Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kuwait Delegation to Visit Mubarak Port

(AIN) -The Kuwaiti National Assembly approved the formation of a delegation to visit Grand Mubarak Port and the border signs with Iraq.

The Kuwaiti (Kuna) News Agency reported on Tuesday “The Kuwaiti National Assembly approved, during its regular session of Tuesday, the formation of a parliamentary delegation to visit Grand Mubarak Port, the border signs at the Iraqi-Kuwaiti borders, and the oil facilities in north of Iraq.”

Kuwait and the UN Assistance Mission to Iraq (UNAMI) announced resolving the issue of the border demarcation with Iraq once and for all after removing all the transgressions and the obstacles that hurdle maintaining the border sings in UM Qasr border district.

The Premier of Kuwait, Jaaber Mubarak al-Sabah announced on last Saturday his intention to visit Iraq to discuss settling all the pending issues with Iraq, but he is awaiting Iraq’s invitation for this visit.

http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=31398:kuwaiti-parliamentary-delegation-to-visit-grand-mubarak-port-&catid=35:political&Itemid=2

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

blueskies...you may not realize that this is actually some very good news.  In fact...I think you should have titled it as an UPDATE to Mubarak Port and Kuwait/Iraq relations.  How Iraq handles the needed "invitation" can be VERY good for their future.

You, and others may not remember early last year (Feb2012) when the port was targeted by a group for bombing.  At that point and especially with the (even then) wild card Maliki...there was a concern for how it would effect a Ch7 removal.   I was concerned at how Maliki might handle talks with Kuwait, myself and if other attacks might be staged.

I am really amazed that articles like this are completely overlooked by most when Iraq's relations and interactions with Kuwait (IMO) are HUGE in what defines their future.  Kuwait is a long standing member of The World Bank, IMF, Arab League, and ! World Trade Organization !  These are only a few of Kuwait accolades that you can BET Iraq will need to immulate before getting it's currency to a strong global trade.  Kuwait has a HUGE influence in Iraq's success and MARK MY WORDS...Kuwait is pivitol in Iraq being groomed for acceptance globally especially in the eyes of the media and positive global reactions and security confidence.

Look back at the previous history of the port issue in both our forums' link and the (still active) news link about the 2012 bombing attempt.

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/103542-kuwait-port-attacked/

This is real news, my friends, and should be given much more than a "once over".  Not rumor or conjecture on Iraq's progress or future...this is the type of information that will build or break anyone's confidence in the future of the dinar...and especially a true rise in it's rate once globally traded.

best wishes to you all and special THANK you to blueskies for bringing attention to the huge issue of the port!!

God bless you all,

crossfire

An after thought that I do not have time to back up with a link.  The last I heard, Kuwaiti Prime Minister Jaber Mubarak Al-Sabah is supposed to be in Baghdad

next month.  I do not recall exactly when.  I hope we see real progress here.  As mentioned by "10 Years Later" earlier above....a 24hr window is not Iraq's style, sadly.

If anyone has another update on the minister's visit to Baghdad, I'd be happy to see it when I get back next week.

Again, wish you all well