Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IMF Fiscal Year Begins On May 1st and Ends On April 30th ...

Papster

from going global......just found this to be interesting......GO DINAR

IMF Fiscal Year Begins On May 1st and Ends On April 30th ...

This would be the perfect time for a RV ..:)

The IMF’s financial year (FY) begins on May 1 and ends the 
following April 30. The 2012 Annual Report covers the period 
May 1, 2011, through April 30, 2012 (FY2012)

Financial Statements - April 30, 2012

(GRA, The General Resources Account (GRA) contains IMF's holdings of members' currencies, SDRs, gold, and other assets)

Snip .. All currencies in the GRA are revalued in terms of the SDR, at each financial year end, and members are required to settle the currency valuation adjustments promptly thereafter. Member currencies are also revalued in SDR terms whenever used by the IMF in a transaction with another member or at the request of a member during the year, for example, at the end of each month. The currency balances in the statements of financial position include the receivables and payables arising from the revaluation ...

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/ar/2012/eng/pdf/notes.pdf

• Upvote 9

Hate to be the first booger on this frame of thought, but is Iraq considered a member of the IMF? If not and the currancies of member nations reset does this mean another YEAR  for us if Iraq and its IQD are accepted into the IMF this year. Or a whole year after whenever Iraq is accepted into the IMF? Hate the game dinarians.

Hate to be the first booger on this frame of thought, but is Iraq considered a member of the IMF? If not and the currancies of member nations reset does this mean another YEAR  for us if Iraq and its IQD are accepted into the IMF this year. Or a whole year after whenever Iraq is accepted into the IMF? Hate the game dinarians.

I too would like to know the answer to this .

JMO, but as much as I'd like to hope, I don't think Iraq is anywhere near being able to RV their currency in the next couple of days.  I truly hope I am wrong.  But based on no HCL agreement, still in CH VII, and given the instability in the country I just don't see it soon.  I pray I am wrong.  But I think there just needs to be more stabilization that needs to be done before the rest of the world's financial movers and shakers would put any value in their currency. 

They have great potential, which is why we are all in this I would assume.  Also, maybe their game in the currency auctions is to draw as much Dinar into the CBI while flooding the streets with US dollars.  I hope so.  I'm just resigned that we'll be in this for quite awhile yet.  Too much instability in the country imo and if there's one thing I know, bankers don't mind taking a risk if it's a controlled risk, but it does not appear anything is under control in Iraq right now.

Like I say, jmo, and I hope I'm wrong.  I just don't see the signs pointing to an RV, to borrow an Iraqi line, "soon".

• Upvote 1

No, there is no great significance to the IMF fiscal year, it is just how they structure their bookkeeping and reconciliation on member participation every year...