Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Texas Residents: HB700 (Open Carry Law) Is Running Out Of Time!

TexasGranny

Received the following in an email today - If you are pro-gun and a Texas resident, please take action. Oh yeah, Oklahoma has already taken care of this - what are we waiting on????

According Rep. Lavender's office all the e-mails and phone calls in support of HB700 is working but we still have no vote on the agenda in committee and time is running out. If Chairman Pickett don't bring it to a vote in the next two weeks it will die a slow no vote death in committee. We need to put as much pressure on Pickett, Speaker Straus and the Home land security committee as possible. Please call the numbers below to voice your support for House bill 700 and you can follow the links to e-mail the needed parties that are holding our chance of open carry hostage because of their own democratic party agenda. Also e-mail Gov. Perry and let his office know that we as citizens of Texas deserve the same rights as 44 other states to protect ourselves and family so he needs to get on the biggest soap box Texas has and get HB 700 pushed through and if they run out of time he needs to hold congress for special session to take care of unfinished business on HB 700.

:rocking-chair:

• Upvote 4

We do NOT have legal Open Carry - We have been trying to get this bill passed for years - right now it is once again held up in committee.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I believe it is legal to carry a "rifle" in your vehicle with out any special permit. However, I do not believe

you are allowed to have a visible handgun. Concealed carry allows us to carry a gun but it must be concealed. There are many people in Texas that do

carry firearms in their vehicles with out a CCL - I had one in my purse all the time back in the late 70's - 80's without a CCL.

Someone with more knowledge on this than me, please give Dog53 the correct info.

• Upvote 3

You are correct on your statement TG, I for one hope thay PASS our fight for an open carry...I know this will DETER some if not all potential criminals from doing anything stupid if they see that there are numerous of us LAW ABIDING citizens are armed and visible. Will also DETER obama's clowns from taking our weapons/rights from Texans!!!!!

We do NOT have legal Open Carry - We have been trying to get this bill passed for years - right now it is once again held up in committee.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I believe it is legal to carry a "rifle" in your vehicle with out any special permit. However, I do not believe

you are allowed to have a visible handgun. Concealed carry allows us to carry a gun but it must be concealed. There are many people in Texas that do

carry firearms in their vehicles with out a CCL - I had one in my purse all the time back in the late 70's - 80's without a CCL.

Someone with more knowledge on this than me, please give Dog53 the correct info.