Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

jonjon

Just a reminder what the DHS considers "Right Wing Extremism"

http://www.fas.org/irp/eprint/rightwing.pdf

Gun owners

Veterans

Christians

Militia

wow is right now the time to be spouting politics and pointing fingers. Theres americans dead and wounded. Probably dems and republicans alike. Bombs are funny that way they don't distinguish political parties. These people need our prayers not our political rants.

Try to get it together people .

Absolutely right ...we should say prayers but also be Aware of what is being said.

Sorry to hear that, Elixir.. I can only imagine......

I was doing doing lighting for the athletes village and the tower were it went off was the tower the lighting consol is located. Luckily I had decided to go to the bathroom. I was about 200 feet from the bomb.

Authorities ID suspect as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston hospital

• Last Updated: 6:24 PM, April 15, 2013

Posted: 4:28 PM, April 15, 2013

BostonMarathonExplosion165047--525x300.j

AP

Police clear the area at the finish line of the 2013 Boston Marathon.

Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned.

Law enforcement sources said the 20-year-old suspect was under guard at an undisclosed Boston hospital.

Fox News reported that the suspect suffered severe burns.

It was not immediately clear why the man was hospitalized and whether he was injured in the attack or in his apprehension.

The man was caught less than two hours after the 2:50 p.m. bombing on the finish line of the race, in the heart of Boston.

12 DEAD, 50 INJURED AFTER 2 EXPLOSIONS ROCK BOSTON MARATHON

NY AUTHORITIES RAMP UP SECURITY AFTER BOSTON EXPLOSIONS

PHOTOS: EXPLOSIONS ROCK BOSTON MARATHON

In addition, Boston police have surveillance video of someone bringing multiple backpacks to the blast site, according to CBS News.

Police also confirmed that there was a third explosion, at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum. It was not immediately clear how much damage was done or whether it was related to the bombings at the marathon finish line.

The library bombing occurred about 4:30 p.m. and more than a mile from the marathon.

A law enforcement source confirmed to The Post that 12 people were killed and nearly 50 were injured in today's blast.

wow is right now the time to be spouting politics and pointing fingers. Theres americans dead and wounded. Probably dems and republicans alike. Bombs are funny that way they don't distinguish political parties. These people need our prayers not our political rants.

:twothumbs: +1

• Upvote 1

CNN ANALYST: 'RIGHT-WING EXTREMISTS' COULD BE BEHIND BOSTON MARATHON BOMBING

b_PeterBergen_CNN%20AC360__11_07_2007_21

check-big.png8375

Email Article

Print ArticleSend a Tip

by JOHN NOLTE 15 Apr 2013, 2:04 PM PDT 259POST A COMMENT VIEW DISCUSSION

--

Less than two hours after the horrific bombing at the Boston Marathon, CNN national security analyst Peter Bergen was already speculating that "right-wing extremists" could be behind the attack. He told CNN anchor Jake Tapper:

I'm reminded of Oklahoma City, which was a bombing, which was initially treated as a gas explosion. First reports are often erroneous.

Then Bergen went on to offer up this "first" report:

Once the device -- if it a device -- is found; what kind of explosives were used. So for instance, if it was hydrogen peroxide, this is a signature of al Qaeda. If it was more conventional explosives, which are much harder to get hold of now -- that might be some other kind of right-wing extremist. … We've also seen, for instance, right-wing groups  trying to attack the Martin Luther King parade in Oregon in 2010.

So Bergen starts off with comparing what happened at the Boston Marathon to Oklahoma City and then suggest right-wing extremism, even though -- like the rest of us -- he knows nothing.

"The Most Trusted Name In News."

NOTE: There has been speculation on Twitter that CNN's Wolf Blitzer said something similar. I have found nothing that indicates that is true.

This doesnt mean they are terrorists that did this, any nut ball could have done this and not just by declaring jihad. We will soon find out who is exactly behind these explosions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzDT6jnily4

Acts like this are always considered acts of terrorism.....  

• Upvote 1

I lay this act of terrorism in Boston at the feet of Obama. Ask me why?

Over the course of of his presidency obama had opened the gates for such acts as we have seen today. Let's start with his rhetoric

when  a few years back he began his apology tour and bowing to the Saudi's. This enabled our enemies to view us as

apologists.  2. His failure to act to protect US property and our Ambassador in Lybia while under attck was despicable. And, more

cowardly were the orders to "stand down" as four Americans lost their lives while obama went to bed and Hallarious Hillarious was

nowhere to be found. Again, our enemies viewed us as incompetent and inept as a military might. 3. Giving billions of dollars and two

F-16's to the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, our enemies, while "we close down our control towers because we can't do both," Barack

Obama. This showed our enemies that Americans are "STUPID."  4. Obama's refusal to close down our borders to protect Americans. He

did this to gain votes. That sent sent a message to our enemies that American politicians are corrupt. 5. And, recently and most

egregously politicizing the

Newtown massacre. Obama's desire to take away our Constitutional rights to protect ourselves had given an image of a weak America!

Why wouldn't anyone who hates us not commit another heinous terriorist act? They know Obama and his administration will do

NOTHING except the usual photo ops and TV speeches!  Just as the blood of our four fallen heros in Lybia are on obama's hands so are

the lives of those who died today in Boston!   This is what happens when corruption and leading from behind occurs!  Obama opened

the door years ago!              

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Medical workers aid injured people at the 2013 Boston Marathon following an explosion in Boston, Monday, April 15, 2013. Two explosions shattered the euphoria of the Boston Marathon finish line on Monday, sending authorities out on the course to carry off the injured while the stragglers were rerouted away from the smoking site of the blasts. Credit: AP

Before any information was available that might indicate who is responsible for the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, Esquire’s Charles P. Pierce cautioned readers against “jumping to conclusions” and blaming the attack on “foreign terrorism.”

However, he was compelled to remind people that Monday is the “official Patriots Day holiday” in Massachusetts, celebrating the Battles at Lexington and Concord. He also pointed out that April 19, the actual date of the battles, is connected to Oklahoma City bomber Tim McVeigh, who apparently considered himself a “waterer of the tree of liberty and the like,” according to Pierce.

“I’ll bet good money it’s a right-wing nutjob. Today is April 15, Boston Harbor was where the original Tea Party took place and the on-going gun-safety legislation makes it the mostly likely culprit,” commenter Linda Ginsburg wrote.

Other commenters replied by calling Ginsburg an “idiot” and “disgusting.”

TheBlaze cautions readers from blaming ANY group or individual until more information is known.

Medical workers aid injured people at the finish line of the 2013 Boston Marathon following an explosion in Boston, Monday, April 15, 2013. Two explosions shattered the euphoria of the Boston Marathon finish line on Monday, sending authorities out on the course to carry off the injured while the stragglers were rerouted away from the smoking site of the blasts. Credit: AP

Additionally, CNN’s Peter Bergen said “first reports are often erroneous” but added he would be looking into what type of bomb was used to determine who might be behind the suspected attack.

“If it was hydrogen peroxide, this is sort of a signature of al-Qaeda. If it was more conventional explosives, which are much harder to get a hold of now, that might be another kind of right-wing extremism,” he said.

While Bergen does suggest that radical Islamic terrorism could be behind the attack, he singles out “right-wing extremism” as a possibility without speculating that left-wing extremist groups like Occupy Wall Street could be behind the explosions. He does not, however, explicitly blame “right-wing extremism.”

Huffington Post blogger and Al Sharpton’s radio producer Nida Khan also speculated that “all these anti-gov groups” could be behind the explosions.

“We don’t know anything yet of course, but it is tax day & my first thought was all these anti-gov groups, but who knows,” Khan tweeted.

We don't know anything yet of course, but it is tax day & my first thought was all these anti-gov groups, but who knows

about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhoneReplyRetweetFavorite

@NidaKhanNY

Nida Khan

New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof used the Boston Marathon explosions to take a shot at Republican lawmakers.

“explosion is a reminder that ATF needs a director. Shame on Senate Republicans for blocking apptment,” he tweeted.

He quickly backtracked and deleted his tweet after people criticized him for the ridiculous connection. “People jumping on me for criticizing Sen Repubs for blocking ATF appointments. ok, that was low blow. i take it back,” he tweeted.

Appearing on ABC Monday, former FBI agent Brad Garrett said it wouldn’t surprise him if the suspected bombing was conducted by a domestic extremist group trying to make a statement. He said there have been a number of “domestic extremist events” carried out from the dates April 15-20, including the Oklahoma City bombing, Columbine and Virginia Tech.

He went on to say that a “neo Nazi or a patriot group” are not going to come forward immediately to claim responsibility. He also said it might be an individual not a group behind the explosions.

“There’s a lot of public source information about demonstrations on taxes, on a number of other issues that are hot button issues for extremists groups who don’t like either what the government is doing or what the government represents,” he explained.

Pierce

Ginsberg

Sharptons Khan

Kristof

Garrett

Bergen

Blaming Republicans / Right Wing Extremism

He only reason I'm compiling this now is to compare later to when they have a confirmed suspect. Try to take it easy on me.

This is terrible for all victims and family. Remain vigilant.

• Upvote 1

I lay this act of terrorism in Boston at the feet of Obama. Ask me why?

Over the course of of his presidency obama had opened the gates for such acts as we have seen today. Let's start with his rhetoric

when  a few years back he began his apology tour and bowing to the Saudi's. This enabled our enemies to view us as

apologists.  2. His failure to act to protect US property and our Ambassador in Lybia while under attck was despicable. And, more

cowardly were the orders to "stand down" as four Americans lost their lives while obama went to bed and Hallarious Hillarious was

nowhere to be found. Again, our enemies viewed us as incompetent and inept as a military might. 3. Giving billions of dollars and two

F-16's to the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood ( our enemies) while "we close down our control towers because we can't do both," Barack

Obama. This showed our enemies that Americans are "STUPID."  4. Obama's refusal to close down our borders to protect Americans. He

did this to gain votes. That sent sent a message to our enemies that American politicians are corrupt. 5. And, recently and most

egregously politicizing the

Newtown massacre. Obama's desire to take away our Constitutional rights to protect ourselves had given an image of a weak America!

Why wouldn't anyone who hates us not commit another heinous terriorist act? They know Obama and his administration will do

NOTHING except the usual photo ops and TV speeches!  Just as the blood of our four fallen heros in Lybia are on obama's hands so are

the lives of those who died today in Boston!   This is what happens when corruption and leading from behind occurs!  Obama opened

the door years ago!              

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

From what I've seen - actually less damage than I expected, but I don't know what size bombs we're used or what kind of containers or how they were set.  All those factors come into play. 

Big difference is our our first responders obviously appear much more professional and coordinated in their effort. From what I've seen so far - I'm surprised the death toll isn't higher. 

Sorry - took me 3 tries to answer this post. Just had problems typing -  

Again thank you for your service and your reply. I sympathize with you. 

It wasn't my intention, dog.. was just quoting what tv reporters were saying. I agree with you .

I was doing doing lighting for the athletes village and the tower were it went off was the tower the lighting consol is located. Luckily I had decided to go to the bathroom. I was about 200 feet from the bomb.

I'm happy you got spared, my Friend. I'm sorry for those who lost their lives in that sad situation.

Edited by umbertino

Jay Soroko of Fox News was running in the race and just said that he heard 

THREE distinct explosions. Lets see if our Gov will change this story. It is very 

sad but these things shall wax worse and worse. I am afraid that it is time to 

pay the piper for our sins. 

Tankdude, you say that you have seen this type of things first hand? Just wondering

after watching the explosions on tv does it look like what you saw in country? 

And thank you and God for serving, SEIMPER FI. [/quo

Ya, lets just see how soon we will read how the government is behind this, today? Tomorrow ? I am sure we will read something soon. It really breaks my heart, why is there so much of this going on as of late?

Jay Soroko of Fox News was running in the race and just said that he heard 

THREE distinct explosions. Lets see if our Gov will change this story. It is very 

sad but these things shall wax worse and worse. I am afraid that it is time to 

pay the piper for our sins. 

Tankdude, you say that you have seen this type of things first hand? Just wondering

after watching the explosions on tv does it look like what you saw in country? 

And thank you and God for serving, SEIMPER FI. [/quo

Ya, lets just see how soon we will read how the government is behind this, today? Tomorrow ? I am sure we will read something soon. It really breaks my heart, why is there so much of this going on as of late?

The third explosion was at the JFK building

Some say that the police /EOD detonated it...

I truly wish you were wright, but I just can't help but think of those 

60 million babies that we have murdered wanting justice. There are 

possibly millions of good people here, I know allot personally. Don't 

mean to offend but as I have always said, 

If my people will repent and turn from there wicked ways I will hear 

there prayers and heal there land.  

Agreed, I guess I choose to believe it will turn around. Too much doom and gloom taught in church today. We are heirs to the throne of God. We we put our hands to will prosper.

Eyewitness: Authorities Announced “Drill” Before Boston Explosions

UM coach “thought it was odd” bomb sniffing dogs were at start and finish lines

Paul Joseph Watson

Infowars.com

April 15, 2013

An eyewitness to the two explosions at the Boston Marathon today said that a “drill” was repeatedly announced before the bombs exploded and that he “thought it was odd” bomb sniffing dogs were in place before the blast.

Image: Twitter

University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15 News, “They kept making announcements on the loud speaker that it was just a drill and there was nothing to worry about. “It seemed like there was some sort of threat, but they kept telling us it was just a drill.”

The news station also reports that Stevenson “thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.”

Stevenson then describes hearing the explosions as he ran away from the scene, having just completed the marathon.

If this report is accurate, it clearly suggests there could have been some degree of prior knowledge of the bombing, which killed two people and injured at least 23.

The fact that the explosions were preceded and overlapped by a”drill” of an almost identical nature mirrors other major terror attacks, such as the 7/7 bombings in London.

It is important to emphasize that the New York Times recently reported that most of the recent domestic terror plots in the United States “were facilitated by the F.B.I.,” suggesting that today’s incident in Boston may have been part of such an operation.

It remains to be seen how the media and the Obama administration will exploit this incident depending who gets the blame, but Rahm Emanuel’s “never let a serious crisis go to waste” advisory is sure to be in play.

More on this story as it develops…..

Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a host for Infowars Nightly News.

This article was posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 at 4:22 pm

CNN is blaming "Right Wing Extremism"

Bergen from CNN is blaming "Right Wing Extremism"

I didn't want to think it this time.. but I couldn't shake it when I saw it.

This has been an extremely fearful and sad day for those of us who live and work in Boston and for the country. It seemed even more traumatic because I happen to work with a team of folks from all over the world, however, how odd is it that I share a workspace with a man from CO who's children were in school during Columbine Shootings, who's daughter was a teacher of a student killed in the Aurora shootings, another who is from Newtown, CT and lastly an International coworker from Pakistan. The panic in their eyes is extremely heart-wrenching.

My birthday is the official patriots day and I have a few celebrations that were memorable, but not because I was experiencing joy.

If you want to see the best coverage of news go to Boston.com and scroll through the blog - a sports camera person was filming the finish line when the bombs went off, there were TWO BOMBS that exploded and from the local news the third was also on the same street but was deployed by the police.

Be aware this is a gruesome video.

ame="eddiemac" post="1153460" timestamp="1366069455"]

The third explosion was at the JFK building

Some say that the police /EOD detonated it...

This turned out to be an electrical fire and not related to the bombings. However until the investigated they treated it as it was a related incident.

Edited by DinarDana

This has been an extremely fearful and sad day for those of us who live and work in Boston and for the country. It seemed even more traumatic because I happen to work with a team of folks from all over the world, however, how odd is it that I share a workspace with a man from CO who's children were in school during Columbine Shootings, who's daughter was a teacher of a student killed in the Aurora shootings, another who is from Newtown, CT and lastly an International coworker from Pakistan. The panic in their eyes is extremely heart-wrenching.

My birthday is the official patriots day and I have a few celebrations that were memorable, but not because I was experiencing joy.

If you want to see the best coverage of news go to Boston.com and scroll through the blog - a sports camera person was filming the finish line when the bombs went off, there were TWO BOMBS that exploded and from the local news the third was also on the same street but was deployed by the police.

This turned out to be an electrical fire and not related to the bombings. However until the investigated they treated it as it was a related incident.

Very sorry about it, Dinar Dana.

• Upvote 1

http://google.org/personfinder/2013-boston-explosions/

If you now someone who ran and haven't heard from them yet. I had a guy that used to work for me running, he was a block away when the bombs went off, he's fine.

I read on boston.com's (http://live.boston.com/Event/Live_blog_Explosion_in_Copley_Square) live blog feed that they have found 5 unexploded devices so far. A 78 year old man fell after the first explosion and he said he saw what looked like a coffee can. Other people mentioned that ball bearings were everywhere. People smelled gunpowder in the air. The pictures and accounts are heart-wrenching.

I also read that the last mile was dedicated to the Newtown families and there were some of them seated at the finish line... I pray none of them were harmed... also that there was a 3 year old injured, no idea the extent of their injuries.

My heart is hurting tonite.

My 15 year old kkid said that her facebook friends are sending notes that they are to wear their Sunday best to school tomorrow to honor the victims. <3

KK

Edited by KiaKaha

Glad you're safe and thanks for the website..  I was wondering about the children injured.. 

Found this on that site

From Globe's Kay Lazar:

Boston Children’s Hospital received eight patients injured at the explosion at the Boston Marathon. Patients’ conditions ranged from good to serious. There were no patient deaths among the patients brought to Boston Children’s from the scene.

Our patients included:

• A 9-year-old girl with leg trauma who is in the operating room.

• A 42-year-old parent of a patient is being treated in the ED.

• A 7-year-old boy is being treated in the ED for a minor leg injury.

• A 12 year old with a femur fracture has been admitted.

• A 2 year-old-boy with a head injury has been admitted to the Medical/Surgical ICU.

• Three additional patients in good condition were treated in the ED

According to Boston EMS, we will not be receiving any more patients from the Boston Marathon scene

Glad you're safe and thanks for the website..  I was wondering about the children injured.. 

Found this on that site

From Globe's Kay Lazar:

Boston Children’s Hospital received eight patients injured at the explosion at the Boston Marathon. Patients’ conditions ranged from good to serious. There were no patient deaths among the patients brought to Boston Children’s from the scene.

Our patients included:

• A 9-year-old girl with leg trauma who is in the operating room.

• A 42-year-old parent of a patient is being treated in the ED.

• A 7-year-old boy is being treated in the ED for a minor leg injury.

• A 12 year old with a femur fracture has been admitted.

• A 2 year-old-boy with a head injury has been admitted to the Medical/Surgical ICU.

• Three additional patients in good condition were treated in the ED

According to Boston EMS, we will not be receiving any more patients from the Boston Marathon scene

Many injured went to Beth Israel Hospital -

An eight-year old boy died of injuries.  So sad.

I heard on the local radio a nurse who worked at the medical tent for the runner's was treating a victim who had lost two lower extremities. It appears from this radio conversation that most of the injuries were limbs - It appears from this knowledge they suspect the bombs were probably in the trash cans - (at the street level).

Senator Dianne Feinstein (D – California) has a bill to “Ban Bombs” ready to present to congress as soon as it reconvenes. When questioned about the new legislation she replied “banning bombs is the only way we can assure our children will be safe from these deadly devices”.  After her brief press conference Feinstein contacted Bloomberg and discovered he had already pushed his new “Bomb Ban” through the city council of New York and was instilling it to be retroactive back one full year.   Meaning all Bombs in New York will be illegal for the past year. 

Just to make it clear, this was a joke wasn't it? 

If so, it is funny, but just like something that would happen.

If it is not a joke . . . it is stupid.  "Banning bombs" is like telling the terrorist that it is against the law to hurt, maim, and kill people.  Now wouldn't that be stupid and futile . . . as well as infantile.