Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Recap of Adam's Brief chat from APRIL 7th

inmemoryofrob

Riley,

I wanted to say thank you for your post. I have come to really value your insight and opinion very much in a short time and I am proud to call you a friend.

I live in Texas as do you so my knowledge of this "pellet" thing is limited, having said that and at high risk of being wrong, I think some of our members and others from much colder climates use some sort of pellets to feed a furnace to heat their homes. I do not know what material these pellets are manufactured from but now you know as much as I do about the whole "pallet of Pellets," which as a boy growing up in Texas I would have seen as a great blessing to have a "Pallet of Pellets" as you know them as I could not shoot my brother enough with my pellet gun, and visa versa, when we were supposed to be mowing the grass or feeding the animals.

It is always good to hear from you stay safe and see you soon.

Thanks,

ToddS

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riley and ToddS - A pallet of pellets is typically a ton (by weight) of packaged pellets in ~40lb bags. Yes, they are used to burn in a pellet stove to generate heat in these upper and much cooler climes. The pellets themselves are compressed sawdust or wood by-products held together by who-knows-what. Like many things there are different grades based on purity and heat they put out. Hope that helps....and if you want my opinion, as a current owner of pellet stove, don't do it! It's nice but if the power goes out it's useless!! Wood stove all the way!

Never used one but my neighbor got the stove and outside bin with the auger/auto feed system so all he has to do is keep it full outside and empty the ashes he says once a week, he swears by it. He said you can get the auger system in coal or pellet. Said he debated back and forth and likes the coal to but went with this one over the cost factor of coal vs. pellets at that time, no idea what it is now. He misses his wood stove too, said it was more work but it was free.

PS kept his azz in shape better too, he did say that as well.

Hope that helps ya too.

Thanks for the responses on the pellets - All I can say is that I am happy that I don't have to worry about coal or pellets....when I get cold at home, I just go over and adjust the thermostat and put on fuzzy houseshoes - I do have an old wood burning stove - but it's on the back patio to use when we sit outside in our Texas winter of about 50 degrees. Riley and cold weather don't mix.....