Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Permission to Edit Denied?

smee2

Recently I posted something which, as always with me, quite "wordy". After I had written, and proofed, and posted, I realized I had made a mistake ... not an altogether unheard of experience for me. Okay, truth, it happens quite often. 

B)  

It is because it happens quite often that I got rather used to being able to use the "edit" button and try to correct the mistake.

:unsure:

This time, however, I got a message saying I was not allowed to edit. Huh? It took me some time, years, to find out how to edit, and actually do it, and now I am not allowed? The only other time I got that kind of message was when I got a "not allowed to post" message because I was not logged in.

:huh:   

Can someone with the smarts to understand this system please tell me what I have done wrong? Is this a computer issue or did I tick someone off and they don't want me to edit my own posts?

:(   

I will just sit here quietly, calm and collected, no ruffled feathers and wait for a forum IT expert to tell me what to do now.

;)

Sure I will ... Actually I will be checking back every day or so which means if this disappears down the list I will have to push it up to the front of the line ... sorry I am not usually a line jumper.

:)

smee2

I know that if to much time passes...not sure on the amount...but it only allows edit for a short time

After you post ...just put your mouse over the word edit on the lower right....i did it just now to this post

Edited by SnowGlobe7

I know that if to much time passes...not sure on the amount...but it only allows edit for a short time

After you post ...just put your mouse over the word edit on the lower right....i did it just now to this post

I put my mouse over the "edit" icon as I usually do, right after I had posted my post ... it seems I see my mistakes right after I hit the  post button ... and it goes out with some typo ... aggravating.

Anyway, there was no elapse of time, just the message box denying me access to edit.

Maybe it is a matter of waiting a little longer? Iv'll go and try it again ... hadn't thought that timing might have something to do with it.

;) 

smee2

What post was it? Right click on the post # and paste it here.

-

Markinsa, thanks for the post ..

I did not see the number you mentioned but I did collect information about the post ...

Prayer Request

divemaster5734

my posted response

smee2

post #22

... it had an edit button when I posted, but not now.

thanks for any clarification you can give  ....

smee2

Markinsa, thanks for the post ..

I did not see the number you mentioned but I did collect information about the post ...

Prayer Request

divemaster5734

my posted response

smee2

post #22

... it had an edit button when I posted, but not now.

thanks for any clarification you can give  ....

smee2

That is a head scratcher, you should have been able to go back in and edit.  When you reply to this go back and try to edit after you post, and let's see if it was just a fluke or it is something with your profile.

Also, I said right click on the Post #, if you would have right clicked on #22, you could have copied the shortcut, if you would have left clicked on #22 it will prompt you with a link and give you a list of options to share the post. :twothumbs:

-

I tried to edit my original post here to add information ... by hitting the quote button and then replying to it. After twenty  minutes of experimentation and explaining what it would and would not do ... it told me, when I went to post it, 

You do not have permission to edit this topic

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/146481-permission-to-edit-denied/#ixzz2Qs4Rf4OG

Now I have not gone back to the http line to see what I might get, and it might be my expanded post, but if not ... don't worry about it. The program is not perfect. I don't expect it in me, or you, or the people who make the computer programs, so why would I espect the program to be perfect?

Go, leave the computer alone, take some time to spend with the kids, or surprise the wife with time for her, or time for you ... go walk the dog, or sit out on the back deck and count the stars ... or whatever. You spend altogether too much time here keeping us all in line and on line ... we can buy almost anything, and everything but time. The RV won't give you this time back. There is a little button on the computer tower that says "off" ... you might consider using it. 

;) 

smee2