Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Washington gives the green light to BARZANI to TAKE OVER the PRESIDENT of IRAQ now! (10 April 2013 09:57)

ALBUNDY

Well, according to the unverified report, it would be Barzani.  I still can't find this story anywhere except for Dinar-related websites, so I will remain skeptical until it hits a reputable news site.

Also, I'm in agreement that a change like this would cause further delay - if not outright halt permanently that which we would hope to see.  There are some who probably see this is in the opposite way, however, that there could be no RV without a change like this.  Just shows how much there is still to learn.

According to this, Barzani will replace Talabani for president. Maliki is prime minister. 

According to this, Barzani will replace Talabani for president. Maliki is prime minister. 

It actually would give Barzani more power.  If he replaces Talabani, then his son would take his place, I would think.  Now this gives more of a squeeze play on Maliki, he loses his buffer from Barzani, which is Talabani.  

4-11-2013  Newshound Guru Kaperoni   Article:  "Washington supports Barzani, president of Iraq now!"   Interesting article for sure. Iraqis have stated they do not want US interference in political matters.  I would assume Maliki would not appreciate this if true.  lol  One thing this article does do..is confirms that Maliki is the problem.  Those who thought conspiracy, or higher sources holding this up are simply wrong.  Maliki appears to be deliberately stalling progress in Iraq.  His time may be running out.

I think this is a dangerous statement - Maliki has been a problem for many things, but naming him as the reason for the lack of a RV is overreaching.  Doing so only makes it more likely people will unreasonably assume that replacing Maliki will result in a RV - and there is nothing that says that will happen.  We are just as likely to see a new leader be extremely helpful with Iraq policy and progress without him bringing a RV to fruition.

I think this is a dangerous statement - Maliki has been a problem for many things, but naming him as the reason for the lack of a RV is overreaching.  Doing so only makes it more likely people will unreasonably assume that replacing Maliki will result in a RV - and there is nothing that says that will happen.  We are just as likely to see a new leader be extremely helpful with Iraq policy and progress without him bringing a RV to fruition.

I would agree with your assessment.   However I personally am not convinced Maliki is the problem at all, accept he is not in agreement with the different groups groping for the power.  Barzani may be a wolf dressed in sheeps clothing.  What he says may not be what he means.  One must never forget who slapped their face all over Kurdistan when Saddam was brought down, it was not Maliki.  What is one of the first things a dictator does when the former dictator falls?   That's right put their picture everywhere.

Having said that, if Maliki is moved out of his position, I believe the RV is moved further back.  

Convenient timing?

Baghdad (news) .. Accused the leadership of the Liberal bloc Prince Kanani Maliki he was trying to breach the constitution by calling for parliamentary elections ahead of schedule. Kinani said (of the Agency news): From a constitutional standpoint election must be held 45 days before the expiration of the mandate the House of Representatives no objection to provide election Month or two. explained: can not be held parliamentary elections ahead of schedule by six months or more by the Constitution, and thus the demand for Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to call for early elections is in check statements electoral. said: If the Prime Minister is satisfied his being a consensus government and restricted for his work can be to submit his resignation and asked the President to designate another person or is to form a majority government or compromise or technocrats or in any form in the interests of the State. explained: that Maliki's remarks where a lack of respect for the constitution, which put him to the elections and set it to time. / Finished / 3 . d. Q / 

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/145872-prince-kanani-if-maliki-not-satisfied-with-the-performance-of-his-government-could-resign-rather-than-call-for-early-elections/#ixzz2QBODcLd6

There is an upcoming election in Iraq for Prime Minister.  Maliki, though this is his last term, wants another term in office and is willing to challenge their constitution and circumvent a fair election.  Talabani, the current President, is sick and in hospital and cannot truly function as political leader.  Talabani's opposition to Maliki and his challenge to the electoral portion of the law is weak and would have little effect.  Barzani's appointment (recommended by the Obama Administration) would mean that there is stiff opposition to Maliki's challenge to the constitution's instructions as to how the elections are to take place.  Barzani will call for a "no confidence" vote against Maliki, destabilizing his position and the elections will go on as per the constitution.  Plus, the appointment of Barzani will, at least, strengthen the unity with the Kurds of the region.

IMO none of this will have any bearing on an RV of the currency.  That will happen or not happen and it doesn't matter who is in office.  What they want to accomplish is the unity of the country.  Could it delay the RV?  ANYTHING delays the RV for us, but they don't seem have the RV on their front burner. 

• Upvote 2

Taxis are apart of living in a civilized world. All this complaining over what's right for our country. I'm curious what the majority of this country has sacrificed for America over the last ten years of war? Such an entitled group we are. I like taxis. I like the police, fire department, water treatment and the list goes on. As for how he spends the money on party's and such, I only hope you have been complaining about this since been voting.

Politics aside, GO RV!!!

• Upvote 1

I used to work in a place where everyone complained about the boss all the time, every day. One day he was moved to a different department and everyone was celebrating..but the celebration did not last long...The new Boss was ten times worse. 

Be careful what you wish for....gainesm is right the replacement could very well be worse. Now please understand I am NOT a fan of Maliki, and I believe that the best thing for Iraq is if he is replaced, but doing so is NOT a guarentee that and RV will happen with his replacement.

• Upvote 2