Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

White House: Boston bombing suspect will not be treated as enemy combatant

Can someone explain this to me:

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE CLOWNS AND THE AURORA & NEWTOWN CITY events? (of course, besides the weapons used)??????

So, why would this event be regarded as a "terrorist act" whilst the others (and, in fact, ANY other event in which a number of people are killed) not be?

What are the religions of those other 2 loons in CO and CT?

From the info I have read, ALL 3 events involved American citizens, did they not? SO, what does the military (courts) have to do with the last event? It is a crime and we have plenty of law enforcement/judicial folks in place to handle crimes (ie MURDER), but maybe I am missing something. dunno, just asking........

Sorry, folks, I meant to write ...."American citizens/legal residents...". hope that didn't confuse anyone. Also, I forgot to mention INTENT? What is the motive behind this attack vs. any other event where some loon(s) try to kill a bunch of people? cheers

It's not that he won't be punished.  He will be spending the rest of his life in a cold dark hole.  The point of the article is that Obama made the choice, and it WAS a choice, not to charge him as an enemy combatant. As such, he will have a lawyer present for every question he is asked going forward.  Had been charged as an enemy combatant.  The FBI, federal prosecuters and the like could have questioned him for up to 30 days. I'm sure the questioning would have been under some very uncomfortable conditions which would have caused this animal to tell us everything he knows. That info could very likely have saved lives down the road.  Now that info will, most likely, never be gained.

All I know is that Rep. Peter King from NY held a news conference today and he said that the charge of enemy combatant was an option and the White House chose not to use it. 

Holy crap. Parmenio I completely agree with you!  It's as if the planets are all aligned and all is right with the world.  I gotta go play lotto.

Actually lib there wasn't a option. He is a american citizen and its against the constitution not to read him his miranda.

We do not want them changing the constitution even for this little worm.

If they do it once it will open the door for them to do it again. Just like tim mcveigh who they executed he was read his miranda and he still died.

The moment that they lifted the stay in your home warnings they could not use the public safety clause that would have allowed the worm to be interrogated with out reading his miranda.  To do otherwise would have been unconstitutional.    

• Upvote 1