Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Lone Star College stabbing: At least 14 wounded, suspect in custody

Bumper64

fa7c246af701920b2e0f6a706700d2d5.jpg

2013-04-09T182320Z_1200102457_TM4E94913N

At least 14 people were wounded in an apparent mass stabbing at Lone Star College's CyFair campus in Cypress, Texas, on Tuesday morning.

The suspect, a white male armed with what one witness described as an X-Acto knife, was detained, police said.

The suspect, believed to be 21, was enrolled at the school.

Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia said police received a 911 call at 11:12 a.m. local time reporting a white male "on the loose stabbing people."

The school was placed on lockdown.

"Seek shelter now," Lone Star College's Twitter feed warned Tuesday afternoon. "If away, stay away."

The incident occurred near and around the school's Health Science Center and remains an active crime scene, Garcia said.

"Buildings are still being searched," he added.

Four victims were transported by helicopter with serious injuries "consistent with laceration," a spokesman for the Harris County Sheriff's Office said. Two others were taken by ambulance to a local trauma center.

Two of those victims are in critical condition, he said. Four are in fair condition. Others victims treated for minor injuries and two refused treatment, Garcia said.

One witness told CNN that the suspect was hearing impaired.

An announcement was made over loud speakers warning students to seek shelter. "This is an emergency," the announcement said, according to KHOU-TV. "Everybody stay inside of your rooms. Do not leave your rooms."

An alert issued on the school's website indicated that "another suspect may possibly be at large." But Garcia said surveillance video reviewed by police indicated there was one "and only one" suspect.

An Instagram user who claimed he helped apprehend the suspect posted a photo of a man face down on the ground with a backpack:

F--- this mothaf---er stabbed 5 people. 2 girls in the cheek. Everyone ran the other way I said f--- that. Me and this kid got em #lonestarstabbing #f---thiskid #copsaretooslow

Police would not confirm the exact weapon used by the suspect, but said no firearms were found at the scene.

The campus was evacuated, vice chancellor Randy Key told reporters, and the college will remain closed for the remainder of the day.

In January, three people were wounded in a shooting at Lone Star College's North Harris campus near Houston. More than 90,000 students attend classes across the Lone Star College system's six campuses.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/lone-star-stabbing-184840929.html

• Upvote 1

There goes our kitchen knives!!

But Bumper at least we get to keep our scissors.  :unsure:

No family show have to go through this ordeal with their child.  Sad day is correct gymrat76541.

This administration is not dealing with the root of all this violence. 

• Upvote 1

No family show have to go through this ordeal with their child.  Sad day is correct gymrat76541.

I agree as it is very sad!!

That was the point of my statement, are they now going to blame the knives or are they finally going to go to the root of the problem!  THE PEOPLE!!

• Upvote 1

Put the BLAME on Obama and his minion clowns! By now those Demon-crats/Liberals are writing up a Bill to BAN all types of knives or anything that can penetrate clothing and skin. Next month it will be forks being used, and Obama's clowns will BAN them too! Then tooth picks and dental floss (toothpick like).

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Put the BLAME on Obama and his minion clowns! By now those Demon-crats/Liberals are writing up a Bill to BAN all types of knives or anything that can penetrate clothing and skin. Next month it will be forks being used, and Obama's clowns will BAN them too! Then tooth picks and dental floss (toothpick like).

Get real Kaduku. You can blame alot of Obama but some sick crazy individual with a knife?

Come on........................if someone goes crazy with a baseball bat, you going to blame Obama for that too?

• Upvote 1

plastic sporks are now the eating utensil of choice at the WH-peace

Get real Kaduku. You can blame alot of Obama but some sick crazy individual with a knife?

Come on........................if someone goes crazy with a baseball bat, you going to blame Obama for that too?

solution "nerf" baseball bats according to VP Joe Biden "and they're more fun" he was quoted as he smacked an aide.

• Upvote 1

541778_437445489678724_1466332693_n.jpg

Now it's guns and knives!  Look at their eyes! That says a lot!

100% in agreement. If a looney toon gets behind the wheel of a semi and drives through a crowded park,should we ban semi's? Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 2

Baseball bat......... no!

What about a golf club?

Edited by jonjon
  • Upvote 1

My guess would be yes, he will. It's much easier to point the finger and place blame than it is to try to solve the problem with valid ideas and suggestions.

His response is completely in line with everything that is wrong in Washington right now. For the most part, the politicians could not care less about finding bipartisan solutions to the issues. They are all so disgruntled that all they can do is point the finger and try their hardest to make the other side look bad. They are all immoral aholes and they ALL need to go.

The way I see it, we have two choices. We can either do our best to vote them out, highest seniority first, or we can all go to Washington, break down the doors of the Capitol and bludgeon them all to death with plastic sporks.

My choice would be to use the tool our founding fathers gave us and vote the jerks out. Once the first few are kicked to the curb, perhaps the others will realize they are no longer invincible and they will actually listen to "We the people".

I may be a dreamer but at this point what else have we got?

Totally agree Bump. That's why I think what Cuomo is doing here in NY is a step in the right direction. If we take the guns out of the hands of mentally unstable people, perhaps gun violence will go down and the drastic proposals that are currently on the table that violate our 2nd amendment rights will simply disappear. I believe all three of the people in the picture were being seen by professionals in the field of mental illness. Had those professionals been proactive and said something to the authorities, perhaps some of their victims would still be alive. Can't say for sure but it couln't have made it any worse for the ones that were killed.

• Upvote 3

I dont think our administration has the authority to beat some of these kids senseless like their parents should be doing. As much as we would hate to admit it, it does all start with the parents.

• Upvote 3

I dont think our administration has the authority to beat some of these kids senseless like their parents should be doing. As much as we would hate to admit it, it does all start with the parents.

Let me take that one step further.  Yes absolutely correct, but when we have a broken family unit and no  God is not involve in the upbringing of our children, we lose our children to satan.  

• Upvote 2

If someone is hell bent on killing then that person will find a way to kill.  A weapon can be made out of anything.  I can make a weapon out of a plastic straw from a large cup of tea!  Just a sharpened pencil, a rock from the street, a branch from a tree, etc.  It is NOT the weapon in the hand it is the weapon in the MIND! 

• Upvote 4

Yeah thats a bunch of crazy there aint it

I can meet ya 1/2 way LIB.  Yes something has to be done about the mentally ill getting there hands on firearms. But trampling on the 2nd amendment is most certainly not the answer.  If a person is non-violent and sane in every aspect of the word but is a vet or a person with bad nerves and takes a pill to alleviate that. Why should that person not be allowed to protect his family . The laws they are passing in new york are from knee jerk reaction and those laws are never well thought out and can easily be abused.

Just my opinion

• Upvote 3

You know what I have a hard time understanding after listening to the news reports. This guy had a handful of box cutters  utility knifes. He didn't stab the victims he was slicing them in the  face the throat. All the while grown men . Young men granted but men nevertheless ran . Some locked themselves in class rooms. Finally a group of young men did put a stop to it but not before 18 people were slashed. I'm sorry but doesn't that sound kinda lame. I mean this is texas I have never met a texan who didn't say he was a coona$$ (thats texan for tough guy) What the hell happened. This guy is running around cutting people up and nobody takes him out? I just find this new world so strange.

• Upvote 1