Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Former California gun manufacture opens in Shiner, TX

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/22134334/former-california-gun-manufacture-opens-in-shiner-tx#.UYtdESzTnkU.facebook?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8832221

Governor Rick Perry is in Shiner, Texas Wednesday, showing off his latest business tactics are working.

The town is known for the Shiner brewery, but Governor Perry says having Shield Tactical in town will make Shiner, shine brighter.

Kaspar Wire Works, the Spoetzel Brewery and now, Shield Tactical. Industry is what keeps the small town of Shiner, Texas alive.

Shield Tactical, a California firearms company, is now open and operating in Shiner, thanks to the founder, John Harrington, and Governor Rick Perry's social media and radio advertising.

"I remember thinking now that is, uh, now what's the word I'm looking for? That is bold and being a Texan, "bold" gets my attention," Harrington said.

Governor Perry hopes this will be the first of many businesses to move to Texas.

"The most important thing the government does is to help create the climate for people like John, so they know they can risk their capital and have a chance to have a return on their investment, so that they can hire men and a women who can improve their quality of life of their family because they got a good job," Perry said.

Over the next five years the company plans on providing over a dozen jobs in Shiner.

"We've added a half a million private sector jobs over the last two years alone, that's a total of nearly 1.4 million jobs created in the private sector over the last ten years in this state," Perry said.

Shield Tactical assembles and does the engraving you see on these rifle parts.

"It's an upper receiver for an AR-15...basically the main operating component of the rifle," Harrington said.

It's an industry that continues to face scrutiny.

"Instead of being nervous about it, I've just decided we're gonna fight it and we're gonna win," Harrington said. "The Second Amendment still means something in Texas and we will defend their right to manufacture and for people to own those...their products."

Read more: http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/22134334/former-california-gun-manufacture-opens-in-shiner-tx#.UYtdESzTnkU.facebook#ixzz2SqIUyDL9

Edited by Markinsa
Increased Font Size
  • Upvote 7

Hope they bring their businesses here and leave their Progressive Liberal employees there, if they have any, we don't want 'em here.

Would like to get Colt and Sturm, Ruger from Connecticut and Remington from New York, Beretta from Maryland and all other gun manufacturer's are welcome.

"Hey PTR…Texas is still wide open for business…come on down.

There is still a place where freedom is very much alive and well — freedom from over-taxation, freedom from over-regulation, freedom from over-litigation…and that place is called Texas.” Perry said.

• Upvote 3

Come on down!!!! Texas will have NO problem being the leading gun manufacturing state in the union. We Texans like our guns like we like our women... feels good in our hands when we hold them and gives back just the right amount of kick when we squeeze the trigger area...

• Upvote 1

Come on down!!!! Texas will have NO problem being the leading gun manufacturing state in the union. We Texans like our guns like we like our women... feels good in our hands when we hold them and gives back just the right amount of kick when we squeeze the trigger area...

Wow, I was way off..........I thought you were going to say "cold and unforgiving, not to mention.....loaded".   :lol: 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1