Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

AMMO Act To Stop DHS Bullet Stockpiling

The Department of Homeland Security is looking for more ammunition.

That's right; on May 1, the DHS placed a purchase order for "reduced hazard training ammunition," or "frangible" ammunition.

The Department outlined their interest in wanting to order these rounds in over a dozen calibers for use in a variety of different weapons, namely handguns and shotguns.

Included in the solicitation is a lengthy "questionnaire," where the DHS asks the manufacturer questions like:

15. Are you capable of producing large quantity orders of any training caliber specified with a short turnaround time of 30-60 days?

16. What would your lead time be for an order of 2 million rounds of a single type listed above?

17. If you were awarded a contract for some of the calibers listed above, submitted a production lot of one million rounds and that lot or portion of the lot was not accepted, would you be able to replace that order with an additional one million rounds within 60 days?

Though a specific request amount was not arrived at in this order, the above information stands as proof that the Department is interested in amassing millions of additional rounds of ammunition. That is, millions of rounds on top of their current supply which some sources say may number as high as 1.6 billion units of ammunition.

And this isn't the first solicitation this year; the same Department placed an order for 360,000 rounds on March 21, 2013!

Despite its many claims stating the opposite, the DHS is stockpiling ammunition. And regardless of whether or not these rounds are actually used for "training purposes" as the Department states - or whether they simply act to fortify Obama's "Homeland" Army - the DHS' mass ammo purchases are drying up the limited supply of ammunition available to gun owners.

This is exactly why two U.S. Lawmakers from Oklahoma have introduced the AMMO Act of 2013 to "limit the amount of ammunition purchased or possessed by certain Federal agencies for a 6-month period."

Take Action and Blast Faxes to Representatives and Senators DEMANDING that they RESTRICT the Department of Homeland Security's ammunition purchases! Tell Congress to PASS the Ammunition Management for More Obtainability (AMMO) Act of 2013!

The AMMO Act

On April 26, U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) and U.S. Representative Frank Lucas (R-OK-3) introduced the Ammunition Management for More Obtainability Act of 2013 - or, AMMO Act -in order to curb the Department of Homeland Security's ongoing, excessive ammunition purchases.

In a press release, Sen. Inhofe's office noted that "The Act would require the Government Accountability Office (GAO) to conduct a report on the purchasing of ammunition by federal agencies, except the Department of Defense, and its effect on the supply of ammunition available to the public. The AMMO Act would restrict agencies from obtaining additional ammunition for a six-month period if current agency stockpiles are higher than its monthly averages prior to the Obama Administration."

Upon introducing the Act, Sen. Inhofe said, "President Obama has been adamant about curbing law-abiding Americans' access and opportunities to exercise their Second Amendment rights. One way the Obama Administration is able to do this is by limiting what's available in the market with federal agencies purchasing unnecessary stockpiles of ammunition." The Senator continued, saying, "As the public learned in a House committee ... the Department of Homeland Security has two years worth of ammo on hand and allots nearly 1,000 more rounds of ammunition for DHS officers than is used on average by our Army officers. The AMMO Act of 2013 will enforce transparency and accountability of federal agencies' ammunition supply while also protecting law-abiding citizens' access to these resources."

"After hearing from my constituents about the shortage of ammunition in Oklahoma and the Department of Homeland Security's profligate purchases of ammunition," said Rep. Lucas. "We have introduced the AMMO Act of 2013 to curtail these purchases so Americans can exercise their Second Amendment rights without being encumbered by the federal government. I was surprised to find out the DHS has the right to buy up to 750 million rounds of ammunition over the next five years, while it already has two years worth of ammo already. This is an issue that must be addressed, and I am pleased this legislation provides us the opportunity to do so."

As the Representative noted, it is more than an alarming fact that the Department of Homeland Security has a so-called "right" to buy nearly one billion rounds of ammunition over the next few years... while American gun owners are still waiting in lines and prevented from buying more than a few hundred rounds of ammunition at many gun stores.

It is not in the DHS' job description to purchase the majority of purchasable rounds of ammunition on the market and "dry up" the supply of ammunition, preventing Americans from exercising their individual rights to self-defense and own property of their choosing.

It's time for Congress to take action and pass the AMMO Act to prevent the DHS' extravagant bullet purchases!

Take Action and Blast Faxes to Representatives and Senators DEMANDING that they RESTRICT the Department of Homeland Security's ammunition purchases! Tell Congress to PASS the Ammunition Management for More Obtainability (AMMO) Act of 2013!

House Investigation

On April 25, the House Committee of Oversight and Government Reform examined the DHS' stockpiling of ammunition and revealed some very disturbing information.

Opening the meeting, Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz made it a point to specifically clarify that "we [the Committee] are not talking about the Department of Defense [and] we are not talking about the Department of Justice" knowing full well that the figures he would release would stand as a shock to many.

Rather than paraphrase, here is Rep. Chaffetz' report as he delivered it:

"As we have seen, Homeland Security currently has in inventory more than 260 million rounds of ammunition ... they have about 70,000 agents who actually carry and use and train with weapons.

"In fiscal year 2012, the Department of Homeland Security used approximately 116 million rounds of ammunition. In comparison, the United States Army purchased about 391 million rounds of small arms ammunition in fiscal year 2012 for an end-strength of active duty and reserve components of about 1.1 million people. This means that the Army allocated about 347 rounds of small arms ammunition per soldier in fiscal year 2012. Based on Homeland Security's allocation of 1,300 to 1,600 rounds per officer, in comparison, Homeland Security officers used roughly a thousand rounds more per person, or, per officer, than the average Army officer."

While the Department of Homeland Security's Nick Nayak didn't dispute Chaffetz' statistics, he did say - as the DHS always does - that the Department purchases these rounds for "training purposes."

The fact that the U.S. Army - the original Constitutional body for our nation's defense -uses approximately a thousand rounds less per head than the DHS is absolutely astounding and goes to show that the DHS' purchases are completely unacceptable.

Lawmakers must prevent the DHS from stockpiling any more ammunition and pass the AMMO Act of 2013!

Gun-Control Persists

Speaking in Mexico, Barack Obama said last week that the Senate's failure to pass gun-control legislation was just "round one" of the gun-grabbers' push against the Second Amendment. Obama said that he "will continue to do everything in [his] power to pass common-sense reforms that keep guns out of the hands of criminals and dangerous people. That can save lives here in Mexico and back home in the United States. It's the right thing to do."

While Barack Obama and his allies in the United States Congress continue to press for gun-control, they know that banning guns themselves is only part of their overall effort. They know the value of ammunition, and - using Dianne Feinstein's own words - wish to "dry up" the supply.

The Department of Homeland Security's expensive and excessive ammunition purchases has become the gun-grabbers' perfect catalyst to achieve their goal of keeping ammunition out of the hands of gun-owning Americans.

Sen. Inhofe and Rep. Lucas' bill would stop the flow of ammunition federal departments like the DHS. The U.S. Lawmakers from Oklahoma's legislation would "restrict agencies from obtaining additional ammunition for a six-month period if current agency stockpiles are higher than its monthly averages prior to the Obama Administration."

It's time to stop Homeland Security's stockpiling and allow Americans to do some stockpiling of their own ...

For America, Conservative Action Alerts www.ConservativeActionAlerts.com

P.S. The DHS' excessive, expensive ammo purchases can be put to a halt! Tell Congress to PASS the AMMO Act of 2013 to "limit the amount of ammunition purchased or possessed by certain Federal agencies" - Select Here and send your free messages to your Representative and Senators.

I would have to agree with shabbs on this one I think if we restrict ammo purchases it will be the beginning of the end for the people it will just make it easier for them to restrict the publics purchasing amounts we really don't want to open this can of worms it maybe rattle snakes instead of worms.

• Upvote 1

The answer is YES! DHS doesn't need all of that ammo unless they plan to wage war. Since when do agencies like the National Weather service need huge amounts of ammo? That is just one of many recipients of the HUGE ammo grab that BIG Sis is undertaking. This should be one of those "red flag" moments of "things that make you go Hmmmmmm".

The MILITARY, (all branches) are the only ones who should have stockpiles of Ammo.

Please, DHS has MORE than the army.

Something is amiss.

The stores are already doing it.

Walmart, k-mart ,  cabellas 

2 boxes of ammo per customer.

Its to late its already here.

Yes, but no one is stopping the mighty Big Sis from buying up all the ammo she wants.

Edited by Tripphood
  • Upvote 3

Being that the DHS is buying all of this ammo with tax payer money then any amout of ammo being purchased over 5000 rounds per calendar year per active duty officer of the DHS should have to go to a vote.. I know that they need to practice but were in this country does the DHS need a over million rounds of ammo per officer. There needs to be some kind of check and balance for this because it is affecting the public ammo market.

• Upvote 2

Just why are homeland sec. officiers allowed to carry firearms?  The ones I've met are Barney Fife type wannbes.

That's the kind they're looking for...not the bright ones who are gonna ask questions. You can dig it up somewhere, I was reading how some police department wouldn't hire an officer because he scored to high!!!!!! That scares me.

Remember when you and your friends rushed to the polls in 2008 in hopes of electing the first biracial president to the White House? You had high expectations that this president would do more for black people than any other president (except for Abe Lincoln, Kennedy and Clinton).

Well, a controversial decision by the Obama administration has just set black people back a hundred years in Dayton, Ohio.

Last week, the U.S. Department of Justice (under Obama’s orders) put pressure on Dayton’s Civil Service Board to lower the police recruit exam’s passing test scores because too many black recruits were failing the test.

The original passing scores determined by Civil Service required candidates to answer 57 of 86 (66 percent) questions correctly on one portion and 73 of 102 (72 percent) on the other. The lowered benchmark requires candidates to answer 50 of 86 (58 percent) questions correctly and 64 of 102 (63 percent) of questions on the other. Source

Naturally, the citizens of Dayton (whose taxes will pay the salaries of these unintelligent officers) are outraged at the rule change.

Who wants to live in a city where certain members of the police force (regardless of their skin color) can’t pass a basic competency exam by at least a C minus? If a D is all that is required to pass the exam, why give the exam at all?

Zachary Williams is among those who are outraged.

Williams, 21, is one of 225 black applicants who took the November police entrance exam. He doesn’t know if he passed because the test scores were rejected by Obama and the Justice department due to the large number of black applicants failing the test.

Once the scores were lowered, Williams (pictured above) and the other black applicants were given a 2nd chance to take the exam. But Williams thinks lowering the test scores so that more blacks can pass is the wrong method.

“This isn’t your normal 9 to 5 job,” Williams said. “I don’t want to be in a department where I was hired because of my skin color. I want it because I earned it.”

Community leaders agree with Williams and said the Justice Department’s method stigmatizes blacks.

Keith Lander, chairman of the local Southern Christian Leadership Conference, said the lowering of the test score “is a slap in the face to black people.

“Black people are not dumb,” he said.

Posted by Sandra Rose on March 14, 2011.

Categories: Art and Culture, Barack Obama, Controversy, Jobs/Occupations, Law and Order, News, Politics

I don't know if the Dayton Case is due to Affirmative Action...which would still be stupid...we need the best and brightest carrying weapons.

To me a 66 is already to low!!

Don't let me run a city, I'd have all aces!

• Upvote 1

We had Civil Defense back in my day and they were in charge of warnings stemming from cold war tension as well as weather related disaster.  Their admonition started the boondoggle bomb shelter industry.  I remember the information they disseminated - while leaving preparedness (their motto) to the citizens.  Every county had a CD unit staffed when necessary, with volunteers who didn't need a weapon to direct friends and neighbors to safety.  Once again, we have let big government morph local governance into an uncontrollable threat replete with jack booted thugs and control freaks. (Yes, women like men in uniforms).  I'm sure a lot of you can tell stories about your local Homeland director and ours is the brunt of warranted joking.  Some of us had NIMS training under them and despite their good intent - they seek validation and interference in local matters.  We need to sack Homeland security and leave law enforcement to the professionals.

• Upvote 1

Do 2nd Amendment folks really want lawmakers to restrict ammunition purchases......even if it's directed at DHS? ............Is it really okay to open that can of worms?   :huh: 

GO RV, then BV

I don't think we have to worry about the law abiding citizens needing 2 million rounds.  But something is brewing when DHS wants to stockpile ammo, especially  when our President wants to end the war in Afghanistan in 2014.  :shrug::confused2:

Edited by pattyangel
  • Upvote 1

Something I just noticed - the DHS was looking for "Frangible Ammo".  This type of ammo is available in most pistol calibers, but as far as I know, for rifles only in .223. It also states they were looking for it for handguns and shotguns. I know for a fact they aren't going to find it for shotguns.

I've used this stuff, and it is primarily a "training" ammunition used in live shoot houses or short indoor ranges.  2 reasons for that.

First, there is no lead in the bullet.  Believe it or not, one of the biggest problems for ranges in the military now is lead abatement.  Lot's of posts are actually having to remediate the soil of the ranges for lead content.

Second - this round will basically disintegrate on contact. It won't go through your basic home construction wall.  It is designed that way to decrease possible richochet injuries. When they hit flesh, they tend to stay together for the most part, but I understand they cause more shallow wounds.  From what I have seen of it, it doesn't have as much shock or stopping power as regular ammunition. From the officers I've talked to - for SRT or SWAT type stuff they are OK, but not for a typical service type round.

Now - that being said, I do know that there are some Law Enforcement agencies that carry it precisely for those reasons.  Less chance of collateral damage to bystanders, more wounding capability and less chance of the round penetrating the person wounded.