Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament Awaits Launch of New 400% Increase in Salaries for Doctors

I wonder if this is related to an RV or if Iraq is just going to increase doctor salaries by 400 percent under the old rate? I also wonder what doctors are generally making now (in comparison)?

Baghdad / Orr News

Revealed to the parliamentary health committee a 400 percent increase on the salaries of doctors specialties of anesthesia and forensic psychology and family emergency, parliamentary Finance Committee confirmed that "there is a ladder and a new functionally includes an increase in the salaries of all employees."

A member of the Health Committee in favor Hasnawi said that "the State Council approved the Law on the Ministry of Health and the protection of doctors and sent to the Council of Ministers, which is currently studied and learned that he will some adjustments in the interest of doctors then sent to the House of Representatives for a vote." He Hasnawi that "the law includes increased 400 percent on salaries specialties Anesthesiology and Psychology and Justice, family and emergency," adding that "the law contains two important points first that work of a doctor in the private sector is a public service and treated as a civil servant Wi attack him be an assault on a government employee, and the second he may not arrest the doctor and accused him of hurting the patient and can form a technical committee with the task of investigating medical errors that get either in cases of willful negligence be a criminal case. "

Hasnawi confirmed that "the law includes the return of older doctors to service and extend the retirement age from 63 to 70 years and the allocation of functional grades them," said a member of the Finance Committee Abdul-Hussein al-Yasiri that a new peaceful and functionally be launched soon include increasing employees' salaries. Yasiri said that "the State Council completed study of the career ladder and sent to the Council of Ministers for consideration to send then to the House of Representatives" and Yasiri predicted that "this peace sees the light soon."

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&u=http://www.uragency.net/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Duragency.net%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DFpg%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=X&ei=MctaUa2GAoSe9QTi6oFo&ved=0CDkQ7gEwAA

Yes, I know, Sandfly, that the article refers to salaries for doctors. But my question was whether Iraq suddenly increasing its doctor salaries by 400% could be related to an RV (as they would have more money to work with in the new budget or because they are trying to raise the scale to comport with the new valuation). Sorry, if the wording wasn't clear. It's also interesting to me that the article describes Iraq as trying to implement something akin to tort reform where doctors can't be sued/arrested for malpractice except in egregious cases.

Edited by blueskies