Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

It's time for a reality infusion. I want an RV just as much as anybody else, but let's get real. Iraq is a mess!!!! . Do your own research and stop relying on information that is spoon fed day in and day out!

Iraq is on the verge of collapse and it is heading in the wrong direction. Don't get me wrong, anything is possible but let's be real, they have a long.... long way to go before they will be ready to do anything with their currency.

IMHO I do not believe we will see anything happen in 2013, and I will be vary impressed if anything happens in 2014. I know this may be hard to swallow for some people but lets face it, they are just not ready at this time. One thing I do know is that when the time comes, and if they do decide to do anything with the value of their currency it will be all over the news. You won't have to wait for an email from anybody!!!! Trust me you will know within hours if not minutes. If you are invested in the Dinar and I am assuming you are if your on this site, then just set back and relax. If it happens great!! but if not, oh well at least you can say you took a shot and thats better than being one of those people always saying "I wish I would have"...

Please feel free to bash......or prove me wrong, after all this JMO.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

im with ya about the time line . but i dont see a colapse . its not in anyones interest to  have a colapse .. the iraqi oil mineral  rights will not be devided and given away .  ..i think some in the north think they will be breaking away .. but thats not going to happen ..  the new world order was established  before the first gulf war .. no one will agressivly take over another country and take control and legally own it .. . the un will back iraq unless  iraq peacfully agrees to give away part of its country . it wont be happening .

ask saddam  he was the last one to try it ., then came the new world order .. and  47 nations  kicked saddam out of kuwait

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

A very close friend of mine knows a gentleman who used to work for one of the monetary agencies...yes globally...and he said this guys quote was: "Whenever they revalue their currency...it will look so bleak, with so much negativity coming out...that it will make some want to throw their dinars away or burn them..then he said...is when it will POP!!!)...so go figure...this has been my opinion all along...for what it's worth...

P.S...Trillions were not put in that country...by even all the superpowers and largest companies in the world to LOSE!

• Upvote 6

A very close friend of mine knows a gentleman who used to work for one of the monetary agencies...yes globally...and he said this guys quote was: "Whenever they revalue their currency...it will look so bleak, with so much negativity coming out...that it will make some want to throw their dinars away or burn them..then he said...is when it will POP!!!)...so go figure...this has been my opinion all along...for what it's worth...

P.S...Trillions were not put in that country...by even all the superpowers and largest companies in the world to LOSE!

And I'd love to believe all that and that it will occur soon.... But you understand that it does get tiring after ( in my case) 9 years and one may tend to get disenchanted after all this time.... Nonetheless I'll try and hang on as I need the money badly.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

:rolleyes:  :lol: let me ask you this? why would thew world bank and IMF meet with Iraq to put them in article 4 if they didnt feel Iraq was ready to raise their value of their dinar.  The answer is they would have never met with Iraq and also given them another extension which they didnt. Come on now your dealing with people that have been in this for years. I know this is your opinion but the IMF and WB are big players i the economic world you dont mess with them. If Iraq ever wants to get out of chapter 7 and go international then they will need to revalue.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Go ask your bank why they wont deal with the dinar its because of the sanctions. IMHO wonder why the budget hasnt been released and also wonder why they targeted the Gazette building also 4 other newspaper agencies. Maybe just maybe the new exchange rate is in that budget. There are people that dont want to see this come out and others that do.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Go ask your bank why they wont deal with the dinar its because of the sanctions. IMHO wonder why the budget hasnt been released and also wonder why they targeted the Gazette building also 4 other newspaper agencies. Maybe just maybe the new exchange rate is in that budget. There are people that dont want to see this come out and others that do.

The banks were handling dinar for years while sanctions were in place.  The reason they stopped is they realized that their customers were buying the dinar as an investment, and they didn't want to encourage that.  You really should quit listening to Frank.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

The banks were handling dinar for years while sanctions were in place.  The reason they stopped is they realized that their customers were buying the dinar as an investment, and they didn't want to encourage that.  You really should quit listening to Frank.

Right on.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

And maybe you should quit speculating on why & what banks do. Two of the banks my companies do business with stated that the original thought was that the Dinar would become internationally recognized well before now. When a specific timeframe was reached and the uncertainity of what when anything would happen that's when they decided to stop dealing and wait. You seem to enjoy slammin folks for their opinions..........classless

• Downvote 1

Why hasn't the budget been released? Has there been any articles that stated why it hasn't been published? I thought they let it know like a week or so after it was approved.

Why hasn't the budget been released? Has there been any articles that stated why it hasn't been published? I thought they let it know like a week or so after it was approved.

It was published today, check the news section. No new rate given:(

And maybe you should quit speculating on why & what banks do. Two of the banks my companies do business with stated that the original thought was that the Dinar would become internationally recognized well before now. When a specific timeframe was reached and the uncertainity of what when anything would happen that's when they decided to stop dealing and wait. You seem to enjoy slammin folks for their opinions..........classless

It's not speculation

"Effective Immediately, Fifth Third Bank will no longer offer the Iraqi Dinar currency for sale. Fifth Third offers foreign cash banknotes for the convenience of our customers who travel abroad. The bank does not intend for the service to be used as an investment vehicle. The increased demand for this currency due to rumors and speculation has made it difficult for us to manage within the parameters of the program’s intent, which is to provide currency for the travel needs of our customers. Due to the sourcing and customer service challenges this has caused, we are recommending customers in need of the Dinar make use of local currency exchange at their destination. All other currencies we offer will continue to be bought and sold as usual. We will continue to evaluate the Dinar as needed."

I deal in facts, not opinions or rumors or guru intel.

• Upvote 3

It's not speculation

"Effective Immediately, Fifth Third Bank will no longer offer the Iraqi Dinar currency for sale. Fifth Third offers foreign cash banknotes for the convenience of our customers who travel abroad. The bank does not intend for the service to be used as an investment vehicle. The increased demand for this currency due to rumors and speculation has made it difficult for us to manage within the parameters of the program’s intent, which is to provide currency for the travel needs of our customers. Due to the sourcing and customer service challenges this has caused, we are recommending customers in need of the Dinar make use of local currency exchange at their destination. All other currencies we offer will continue to be bought and sold as usual. We will continue to evaluate the Dinar as needed."

I deal in facts, not opinions or rumors or guru intel.

You quote one bank,but your original post stated "banks". Now if this a standard response for ALL banks then I will apologize and talk to my banks reps that provided the info I stated. Otherwise the facts you claim only pertain to Fifth Third Bank and should be stated as such. And if opinions,rumors or guru intel bother you such,why read/listen to them?-peace   

Edited by caz1104

It's time for a reality infusion. I want an RV just as much as anybody else, but let's get real. Iraq is a mess!!!! . Do your own research and stop relying on information that is spoon fed day in and day out!
Iraq is on the verge of collapse and it is heading in the wrong direction. Don't get me wrong, anything is possible but let's be real, they have a long.... long way to go before they will be ready to do anything with their currency.
IMHO I do not believe we will see anything happen in 2013, and I will be vary impressed if anything happens in 2014. I know this may be hard to swallow for some people but lets face it, they are just not ready at this time. One thing I do know is that when the time comes, and if they do decide to do anything with the value of their currency it will be all over the news. You won't have to wait for an email from anybody!!!! Trust me you will know within hours if not minutes. If you are invested in the Dinar and I am assuming you are if your on this site, then just set back and relax. If it happens great!! but if not, oh well at least you can say you took a shot and thats better than being one of those people always saying "I wish I would have"...
Please feel free to bash......or prove me wrong, after all this JMO.

I have to agree with you.  I haven't been in this investment nearly as long as some have.  But in the time I have been in it......the seating of the Iraqi government is really the only major thing I have seen come to fruition....and that government is fragile at best.  There have been many itty bitty baby steps.....but nothing of real substance.  And since the U.S. pulled out, they seem to be killing each other at a higher rate than before.  That said, I am a "glass half full" kind of guy.....and I will continue to wait optimistically, while ruffling a few feathers in Off Topics as a time waster.   :eyebrows: 

GO RV, then BV

Iraq has accomplished more IMO in the past 3 months than it has in 5 years.

They are moving faster than they ever have, which isnt saying much.

Maliki is cornered and will be on a short leash until 2014.

CHP 7 will be officially lifted sooner than later.

Keep your eye on the Customs Tariff talk... IMO, that precludes or coincides with the RV.

Again, just my opinion. But there is a lot going on in IRAQ; more than meets the eye.

Oh yeah... the last MAJOR step to the whole IRAQ plan is the Banking System.

There has been a lot of develoment to Iraq's international banking system in the past few months as well.

Big stuff is happening... you just need to hunt for the facts.

Iraq has accomplished more IMO in the past 3 months than it has in 5 years.

They are moving faster than they ever have,

End Quote

Maybe so... But, with all the due respect.....This is one of those statements that I had been reading over and over and over and over again  throughout my 9 year experience with the IQV .......

2013 will most likely go with no substantial  meat for us and then 2014 will come.........And then.....

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 5

You quote one bank,but your original post stated "banks". Now if this a standard response for ALL banks then I will apologize and talk to my banks reps that provided the info I stated. Otherwise the facts you claim only pertain to Fifth Third Bank and should be stated as such. And if opinions,rumors or guru intel bother you such,why read/listen to them?-peace   

This is BOA's response.

"Bank of America, N.A. does not buy or sell Iraqi Dinar (IQD) banknotes, and currently has no plans to offer this service in the future. You may have read on the Internet or heard from friends that Bank of America, N.A. buys and sells Iraqi Dinar banknotes, or has plans to offer this service. This information is not correct. We urge you to seek the advice of a competent, professional investment advisor before making an investment. You should treat with extreme caution any investment schemes you read about on the Internet, in chat rooms, or hear about from friends or acquaintances."

https://www4.bankofamerica.com/foreigncurrency/index.action?template=faqs#exchange_iraqi_dinar

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have to agree with you.  I haven't been in this investment nearly as long as some have.  But in the time I have been in it......the seating of the Iraqi government is really the only major thing I have seen come to fruition....and that government is fragile at best.  There have been many itty bitty baby steps.....but nothing of real substance.  And since the U.S. pulled out, they seem to be killing each other at a higher rate than before.  That said, I am a "glass half full" kind of guy.....and I will continue to wait optimistically, while ruffling a few feathers in Off Topics as a time waster.   :eyebrows: 

GO RV, then BV

You ruffle feathers?  Noooo....I don't believe it....

• Upvote 1