Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

UNAMI: The crisis between the center and the region is on its way to resolve

yota691

UNAMI: The crisis between the center and the region is on its way to resolve

8-2810.jpg

29/04/2013 12:00 AM 

I went back to meet with Maliki and Barzani today, "endpoint" to strained relations 

Baghdad morning - Alaa al-Tai 

welcomed the UN mission in Iraq, "UNAMI" to meet the planned residence in Baghdad today between Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and President of the Kurdistan Regional Government Barzani, expected to result in a "results positive. "comes assurances" UNAMI "at a time when the government is seeking to" reset the crisis, "with the region, and to find radical solutions on the points of difference, which stands in the forefront of oil and gas law, and Article 140. According to the representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Martin Kobler, the meeting today represents "a way to find a long-term solution to the Iraqi crisis based on the constitution," predicted Kubler that contributes to the meeting "to finding long-term solutions based on the Constitution in order to overcome the current crisis, the return Minister Kurds to work in the Federal Cabinet." 

The welcome Kubler meet Baghdad and Erbil in sync with the "optimism" shown by a number of members of the House of Representatives, who predicted "a breakthrough comprehensive crisis between the province and the center," as MP for the coalition of state law, Abbas al-Bayati said "the meeting, clearing the way of scope for further understandings and dialogues to resolve the problems between the center and the region" . expressed welcome bloc delegation's visit Kurdistan, which was supposed to have to be in the "earlier times," said al-Bayati, who however, saying: "The initiative comes meeting late is better than not to come." and described al-Bayati, the outstanding problems between the two sides as "double" , including that of the parliament and the other belonging to the government and the executive power, arguing that the kind of problems the second can be resolved and settled, however, that the problems that need to enact laws that should be sent to the House of Representatives. "also welcomed the U.S. embassy in Baghdad to visit the Kurdish delegation, likely near resolving the crisis between the center and the region.

If the PM is not resigning I don't believe this at all.  It won't get resolved with him with his self appointed extended powers beyond the realm of his position.  But then again, he holds almost 9/10's of parliaments positions so he has the power to do what he wants.  

I see this as the same as last year during the summit.  They were a laughing stalk, rather maliki was.  Made agreements he never intended to implement.  Same thing happened when his PM position.  He makes dialogue and agreements to buy more time to marginalize even further.  heck, don't know what is left for him to take over.  He, in my opinion, already has full dictatorship.   He was summoned to parliament to be questioned on the security of the country on many occassions and he refused to go.  He is obliged by the constitution.  But, he is above the law and the constitution I guess, since he gets away with doing as he pleases. 

He has had numerous dialogues and has made numerous agreements.  He has implemented NONE!!  Look at the demonstrators. Still complaining about the same issues.  He has been saying he will meet the "legitimate" demands of the demonstrators.  Just my opinion.

Edited by uncirculd

"near resolving"...is that in any way even remotely connected to "....in the coming days...."

if so my response is :     :P  :P  :P

That can also be popularly translated to "SOON" which we have all come to learn is another excuse for NOT getting "anything" done!