Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

And the Survey Say's / Police Survey

Sentinel7

Police Poll: Armed Citizens, not Gun Control, Will Lower Violent Crime

Email Article

Print Article Send a Tip

by AWR Hawkins 9 Apr 2013 160 post a comment View Discussion
In a poll conducted by PoliceOne, a majority of law enforcement personnel said universal background checks, "assault weapons" bans, and "high capacity" magazine bans do not make police safer and will not lower violent crime. Armed citizens, on the other hand, do make a positive difference.

In the poll of 15,000 law enforcement professionals, 71% of respondents said an "assault weapons" ban would have zero impact on violent crime. Of those surveyed, 95.7% said the same of a "high capacity" magazine ban, and 79.7% said the same in response to a question on universal background checks.

Over 90% of these law enforcement professionals said "mandatory sentences with no plea bargains" for those who use a gun in perpetrating a crime would reduce violent crime. 

When asked if they supported concealed carry laws for citizens without a felony in their past, 91.3% of respondents answered "yes" on "without question and without further restrictions."

Additionally, 80% of these law enforcement professionals also agreed that casualties at Sandy Hook Elementary would "have likely been reduced" if "legally-armed citizens" had been in the school.

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

• Upvote 7

I have a dear friend who actually believes all this "banning/limiting" BS will work. I tried to reason with her and told her that none of the so-called solutions offered will work. A case in point about limiting the number of bullets you can have (high cap magazines). I was having dinner in CA when I heard some shots and ran outside to where a crowd had gathered. A large bouncer was keeping people back, but allowed me to pass to render aid upon announcing "I am doctor". I found a heavy, thick, no-neck fellow sitting on the garage floor with his back against a pick-up. I introduced myself, told him I was a doctor and wanted to check him out. He was very irate and wanted to "Get the MoFo..."(edited to keep it clean). I found a bullet hole behind his ear and another about mid-neck on the OPPOSITE SIDE. He had been shot THRU the head and the round had exited out his neck. It didn't phase him one bit! He was a little stunned, but otherwise ready to fight. Only after I told him that the bullet maybe lodge against his spinal cord and moving might cripple him completely, (Yeah, I lied) did he calm down enough for me to do my job with what I had. So, for those who think, "Ah, 5 bullets is more than enough..." Consider that-1. you probably wont hit anyone with 1-2 rounds and 2. 1-2 rounds probably wont stop someone getting at you, unless you are extremely lucky to hit a vital organ or carry a large caliber round (45 or better).

Dunno, just saying....Peace

• Upvote 5

Well as long as Im not braking any laws I think I will be sporting my favorite 1911 till the day I die.  I dont need to have the po-po baby sit me. Im a grown man and I am able to take care of myself and not rely on another mans courage to do it for me. 

• Upvote 3

Well as long as Im not braking any laws I think I will be sporting my favorite 1911 till the day I die.  I dont need to have the po-po baby sit me. Im a grown man and I am able to take care of myself and not rely on another mans courage to do it for me. 

You look upon the police as baby sitters?  You think it takes courage to sport a weapon in a civilian setting.......I believe the opposite.  No offense intended Dog.  

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No I don't   But many who refuse to make the effort to take care of their own personal protection do. I have had many policemen friends tell me over the years that the old code protect and serve went out the window years and years ago. They will tell you WE cannot protect you. We come after the fact. AFTER the damage has been done. If you seriously think a cop is going to save your life in a deadly criminal encounter. Your going to die. I believe just the opposite Shabs It takes GREAT courage to accept the responsibility of carrying a weapon and taking control of your OWN personal protection. I have absolutely no problem with your choice and respect it completely but its most certainly not the choice I would make. 

• Upvote 2

Dog,

I agree with you on your point of......."It takes GREAT courage to accept the responsibility of carrying a weapon".  In my view, many people forget about the responsibility part.  I have seen many people that carry for nothing more than to stroke their ego.  It is these people, not your type, that make me very nervous.  I could carry as a deterrent to such people....but that would be like adding fuel to the fire.  I choose to be wary of my surroundings and simply walk away from potential situations.  God forbid that the day comes that I will be backed into a corner without the proper protection.  So far, my plan has worked and I will stick with it until things change for the worse in my world.  Now, when it comes to my home......somebody notify the perps next-of-kin.  

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

Dog,

I agree with you on your point of......."It takes GREAT courage to accept the responsibility of carrying a weapon".  In my view, many people forget about the responsibility part.  I have seen many people that carry for nothing more than to stroke their ego.  It is these people, not your type, that make me very nervous.  I could carry as a deterrent to such people....but that would be like adding fuel to the fire.  I choose to be wary of my surroundings and simply walk away from potential situations.  God forbid that the day comes that I will be backed into a corner without the proper protection.  So far, my plan has worked and I will stick with it until things change for the worse in my world.  Now, when it comes to my home......somebody notify the perps next-of-kin.  

GO RV, then BV

I hope your good fortune continues Shabs. I respect your way of doing things. I don't feel the need to carry all the time because I live in a good area with little or no crime. But I do know people that were caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. One women was brutally raped and almost killed. I don't carry weapons to stroke an ego, I carry because of things that have actually happened to people I know. All the way up to 1998, I didn't feel the need to carry a weapon. Its really sad that times have become so bad that you have to carry a firearm everywhere you go.  

• Upvote 2