Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

G a Y Marriage

yota691

G a y  Marriage

04/02/2013

0 Comments

6247151.jpg

There is a lot of controversy over marriage lately...

Is it between a man and a woman? 

Is it between people of the same sex?

What does GOD have to say about it?

Does His Word even matter?

Here’s the problem with all these questions that are being posed: usually the person asking already has a closed mind on this subject.  Quite often, this debate is used just to trap Christians into a position of hypocrisy. 

Questions and statements that demand an answer are presented...

Christians aren't supposed to judge. 

Aren't you supposed to be loving?

Don't you believe that all people are entitled to love?

All of these arguments in favor of homosexual marriage sound good until you cut through the rhetoric and are straightforward (honestly, no pun intended) about what you’re saying.  So let’s really look at this together:

First and absolutely foremost, GOD - in His perfect, complete, inspired Word - opposes homosexuality. There is no way around this fact.  We can try to dilute it, excuse it, change it and ignore it, but - in the end - we just make idolaters of ourselves, seeking to make a god in our own image.  This is comparable to the Israelite s bowing down before a golden calf.  They could make a god to look the way they wanted him to, give up their gold for the idol, dance for the idol and pray to the idol; but that didn't make the golden calf any less of a fraud.  It was all just worthless idolatry.

Is it unloving, judgmental or prejudice towards *** people to oppose same sex marriage?  That seems to be the common consensus among supporters, but have you noticed that this attack - in reality - is being waged against Christians. Why are only Christians made to wear the “intolerant” label while other religious groups take a violent stand against this sin? After all, what does a Christian teach except that there is forgiveness for sin and that GOD loves everyone? As a Christian, I can tell you that it is my sincerest hope that anyone caught in a life of sin can come to repentance.

Now let’s address those statements and questions I mentioned previously. First though, note - as you have these conversations, avoid getting caught in arguments with people who are only looking for a fight. This is unprofitable and only leads to unfounded attacks, name calling, hurt feelings and burned bridges!

The claim “Christians aren't supposed to judge” is taken from Matthew 7:1

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. (Matthew 7:1 NIV)

This one single verse sounds like it sums up all that Christ taught on the topic of judging however, that is NOT the case. Verse 1 is only the first part of what Jesus said. Let’s read the rest:

For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces. (Matthew 7:2-6 NIV)

Here Jesus gives an awesome illustration for people struggling with sin. Notice that the speck of sawdust and the plank are both wood - the same sin; one sin is just “bigger” than the other, or one person more consumed by it. How can you judge someone who is struggling with the same sin as you are? Could one *** man claim that another *** man is more entrenched in sexual sin than he? And especially if the former is caught in a deeper struggle than the latter.

Keep reading...

First take the plank out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck from your brothers eye. 

Notice that Jesus did not say let them each go their own way and continue to sin; He said to remove your plank AND remove your brother’s speck!

Along these same “don’t judge” lines is the claim that Jesus is friends with sinners, and that He accepted them as they were. I haven’t read in the Bible any instance of Jesus ever condoning sin; as a matter of fact he always told the sinners He forgave to stop sinning before something worse happened or simply to go and sin no more.

Consider now what Paul wrote in his first letter to the Corinthian church.

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord. Your boasting is not good. Don’t you know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough? Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.” (1 Corinthians 5:1-13 NIV)

The Bible clearly teaches that we, Christians, ARE to judge sin of all types among ourselves. The world or the unsaved are responsible for themselves; however, when the world desires to enter into a holy covenant of my faith and my God, I must stand for what I believe. As a Christian, I don't want to see anyone lost, and I want all people to be a part of my family.

So - the questioning goes - aren't you supposed to be loving?

Yes! I wholeheartedly agree here.  Christians are COMMANDED to love!

There are people who come across as unloving, usually because they've forgotten that they were guilty of crucifying Jesus with their sins at one point as well.

Still, no one who believes that sin - ANY kind of sin - brings separation from GOD and death can stand by and watch another continue on that death path while claiming they are loving. If we do love - truly love - then we help bring others to salvation, understanding that Jesus’ blood is enough to cover ALL sins!

Now what of this: Aren't all people entitled to love?

My opinion - Absolutely! What does that mean though? Is that to say that we should have sex with everyone we love?  This line of reasoning opens some doors that concern me deeply.  What is to stop us from saying this same thing about child molesters? (Actually, this is already a path that is being explored by some using the euphemism “ inter- generational intimacy.”) 

Another similar argument that is used - “I can't help who I am attracted to" - can also be applied to children.  Will that be acceptable as well? 

Do you see that more we make excuses for one, 

the more strongly we inevitably justify the other?

Another common claim is this: It's their life, not yours.  What business is it of yours if they want to get married? 

Let’s look at three points here. 

• No one lives his own life apart from everyone else. Every single person affects someone around him with his actions. If this were not so, why would we spend so much time and money running campaigns about drinking and driving, secondhand smoke, and the environment? How about the heated debate over gun control? 
  • My children (among many others) are growing up in this world that we are creating. It is my right to focus on their futures. Is it not? The obvious argument that would be thrown at me here is “you’re raising your children to have hatred towards others.” Nope. I am raising my children to know that they have a right to stand for their beliefs just as much as anyone else - that they have a right to obey their GOD over the current popular culture.
  • Marriage is legally binding. I don't care about tax breaks or any other benefits that come with it. Give that to *** couples, for all I care. While I don't condone their lifestyle, I would rather see them have the monetary benefits without having to legally trap themselves in sin. (Now, I understand that we are all naturally defensive over “our” sin.  When our personal struggles or errors are pointed out, our pride kicks in. And when you add to that the pressure from people around us to remain in that sin, our defensiveness is heightened still.) Why do people sell drugs? They believe it’s easy money; and even when a person knows it is wrong, they may still struggle with leaving that “business” because they don’t want to lose the ease of that lifestyle.How much harder would be if they were in a legally binding contract with their supplier? The same thing problem exists with legally binding someone to a relationship that separates them from GOD.
Understand that this is not a message of hate, but a stand for not only my beliefs, but for those who would be trapped. I deeply love the lost, and I have been lost myself. I know firsthand that GOD is loving; still you must be willing to let him love you. I am available for anyone who would like to learn more about GOD'S willingness to forgive you. Feel free to contact me anytime.

GOD bless.

Edited by Markinsa
Cleared Black Background :)
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 3

The same thing problem exists with legally binding someone to a relationship that separates them from GOD.

Understand that this is not a message of hate, but a stand for not only my beliefs, but for those who would be trapped. I deeply love the lost, and I have been lost myself. I know firsthand that GOD is loving; still you must be willing to let him love you. I am available for anyone who would like to learn more about GOD'S willingness to forgive you. Feel free to contact me anytime.

GOD bless.

That is a VERY GOOD POINT!

-

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I am reposting this without the formatting so it is easier to read.

*** Marriage

04/02/2013

0 Comments

Picture

Here’s the problem with all these questions that are being posed: usually the person asking already has a closed mind on this subject.  Quite often, this debate is used just to trap Christians into a position of hypocrisy.

Questions and statements that demand an answer are presented...

Christians aren't supposed to judge.

Aren't you supposed to be loving?

Don't you believe that all people are entitled to love?

All of these arguments in favor of homosexual marriage sound good until you cut through the rhetoric and are straightforward (honestly, no pun intended) about what you’re saying.  So let’s really look at this together:

First and absolutely foremost, GOD - in His perfect, complete, inspired Word - opposes homosexuality. There is no way around this fact.  We can try to dilute it, excuse it, change it and ignore it, but - in the end - we just make idolators of ourselves, seeking to make a god in our own image.  This is comparable to the Israelites bowing down before a golden calf.  They could make a god to look the way they wanted him to, give up their gold for the idol, dance for the idol and pray to the idol; but that didn’t make the golden calf any less of a fraud.  It was all just worthless idolatry.

Is it unloving, judgmental or prejudice towards *** people to oppose same sex marriage?  That seems to be the common consensus among supporters, but have you noticed that this attack - in reality - is being waged against Christians. Why are only Christians made to wear the “intolerant” label while other religious groups take a violent stand against this sin? After all, what does a Christian teach except that there is forgiveness for sin and that GOD loves everyone? As a Christian, I can tell you that it is my sincerest hope that anyone caught in a life of sin can come to repentance.

Now let’s address those statements and questions I mentioned previously. First though, note - as you have these conversations, avoid getting caught in arguments with people who are only looking for a fight. This is unprofitable and only leads to unfounded attacks, name calling, hurt feelings and burned bridges!

The claim “Christians aren't supposed to judge” is taken from Matthew 7:1

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. (Matthew 7:1 NIV)

This one single verse sounds like it sums up all that Christ taught on the topic of judging however, that is NOT the case. Verse 1 is only the first part of what Jesus said. Let’s read the rest:

For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces. (Matthew 7:2-6 NIV)

Here Jesus gives an awesome illustration for people struggling with sin. Notice that the speck of sawdust and the plank are both wood - the same sin; one sin is just “bigger” than the other, or one person more consumed by it. How can you judge someone who is struggling with the same sin as you are? Could one *** man claim that another *** man is more entrenched in sexual sin than he? And especially if the former is caught in a deeper struggle than the latter.

Keep reading...

First take the plank out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck from your brothers eye.

Notice that Jesus did not say let them each go their own way and continue to sin; He said to remove your plank AND remove your brother’s speck!

Along these same “don’t judge” lines is the claim that Jesus is friends with sinners, and that He accepted them as they were. I haven’t read in the Bible any instance of Jesus ever condoning sin; as a matter of fact he always told the sinners He forgave to stop sinning before something worse happened or simply to go and sin no more.

Consider now what Paul wrote in his first letter to the Corinthian church.

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord. Your boasting is not good. Don’t you know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough? Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.” (1 Corinthians 5:1-13 NIV)

The Bible clearly teaches that we, Christians, ARE to judge sin of all types among ourselves. The world or the unsaved are responsible for themselves; however, when the world desires to enter into a holy covenant of my faith and my God, I must stand for what I believe. As a Christian, I don't want to see anyone lost, and I want all people to be a part of my family.

So - the questioning goes - aren't you supposed to be loving?

Yes! I wholeheartedly agree here.  Christians are COMMANDED to love!

There are people who come across as unloving, usually because they’ve forgotten that they were guilty of crucifying Jesus with their sins at one point as well.

Still, no one who believes that sin - ANY kind of sin - brings separation from GOD and death can stand by and watch another continue on that death path while claiming they are loving. If we do love - truly love - then we help bring others to salvation, understanding that Jesus’ blood is enough to cover ALL sins!

Now what of this: Aren't all people entitled to love?

My opinion - Absolutely! What does that mean though? Is that to say that we should have sex with everyone we love?  This line of reasoning opens some doors that concern me deeply.  What is to stop us from saying this same thing about child molesters? (Actually, this is already a path that is being explored by some using the euphemism “intergenerational intimacy.”)

Another similar argument that is used - “I can't help who I am attracted to" - can also be applied to children.  Will that be acceptable as well?

Do you see that more we make excuses for one,

the more strongly we inevitably justify the other?

Another common claim is this: It's their life, not yours.  What business is it of yours if they want to get married?

No one lives his own life apart from everyone else. Every single person affects someone around him with his actions. If this were not so, why would we spend so much time and money running campaigns about drinking and driving, secondhand smoke, and the environment? How about the heated debate over gun control?

My children (among many others) are growing up in this world that we are creating. It is my right to focus on their futures. Is it not? The obvious argument that would be thrown at me here is “you’re raising your children to have hatred towards others.” Nope. I am raising my children to know that they have a right to stand for their beliefs just as much as anyone else - that they have a right to obey their GOD over the current popular culture.

Marriage is legally binding. I don't care about tax breaks or any other benefits that come with it. Give that to *** couples, for all I care. While I don't condone their lifestyle, I would rather see them have the monetary benefits without having to legally trap themselves in sin. (Now, I understand that we are all naturally defensive over “our” sin.  When our personal struggles or errors are pointed out, our pride kicks in. And when you add to that the pressure from people around us to remain in that sin, our defensiveness is heightened still.) Why do people sell drugs? They believe it’s easy money; and even when a person knows it is wrong, they may still struggle with leaving that “business” because they don’t want to lose the ease of that lifestyle. How much harder would be if they were in a legally binding contract with their supplier? The same thing problem exists with legally binding someone to a relationship that separates them from GOD.

GOD bless.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Basic question - Right or Wrong.

I say WRONG. Just my opinion.

I also think it is WRONG for our representatives in Washington to make this choice based on their personal beliefs. Example - one recently changed his vote and outlook on *** Marriage because he learned his son was ***. He is there to represent his region! His personal beliefs even if they did change has NOTHING to do with the people he is in Washington to represent.Therefore, he is WRONG in changing his stance.

So much of our Constitution is based from our forefather's beliefs and I do not think they should be subjec to changes such as popular opinion on *** Marriage. Whoever said 51% of American's approve anyway? I see that on the news all the time. No one ever asked me. :(

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Another common claim is this: It's their life, not yours.  What business is it of yours if they want to get married? 

• No one lives his own life apart from everyone else. Every single person affects someone around him with his actions. If this were not so, why would we spend so much time and money running campaigns about drinking and driving, secondhand smoke, and the environment? How about the heated debate over gun control?   Are you worried about getting "second hand ***?"

• My children (among many others) are growing up in this world that we are creating. It is my right to focus on their futures. Is it not? The obvious argument that would be thrown at me here is “you’re raising your children to have hatred towards others.” Nope. I am raising my children to know that they have a right to stand for their beliefs just as much as anyone else - that they have a right to obey their GOD over the current popular culture.What if your child chooses not to believe in your god?  What if your child is ***?

• Marriage is legally binding. I don't care about tax breaks or any other benefits that come with it. Give that to *** couples, for all I care. While I don't condone their lifestyle, I would rather see them have the monetary benefits without having to legally trap themselves in sin. (Now, I understand that we are all naturally defensive over “our” sin.  When our personal struggles or errors are pointed out, our pride kicks in. And when you add to that the pressure from people around us to remain in that sin, our defensiveness is heightened still.) Why do people sell drugs? They believe it’s easy money; and even when a person knows it is wrong, they may still struggle with leaving that “business” because they don’t want to lose the ease of that lifestyle.How much harder would be if they were in a legally binding contract with their supplier? The same thing problem exists with legally binding someone to a relationship that separates them from GOD.  See above.

GOD bless.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

G a y  Marriage

04/02/2013

0 Comments

6247151.jpg

Here you go, Markinsa............here's something on the Word.

There are people in the US who don't follow the Bible as their Handbook for Life......breathe now. Actually understand this fact as truth. Take it in.

There now. 

Here's another fact - this country was not founded on Christianity.....breathe again. Then get on Google and look up our pagan and deist Founding Fathers. Good...breathe now. Try to actually think on your own...good!

Lastly, my Bible is Buddhism. It says we should not allow Christian fundamentalists to marry and have babies because they are killing the world with their overconsumption, material greed and aggression against foreigners and anything or anyone they do not understand.  

So, sorry. No marriage for you. My Bible says so.

You can live quietly in a hole somewhere and we'll tolerate you. But you Fundies better not come out and ask for equal rights.

Edited by hame55
  • Upvote 11
  • Downvote 9

I also think it is WRONG for our representatives in Washington to make this choice based on their personal beliefs. Example - one recently changed his vote and outlook on *** Marriage because he learned his son was ***. He is there to represent his region! His personal beliefs even if they did change has NOTHING to do with the people he is in Washington to represent.Therefore, he is WRONG in changing his stance.

So much of our Constitution is based from our forefather's beliefs and I do not think they should be subjec to changes such as popular opinion on *** Marriage. Whoever said 51% of American's approve anyway? I see that on the news all the time. No one ever asked me. :(

Rat - this was Rob Portman. Ohio.

He should be admired for changing his stance. Too bad it took his own son to do it.

When asked about the THOUSANDS of *** people he represents in Ohio, he said:'Frankly I don't think about it much."

Apparently he doesn't represent all Ohioans.

And Rat....do you want your senator to think about your rights? Or just not think about them much?

Say your gun rights, or sending jobs to China....your right to a job.

I say to you Rat.....THINK......every time you spout off your blather about a FREE country. I have nothing else to say to you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

I almost feel like I should not comment on this because it will get lost in the shuffle of people agree and posting scripture to support what has already been put because I feel like this site is predominately Christian's and Conservatives and everyone who is not gets "negged" alot even if they make a valid argument without being disrespectful but someone gets mad or defiant to the point where they just hit the neg and keep moving and then feel like God should pat them on the back for sticking to their beliefs.  

Unfortunately for the Christians there is no leeway in this matter.  The bible clearly gives no wiggle room for homosexuality.  That said this issue is not about whose bible says what.  Automatically Christian people hear this topic (I'm guilty of it too being a Christian since birth practically) and think no they can't allow a man and a man or woman and woman to get married it's against the bible.  However the constitution states a clear separation of church and state (even though it's not strictly followed in all areas) but take note fellow christian's not everything that is in the Bible is law in our country.  Luckily it is not... take our present situation with Iraq where a lot of their laws are based on religion and look where their country is... or how about the extremist Muslims who believe that everyone who does not accept their ways should die?  How is that working for them? The bible talks about interracial marriages being a sin but that is allowed now... so at what point is our righteous indignation actually breaking Christ's golden rule of love?  

I believe that the world questions the Christian love walk on this topic because of the venomous bigotry that comes out by so called Christians who are not educated enough to represent us as Christians.  I believe there are a lot of Christians out there who realize that the world is not always going to match up with their beliefs... the Bible tells them to be in the world but not of it, so to walk in Grace means to raise yourself up above the standard of the Law.  People who don't believe in what you believe in shouldn't be made to live by your standards because they are not part of that Holy people or that Royal Priesthood.  America is not a Christian nation it just happens to have a Christian majority.  Yes we all have our lines that we draw but that is for your life and your convictions.  We can only pray for the people that need the law to give them some type of moral compass.  There is no fight here... now if you believe that two people getting married is infringing on your civil rights in a negative way then speak up.  But if you want to take your beliefs out of it and look at it from an economical stand point.  The marriage business is going to boom.  STD's will likely be reduced because you won't have so many *** partners just sleeping around because they are uncommitted.  The fact is that they are also citizens of this country who deserve to have the same rights as any other consenting adults wanting to spend the rest of their life together.  Let's face the fact that Marriage is not a holy sacrament any longer that all stopped when people started getting married at the beach lol. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Here you go, Markinsa............here's something on the Word.

There are people in the US who don't follow the Bible as their Handbook for Life......breathe now. Actually understand this fact as truth. Take it in.

There now. 

1, Here's another fact - this country was not founded on Christianity.....breathe again. 2. Then get on Google and look up our pagan and deist Founding Fathers. Good...breathe now. Try to actually think on your own...good!

3. Lastly, my Bible is Buddhism. It says we should not allow Christian fundamentalists to marry and have babies because they are killing the world with their overconsumption, material greed and aggression against foreigners and anything or anyone they do not understand.  

So, sorry. No marriage for you. My Bible says so.

4. You can live quietly in a hole somewhere and we'll tolerate you. But you Fundies better not come out and ask for equal rights.

1. You can say that statement as many times as you want and it still won't make it true.  Maybe someone will believe you, which would be sad, but I never will.  Good Luck with that.

2. Wrong: Please read: “The Founding Fathers & Deism”

3. Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!

4. You know the biggest thing that bothers you about me is?  Its that you know, I know I am right, and you won't be able to change my mind.. :lol:

5. And just for the record, there is no hate in my beliefs. I don't hate g a y s, I love the beautiful spirits God put in them, and I hate the fact that Satan and his demons have these people so convinced they aren't good enough and they deserved to be sodomized.

Finally, if you wish to debate 1-4 start a different topic.

-

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 3

Maybe his "stance" was wrong in the first place.

fvethirtyeight-0420-ssm2011-blog480.png

You're welcome.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/20/***-marriage-opponents-now-in-minority/

• Upvote 3

1. You can say that statement as many times as you want and it still won't make it true.  Maybe someone will believe you, which would be sad, but I never will.  Good Luck with that.

2. Wrong: Please read: “The Founding Fathers & Deism”

3. Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!

4. You know the biggest thing that bothers you about me is?  Its that you know, I know I am right, and you won't be able to change my mind.. :lol:

5. And just for the record, there is no hate in my beliefs. I don't hate g a y s, I love the beautiful spirits God put in them, and I hate the fact that Satan and his demons have these people so convinced they aren't good enough and they deserved to be sodomized.

Finally, if you wish to debate 1-4 start a different topic.

-

Rob Portman, senator from Ohio, is a "believer" as you are, Markinsa.

He heard very good arguments about how this is a free country. People should be free to love whom they choose.

He ignored them for years.

Then his own *** son came to him and said: "I'm ***. It isn't a choice, Dad."

Then the senator changed his mind.

Perhaps you won't change yours until you experience denying freedom to someone you care about personally.

Probably not.

Too bad you aren't capable of it yet. I wish you well in your "rock solid" beliefs. 

And look! I replied without calling you names - in the Christian way.

Edited by hame55
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

Bottom Line everything was made male female to procreate , it's natural normal and the only way to survive. If they want same sex marriage put them all on a Island and in 50 years or so they won't exist anymore! Obviously it doesn't take  much thought to realize Same sex is wrong and against the grain and will be there own distruction in the End, that's why it is Sin and God doesn't allow it! God Gave us the Bible to Protect ourselves and keep us on the right course for survival to not die but live forever with him in his Kingdom. We can't do that going against what he warns us not to do, and this subject is just way to obvious whether you believe in God or not you can't survive in this world long if everyone decides to marry there own kind !

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Im for civil unions...so everyone has the same legal rights as a married couple(man and woman)

Marriage? No way. marriage is a covenant between god, a man and a woman. marriage is a religious belief...and has transformed into culture as a way to make the next step in a relationship.

marriage is under attack. people divorce in days. making a mockery of god and his covenant. marriage is something serious to god. you live by your vows. how funny.....until death do is part. people say the vows and are off screwing around ina year. what a blasphemy.

i think g ays just want to be able to marry.....to justify their perversion in front of god.

Seperate church and state. state says yes to civil unions....church says no to *** marriage. Thats my opinion

• Upvote 3