever after, but that would be a lie. 
What I can tell you is this, I am a rebel, a Bad Boy for Christ, if you will. And believe me if your truly saved by the grace of God, when you sin, you will feel GUILT! The Holy Spirit will eat you alive until you either repent or push him away. 

But God has a plan and he ALWAYS gets what he wants. I have spent every day since June 18th 1998 at 6:30pm seeking the kingdom of heaven. Drawing nearer to God, and he is faithful. What will he do with me? Lets just say, What can God do with a person 100% committed to him? I pray I find out, but know I am not worthy. Let everything I do be in the name of Christ, for his glory. Because when your saved God never gives up.