Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adams Wed chat 4-3-2013

VIZIOIRAQI

It

[Adam Montana] Morning all! wait.... it's not morning anymore

[
Adam Montana] sorry I'm late today, I had computer issues. Finally ended up stealing my wife's laptop    

Just goes to show that Adam is willing to risk life and limb to support our need for information and analysis  :tiphat:

Thanks Mr. M and the mods for keeping us in the loop and grounded...

• Upvote 4

[Adam Montana] Ok everyone, great questions this week! Like I said, things are picking back up and I am looking forward to reporting better and bigger news soon. Until then - adios!

Adam,

Does it mean the next time we hear from you is a text...? that would be very nice :)  Look forward to hearing your better and bigger news.. :)

• Upvote 1

Adam, as always thanks for all the info. Hopefully they get their act together and we can all get together and laugh about how long this has taken. Viz thanks for doing all the pasting and posting this morning. Go Rrrrrr Vvvvvv

• Upvote 1

"[VIZIOIRAQI] RUM Several counties we are familiar with purposely keep their currency value low for competitive reasons. Concerning Iraq we are told their reason is to facilitate the rebuilding of the infrastructure more cheaply. What is the incentive in Iraq to changing this policy any time soon?

[
Adam Montana] The observation is astute, and that's a good question. The answer is... NOTHING. There is really no reason for Iraq to keep it's currency falsely low... which is why I still believe in the investment. When they are ready to raise the value, they definitely have more reason to raise it than to keep it low. :twothumbs:
"

I have a question... can Adam or anyone answer this?.

Adam agrees with VIZIOIRAQ that there is no incentive in Iraq to changing the policy of keeping their currency low to facilitate rebuilding of the infrastructure more cheaply. But this is saying they have no incentive to raise the value of the Dinar.

I don't understand why Adam thinks this means Iraq has more reasons to raise the value. It would seem to be the opposite that Iraq has more reason to keep it low. It has always seemed logical to me that Iraq would want to keep the currency value low to stimulate foreign investments since foreign currency / investments go much farther when it is low... and that is what they need now, foreign investments.

Raising the rate will only chase away the foreign investors. The only incentive to raising the rate is to make the Iraqis themselves the primary investors in Iraq. But is that the best for the country right now? Is this country with its enormous religious/secular divide ready for that?

Cheers!