Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

ISO Codes were given. Are we there yet?

Luigi1

Hate to ask a stupid question, but what the heck is ISO codes????? :confused2:

First, there is no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to this ride.

ISO codes are assigned by the IMF to any int'l currency tradable on the exchange. Without a code, the IQD remains an exotic currency. ISO code means we can go to a bank or Forex & get a better spread rate rather than going through a facilitator. ISO also sets the value of the exchange rate between currencies.

Edited by Luigi1
  • Upvote 15

We don't want them to change their ISO code.  If they are going to change it now this would indicate an RD.  A new ISO code this game is over.  I hope Frank is making up stuff.

A new ISO could also launch a float rate, dirty float or managed float.

• Upvote 2

If it is a new ISO code that has been issued --then that will be then end of the ride and a zero sum game -- what everyone here likes to call a "L0P"

Note:

I've searched and can't find any proof of it having changed from what it is currently. More Guru poo?

A new ISO will give Iraq special permission to float above & beyond the 21/2% per quarter that all other currencies are locked into.

As far as varification, I too would like to see more proof.

• Upvote 1

Hello,

First I am pretty sure when United Nations forces nations like IRAQ into embargo, or limits it from trading and selling its goods the ISO code is suppended/revoked.  Which is why dinar are not tradable or at least recognized outside of IRAQ.  So if this is true it doesn't automatically mean a RD.  It just means that IQD is now recognized again or will be shortly (I hope).  Now if they issue IQF (for franc) then the assumptions would be correct and our Dinar are or will be worthless.  I find it hard to believe that ISO would issue anything but IQD. 

The one thing I have learned is take everything stated here with a huge salt shacker assuming its not true hence the rumors section.  So if Frank is saying a new ISO Code does he mean New or the old one reissued.  Only time will tell and my bet is the old one reissued. 

Eagle007 out.

• Upvote 5

Hello,

First I am pretty sure when United Nations forces nations like IRAQ into embargo, or limits it from trading and selling its goods the ISO code is suppended/revoked.  Which is why dinar are not tradable or at least recognized outside of IRAQ.  So if this is true it doesn't automatically mean a RD.  It just means that IQD is now recognized again or will be shortly (I hope).  Now if they issue IQF (for franc) then the assumptions would be correct and our Dinar are or will be worthless.  I find it hard to believe that ISO would issue anything but IQD. 

The one thing I have learned is take everything stated here with a huge salt shacker assuming its not true hence the rumors section.  So if Frank is saying a new ISO Code does he mean New or the old one reissued.  Only time will tell and my bet is the old one reissued. 

Eagle007 out.

You are correct. Iraq's ISO was revoked due to sanctions. In 2013 they recieved a new code when they came out with the new IQD that replaced the Sadam Notes. This is all part of the Strategic Framework to Rebuild Iraq.

Odds are we will be on the same ISO when the IQD RVs.

When the lower denoms wth the three languages & anti countefiet safegards come out, then there will more than likely be a new ISO assigned after all 000 notes are called in two years on. Just my opinion.

• Upvote 4

You are correct. Iraq's ISO was revoked due to sanctions. In 2013 they recieved a new code when they came out with the new IQD that replaced the Sadam Notes. This is all part of the Strategic Framework to Rebuild Iraq.

Odds are we will be on the same ISO when the IQD RVs.

When the lower denoms wth the three languages & anti countefiet safegards come out, then there will more than likely be a new ISO assigned after all 000 notes are called in two years on. Just my opinion.

Finally talking smart!! 

What code is assigned to the dinar? The site provided an explanation of ISO codes but I didn't see what code was assigned to the Dinar. Just asking. Blessings to All Bobbydee

The way it was explained to me, the new notes issued in 2003 were given a ISO but not released to the banking world.

This was to make the new IQD legit if & when the RV, RI, LOP, dirty float or what ever does take place.

Without that code, we can't do cash exchange.

I may be wrong but that's how it was explained to me.

• Upvote 1

First, there is no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to this ride.

ISO codes are assigned by the IMF to any int'l currency tradable on the exchange. Without a code, the IQD remains an exotic currency. ISO code means we can go to a bank or Forex & get a better spread rate rather than going through a facilitator. ISO also sets the value of the exchange rate between currencies.

About ISO What is ISO?

ISO (International Organization for Standardization) is the world’s largest developer of voluntary International Standards. International Standards give state of the art specifications for products, services and good practice, helping to make industry more efficient and effective. Developed through global consensus, they help to break down barriers to international trade.

What are the benefits of ISO International Standards?

ISO International Standards ensure that products and services are safe, reliable and of good quality. For business, they are strategic tools that reduce costs by minimizing waste and errors and increasing productivity. They help companies to access new markets, level the playing field for developing countries and facilitate free and fair global trade.

Luigi1 explain how this involves currency code :lol:

• Upvote 3

The way it was explained to me, the new notes issued in 2003 were given a ISO but not released to the banking world.

This was to make the new IQD legit if & when the RV, RI, LOP, dirty float or what ever does take place.

Without that code, we can't do cash exchange.

I may be wrong but that's how it was explained to me.

Thanks for the explanation. Much appreciated. Bobbydee

About ISO What is ISO?

ISO (International Organization for Standardization) is the world’s largest developer of voluntary International Standards. International Standards give state of the art specifications for products, services and good practice, helping to make industry more efficient and effective. Developed through global consensus, they help to break down barriers to international trade.

What are the benefits of ISO International Standards?

ISO International Standards ensure that products and services are safe, reliable and of good quality. For business, they are strategic tools that reduce costs by minimizing waste and errors and increasing productivity. They help companies to access new markets, level the playing field for developing countries and facilitate free and fair global trade.

Luigi1 explain how this involves currency code :lol:

What you explained was part of the ISO. The rest of it deals with free, fair open trade between nations & overlaps with the WTO.

The reason for the currency reset is to make it fair in pricing of labor goods & services giving no one nation an advantage over another.

All nations will have to play by the same set rules.

With ISO membership come fines & penalties to nations that break such agreements.

Edited by Luigi1
  • Upvote 2