Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi News Iraq visa requirements may push U.S. interpreters out the door

Just got word that not ALL contractors are going to be regulated by this visa process. I too had concerns about this and was informed yesterday that the visa issue would not apply to me or anyone within my company. Also, not all interpreters are US citizens. A high number of them are local nationals. The high level "terps" may have issues but I am sure there are ways around this as all transport in and out of country for people in the employ of the US military are brought in and out of country with military transport. The people that may have issues are the ones that choose to fly a civilian airlines that is operated out of Baghdad.

Had to get a visa upon entering back into Iraq after my last R&R. Was a bit of a wait (about 3 hours) but it is good till January of next year. I really think it is just a way to get more money out of us. The company I work for payed for it but I am sure they bill the US goverment for it as well. If the Iraqi's are wanting us out all they have to do is RV the dinar and this place will empty out quick~~~~Bluto