Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

My First Banker Story

NWGUY

This is the first post I have made about any bank or banker story, as I never bother to go down to the banks, or call them for information.  I just had a very strange conversation with a Commercial Bank Manager for Wells Fargo, about 2 weeks ago.

I am a manager in a Ford Dealership, and I had a customer come in my office, with a friend of his.  My customer was Armenian, and his bank buddy was Lebanese.  After we finished with our business, my couriousty got to me, since both are from the middle east, I just couldn't resist. 

I asked, them if they knew anything about the Iraqi Dinar.  Instantly, both of them laughed, and the Bank Manager said to me "You didn't fall for that did you?".  I told him that I had purchase some Iraqi Dinar, and that I felt it was a good investment.  He said that one of his investors, who happened to be a doctor, had bought spent 2 million dollars on dinar, and then of all things, quit his job.  My thought was he must have read Okie's post, about the RV has happened, and quit your job.  Kind of sad, that someone did something like that, but of course there may have been other reasons, who knows.

In our conversation, I told them, how I felt about the investment, and that Iraq having a huge oil supply, gas, and minerals, there was no way, that their money would continue to stay at 1/10 of a penny.  It had to increase in value.  After, that their attitude changed at little, but their last comment was "it is going to take a longtime to increase in value".  My comment back to them, was I have more time than money, and I will wait as long as it takes.

So there is the one actual conversation I had with someone on the dinar. 

I really still believe in the investment, but if what they said is true, and I do believe that they probably do have some ties to the middle east, we may be waiting a while.

Go RV or RI Soon!!!

:confused2:

• Upvote 5

I don't think we will wait to much longer. It's already been ten (10) years, on a ten year plan. I think maybe those guys may need to do some homework of their on. Thanks for the story though. Maybe you could show them how wrong they were in the near future. :)

• Upvote 3

NWGUY::: 2 MIL USD is  aprox 2.4 B dinar !! Why the H..L would any one be soo nieve to GAMBLE  that many dollars ???  Talk about GREED.  I could put  2M in a  5% fixed investment and live very well thank you.

I agree, but I think a lot of people do get greedy, and unfortunately, I think this guy may have been told the samething a lot of us were told originally, that this was about to RV, and get in right now.

I truly believe something will happen, but like I said, I have more time than money, and I am not quitting my job, until I have all the $ in the account!

Go RV or RI !!! :twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

Jobug ::: Well Idont know about your 10 year plan. BUt starting next year Iraq must begin negotiating paying back their IMF LOAN! They need to get to a solid 3.0 BBL/day .

I forgot about that. The pay back starts when next year ?Or is it at the end of the EO33003? This gets confusing sometimes.

• Upvote 1

I forgot about that. The pay back starts when next year ?Or is it at the end of the EO33003? This gets confusing sometimes.

Beginning to think you may be right.... EO33003 = End Of 33,003 A.D.

If I'm lucky, I can wait for that.... lol

Listening to "Collective Soul" I've got a long way to run right now for support. Click it and you'll get it..

Beginning to think you may be right.... EO33003 = End Of 33,003 A.D.

If I'm lucky, I can wait for that.... lol

I made a typo sorry LOL I meant EO13303 but hey who knows?LOL :)

Listening to "Collective Soul" I've got a long way to run right now for support. Click it and you'll get it..

This is the first post I have made about any bank or banker story, as I never bother to go down to the banks, or call them for information.  I just had a very strange conversation with a Commercial Bank Manager for Wells Fargo, about 2 weeks ago.

I am a manager in a Ford Dealership, and I had a customer come in my office, with a friend of his.  My customer was Armenian, and his bank buddy was Lebanese.  After we finished with our business, my couriousty got to me, since both are from the middle east, I just couldn't resist. 

I asked, them if they knew anything about the Iraqi Dinar.  Instantly, both of them laughed, and the Bank Manager said to me "You didn't fall for that did you?".  I told him that I had purchase some Iraqi Dinar, and that I felt it was a good investment.  He said that one of his investors, who happened to be a doctor, had bought spent 2 million dollars on dinar, and then of all things, quit his job.  My thought was he must have read Okie's post, about the RV has happened, and quit your job.  Kind of sad, that someone did something like that, but of course there may have been other reasons, who knows.

In our conversation, I told them, how I felt about the investment, and that Iraq having a huge oil supply, gas, and minerals, there was no way, that their money would continue to stay at 1/10 of a penny.  It had to increase in value.  After, that their attitude changed at little, but their last comment was "it is going to take a longtime to increase in value".  My comment back to them, was I have more time than money, and I will wait as long as it takes.

So there is the one actual conversation I had with someone on the dinar. 

I really still believe in the investment, but if what they said is true, and I do believe that they probably do have some ties to the middle east, we may be waiting a while.

Go RV or RI Soon!!!

:confused2:

I'm hoping that icon of yours is a pic of you...

You would not be making fun of our President in that kind of way, I am sure.

I am sure not. That might be considered racist by some...by the way, the bank story - what was the point?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

I am sure not. That might be considered racist by some...by the way, the bank story - what was the point?

Da*n, I hope you ain't pik'in on NWGUY on a Saturday night...

Cause if you are....

thats-racist.gif

U Got It ! ;)

window-tint-police-profiling-troll.gif?w

:D    :D  :D

Careful Thug; Trolls abound this evening.

LOL!

Edited by RVWITHME
  • Upvote 1

I usually just ignore your negative junk posts but you just plain went too darn far with your liberal accusations which always seem to result to racist accusations when you are somehow offended and I just couldn't pass up telling you that you are acting like a jerk and to lay off one of are own honorable guys. 

I'm upset with you and many others will be too.  Why would you say something so derogatory as this???? Sheesh!!

Thanks for the post NWGuy.  I plussed ( + ) you and wish I could do more.

• Upvote 4

I live in the United States, but if the Fed. , or Treasury Dept. were about to make some sort of major change to our currency...I don't think that the fact that I'm from the US gives me any type of inside knowledge (unless the fed. releases the info, and then I probably wouldn't believe it)...I have heard so many state that they have friends, family, etc. in Iraq, or the ME and therefore they must be privy to the details of their countries plans as far as currency...or even national security goes!!! That dog just won't hunt!!! In other words...ignore it!! That's what I do anyway!! Thanks NWGuy for your post!! The various experiences and stories of the many members of DV as well as from folks outside of DV is what makes this site so good!! Diversity on info and experiences!! Always enjoy hearing what others have experienced...just don't put much stock in it!! Please don't misunderstand...I believe with everything in me that we are oh so close!!! We are actually here already!! The statements being made that this will take another year...no...I don't think so!! This is happening...NOW!!! Until we stand at the bank!! God Bless each of you!! Happy Mothers Day to every Mom out there!!! May this day bring you nothing but Happiness and Joy!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I live in the United States, but if the Fed. , or Treasury Dept. were about to make some sort of major change to our currency...I don't think that the fact that I'm from the US gives me any type of inside knowledge (unless the fed. releases the info, and then I probably wouldn't believe it)...I have heard so many state that they have friends, family, etc. in Iraq, or the ME and therefore they must be privy to the details of their countries plans as far as currency...or even national security goes!!! That dog just won't hunt!!! In other words...ignore it!! That's what I do anyway!! Thanks NWGuy for your post!! The various experiences and stories of the many members of DV as well as from folks outside of DV is what makes this site so good!! Diversity on info and experiences!! Always enjoy hearing what others have experienced...just don't put much stock in it!! Please don't misunderstand...I believe with everything in me that we are oh so close!!! We are actually here already!! The statements being made that this will take another year...no...I don't think so!! This is happening...NOW!!! Until we stand at the bank!! God Bless each of you!! Happy Mothers Day to every Mom out there!!! May this day bring you nothing but Happiness and Joy!!!

i agree with you I definitely don't think this will go into next year keeping my fingers crossed for something to happen around July

Racist! Really! I have never I mean never heard a mean word out of NWGuy ever!

Can not say the same for you!

How come the race card is always thrown out there regarding YOUR president.

I would not care if he were green, it's not about color it's about Values!

I believe those that even bring up racism are themselves racist to some degree.

You think Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are not hardcore racists!

Might want to look in the mirror Hame .

• Upvote 4

I got a question for you.    Say this situation is flipped.    You talk to an American citizen banker and "his buddy" who is also US.   Would you trust any financial advice they would give you on the US dollar?    The only expert I would trust on currency is George Soros!   And he is a crook.

• Upvote 1

:moon-from-car:

Edited by Zebra0101
  • Upvote 2

I usually just ignore your negative junk posts but you just plain went too darn far with your liberal accusations which always seem to result to racist accusations when you are somehow offended and I just couldn't pass up telling you that you are acting like a jerk and to lay off one of are own honorable guys. 

I'm upset with you and many others will be too.  Why would you say something so derogatory as this???? Sheesh!!

Thanks for the post NWGuy.  I plussed ( + ) you and wish I could do more.

Thank you, for your very uplifting comment.  Moreover, being a Progressive/Democrat, widow, and African-American, I was please someone else, other than myself found this comment offensive, racist and demeaning.   I have heard so many of these type comments before on this forum and dig deep to try and ignore them.  Yet, somehow your “response” moved me. 

As I have stated before, on this forum, my daughter and her husband are “Republicans” and my late husband did not care for any political party, just his “vote".  Many of my sorority ‘sisters” and friends are Republicans, and of course Democrats, and as far as I know we agree and disagree on my politics and not on my race.

In addition, my late husband worked for USAID (United States Agency for International Development) for thirty years and we lived in many different parts of the world. I worked, as a, mathematics teacher for many international schools during that period, and it taught me the “meaning” of what “being” an American “is”.  Even under a Republican administration during that period of times, I usually disagreed with the political party in office and the President was not the one I voted for.  However, he was my President and I vehemently defended his politically office and politics, because I am an American ”FIRST” and the United States is “my” country.  In addition, all Americans, black, white and everything in between, native or naturalized, legal or illegal immigrate, who loved this country, as I do, are my “people”.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1