Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Five golden dinars currency on the occasion of the fiftieth anniversary of the founding of the Iraqi army

yota691

:eyebrows: Five golden dinars currency on the occasion of the fiftieth anniversary of the founding of the Iraqi army

15.4.2013 | (Voice of Iraq) - comment.PNGAdd a comment -  N. agency publishes news reporting archival image of a gold coin five dinars issued by the Central Bank on the occasion of the fiftieth anniversary of the founding of the Iraqi army

150413122941_140_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

hahahaha o-k  i`m on board with you guys,,,, if they are doing these coins ---- why have they not stamped the coins we have been looking for  for so-long ??? ----------> or have they all ready stamped those babies and are about to let loose those brand new coins with the new value 1 to 1  :peace:

coins can have any face value the government deem .... it has nothing to do with there actual metal content value

just look at the american gold eagle ..... it's face value is $50 ...... gold content is about $1400

means nothing that there making a 5 dinar gold coin ......  or maybe it does it is a rather low number even for them

but do not think for a second that 5 dinar is going to be equal to the value of the gold weight in the coin

• Upvote 2

coins can have any face value the government deem .... it has nothing to do with there actual metal content value

just look at the american gold eagle ..... it's face value is $50 ...... gold content is about $1400

means nothing that there making a 5 dinar gold coin ......  or maybe it does it is a rather low number even for them

but do not think for a second that 5 dinar is going to be equal to the value of the gold weight in the coin

I don't but 5 iqd? cmon.........

• Upvote 2

These are archive pictures and can be found on any coin site.

I have collected and deal with coins for many years, mainly gold and silver, but these are neither as they are from 1971 and as they say are commemorative coins but are made of Nickel. Size 22.9 gr  36.3mm.

Sorry just to help.

These are 1971 Nickel 500 fil coins, as any coin collector will verify.

• Upvote 2

Trying to trace the original news report I have found a Spanish translation that when put into it's proper context should read "gold coloured" coin.

It does also say "non news" agency, and does state "archive", so it should maybe have a 1st of April date from some year.

• Upvote 1

Did anyone check to see when the actual 50th anniversary of the Iraqi army occurred????

This quote from Wikipedia:

"The Iraqi Army in its modern form was first created by the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland during their mandate over the country following the end of World War I."

Now didn't that happen in the forties??? So add 50 years...199? probably not a critical article....